|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network. |
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
People are uploading files from my incomplete folder!
I am currently trying to download a file that is only 3% complete. Meanwhile I have at least 20 people in my upload queue attempting to upload this same file! It isn't even on my hard drive yet! Why does Limewire allow this?
First of all, I do *not* want to share files in my Incomplete folder, as they are not even there yet, and they are files I am trying to *download,* NOT allow someone else to waste one of my six upload slots on a 3%-done file!
Second, I have carefully picked which files I want to share, but because all of these hogs are on here trying to get my 3%-done file of Unreal Tournament 2003, people are unable to get to the actual files I have chosen for sharing purposes.
This is *extremely* annoying.
I am running Limewire version 3.5.8, I have Java 1.4.1 installed, and I am running Mac OS X 10.2.6 on a 933 G4 PowerMac with 1.5G of RAM installed, on a Cable Modem and *not* through a router.
I have blocked hosts 192.*.*.* and 10.*.*.* and filter results !!! and /
I dislike that this version doesn't show the progress bar as visibly going from 1 to 100, instead just showing a percentage. I would like an animated progress bar.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, HOW DO I GET RID OF ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ATTEMPTING TO UPLOAD A FILE THAT I HAVE IN MY INCOMPLETE FOLDER?!
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
And may I say, I did read through your FAQs and stickies, and I will say the FAQs are misleading; they are all about how to use a message board, and nothing at all about how to use Limewire. I went to the Limewire main site to read the FAQs, and all I got was a basic user manual which is what I have in the help files that come with Limewire, NOT helpful at all.
If you say you have real FAQs here, for answers that are asked repeatedly, then put them up!!
This new version also has something called "Out Of Range" for people trying to upload this file out of my incomplete folder.
I wish there were more documentation available and a *real* FAQs area here.
Last edited by hmmm; September 13th, 2003 at 08:57 PM.
I have also attempted to solve this problem by going into the types of files I want to share and taking out dmg (in fact, only leaving in mp3 and mpg), and by blocking all hosts attempting to upload this "incomplete" file.
However, Limewire does *not* recognize any of the changes.
I do NOT want to have to restart the program just to have the new changes take effect! It should block hosts on the fly, not require a restart! Same with a change in types of files I wish to share!
No, idiot, I have two degrees in programming.
I don't mind people having the file once I have it!
How can I get it, however, when it is only 3% done?!
I usually share more than 600 files!
So long and thanks for all the files ... I don't need help like yours.
No trolls, please, someone really helpful instead.
I also will leave Limewire running all night, and all day, even when I am on the computer, so that people can retrieve files.
I have an mpg of the Original World Trade Center Video done by Enya (not one of the many copycat versions) that is extremely time-consuming for most people to download due to reasons I won't get into here. I am attempting to share that, but clogging up my queues like this is making it impossible.
As I said, I have absolutely no problem in sharing the file once I actually have the file; that is the intent.
well princess, your two degrees should have taught you to look in the preferences to disable partial file sharing.
If you need help finding that preference, let me know and I'll send you a screen shot.
[sorry peerless--I know I should resist]
I just upgraded to this version tonight.
I had been using an older version.
I am a mod on another board, and I know how fun it can be to be condescending to newbies (and I mean that as sarcastically as possible, as I do not do that), especially anyone that is *gasp!* disgruntled with or does not understand a new feature.
This is not meant as a slap to Limewire; I wanted answers to my questions; and I didn't appreciate the "read the FAQs" in the sticky only to find out it contained no relevant information whatsoever.
Thanks, Prince, if I may call you that?
I see both of you have been here for awhile; Lee was really nice and helped me out awhile back when I was in a jam.
I see that not all of his mods are equally helpful.
nor I--Canada helps. btw--you're using the jum214 version, right? LW has only officially released 3.5.7
can you tell me what gives with this? My degrees mostly are in Arts, so I have far more questions than answers.
Sep 12 18:31:34 cust118-24 /Applications/LimeWire/LimeWire.app/Contents/MacOS/LimeWire: kCGErrorFailure : *** Parser error line 1, character position 52
Welcome--glad to have you around darling
G3 iBook 700MHZ, jum214 384 RAM usually Linkys 4 port via 1mbps cable DSL
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Incomplete Files Folder||ThePointIsNotTo||Download/Upload Problems||0||May 20th, 2005 04:11 PM|
|P2P Network and uploading incomplete files||Trynty||Open Discussion topics||3||January 19th, 2005 01:30 AM|
|Uploading Incomplete files||nam||Download/Upload Problems||1||January 17th, 2004 09:55 AM|
|Allow intelligent uploading of incomplete files||Unregistered||New Feature Requests||5||April 12th, 2002 12:55 AM|
|what happens to the files in the incomplete folder ???||Unregistered||Download/Upload Problems||1||March 18th, 2002 07:47 PM|