|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network. |
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
How come it seems that every song I try to download has some sort of corruption in it? I could even tolerate a hiccup or skip in the song every now and again if they'd burn to a CD, but not a single one of the songs I attempted to toss onto a disc would go on. I spent an entire day downloading tunes to put onto a mix and it turns out none of them work. Is this some sort of thing to keep people from burning CDs from mp3s, or has every Limewire user somehow managed to corrupt their songs?
It would help others to help you if you tell us what software you are using to try to do the burning... Also, type of disks (CD-RW are 'normally' a no-no) and what player.
WITHOUT naming names, you might say whether or not what you are D/Ling is new and very popular...
Remember that you are not getting files only from LimeWire users...
Are you trying, when possible, to download files with the largest number of sources ?
Are you using
People do care, honest... But, it is Sunday night/Monday morning in North America/Europe and hopefully the Oceanians are at work !!!
Fusion for REAL!--CDex 1.51--Wackyuses--Bitzi - Check Files Before Download !--.mp3 File Name Change Problems? Try Rename-It!--Alternate PORTS--Avast- Anti-Virus--WindowWasher--IrfanView--PC Pitstop - Test your PC !--Mac OSX Troubleshooting--GO .ape ! - For 'Lossless' Audio Compression--Port :6346 - Test If It Is 'Blocked'--Cole2k Codecs--OldVersion - Newer isn't always better !
Nod32 - Free Virus Scan: Use ESET's Online Antivirus Scanner
Sunni in places, Shi'ite in others...
using Sonic RecordNow! for burning. maybe it's just touchy about corruptions, i couldn't tell you. And most of the songs I'm trying to get are from either out of print or little known albums from the 70's & 80's. And no, not using Bitzi. Never heard of it, in fact. Thanks for the reply, I understand it being a pain in the *** to answer the same questions all the time but I didn't have any luck finding an answer on the Search.
By the way, is it ettiquette or just good sense not to name names when it comes to what you're getting?
Last edited by Paladoris; February 24th, 2004 at 05:02 PM.
The 'not naming names' bit is in relation to posts including references to copyright infringement.
Re: the 'pain'... Don't worry about it... Well, worry a little !!! Ha Ha...
Speaking of 'pain'...
You may want to check out whether or not your sound quality problems on playback could be related to your... Oh, Oh... Sound Card and/or the drivers for same.
This is a very touchy and personal thing for many people, especially if they have spent serious money on something which is not as good as advertised !
The above is just a guess, albeit a reasonable one !
It would help all if you would be quite specific about all of your System... Narrows down the replies with further queries and gets you an answer faster !
It doesn't seem to be the system, though. I'd sincerely doubt it'd be the sound card. It seems to just be that the files themselves are screwy. I'll get a notice all the time from Limewire saying "We've detected a corruption in this here file, wanna go ahead anyway?", and I usually just click yes because 'corruption' usually just means that somehow it got screwed up so there's a skip or hiccup or two in the song. I don't believe it has anything to do with my computer just not being able to play the songs, as it plays regular CDs fine, and when I actually do get a successful, uncorrupted download, it plays fine and burns fine. All I was complaining about was the fact that it's very rare, at least in the things I'm looking for, to find a song that plays perfectly all the way through without skips, and in turn burns to a CD. Finding the files in the first place is a tough gig, having them be corrupted just makes matters frustrating. I used Bearshare for a little while before and it had the same problem.
Salut Pladoris! Here is my advice: change your burning program, as it seems to picky about corrupted files, get Nero or something else.
Liens d'intérêt /Links of interest:
Gnutellaforums en français /The House's rules you have to respect / First search the forum, then create a thread / Free software alternatives! - Logiciels alternatifs gratuits!/
Just EXACTLY what system does it not seem to be ?
(But, I do hope you are right !)
To date, we have been able to learn that you are using some version of LimeWire and Sonic RecordNow! on some sort of computer with some type of Operating System.
You also have not stated what 'player' you are using and whether or not you have tried any other player(s).
Also, depending on your machine and its peripherals, you may be using very, very few of your machines 'resources' when 'playing a CD' as it is entirely possible that your CD-ROM/player is doing most of the work... i.e. not accessing your Hard Drive or using any great share of processor time/resources.
Rather different, hmmm ?
99.99% sure that you have some form of problem on/with your machine.
Please try with another 'burner' and another 'player'.
I am not ignoring the importance of the 'message' you get in LimeWire. But, is that message being reported when you use the player or after you have completed a download...
Also, are you certain that this is not a problem related to a heavily fragmented Hard Disk ?
And, pretty please ???????
More info so that others can help you more quickly and more accurately, OK ?
p.s. Not that this will cheer you up, but, for many, many years I have said to people that,
"If Hi-Fi worked the same way as computers we'd all be playing in kazoo bands !"
Think about it... Aren't computers fun ???
I feel your pain, I have been having the same problem recently. I switched form Kazaa (Which I was using for about a year with no problem) when every file I tried to download was corrupt so I thought I would switch to Limewire (about a week ago). Now I can't even finish the download without the prompt coming up that, "The file is corrupt, do you want to continue?"
My OS is Windows XP Home, Burining is Roxio CD Creator 5, Pentium 4 2.0, use both Windows Media and Music Match as palyers, all neatly compiled on a Dell Dimension 4500 Desktop. And I just downloaded Limewire so I assume that it is the most recent version.
Any further suggations would be appreciated.
I omiited the following earlier, but there is most unfortunately the possibility that the 'corrupted' files you have attempted to download are deliberately corrupted.
Deliberately corrupted and then shared by organisations who are in one quise or another affiliated with the music recording industry.
There are numerous threads and posts on this subject here in the forums.
As an aside, for those who are doubtful of the ability of individuals or groups do this, just think how many files are covered by people attempting to install their 'dialer' applications on your machines... And, these 'dailer' people are very small-time in comparison to the music recording industry.
This may seem strange to say, but hopefully it is a problem with either your systems or your software.
Those types of 'problems' can be fixed !
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Corrupted Files||Sherry||General Windows Support||3||March 27th, 2007 07:03 AM|
|Corrupted Files?||Hitman40||Open Discussion topics||1||April 16th, 2006 10:26 AM|
|Corrupted Files||RICHARD EICHINGER||Download/Upload Problems||1||October 4th, 2005 01:53 PM|
|where are my corrupted files?||meli||Download/Upload Problems||0||June 7th, 2005 09:33 AM|
|corrupted files||rjclark||Download/Upload Problems||0||November 16th, 2002 09:45 AM|