|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network. |
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
It is a part of the new LW for legal reasons. If you decide that it doesn't matter downlding copyright material, then tick Yes, & you can optionally then tick Always use this answer (& you won't be asked again.) If you don't want to take the risk then press no. But if you press no & choose always use that answer, you'll not be asked & not be able to downld files that would have requested information about licensing; thus you'll need to do one of 2 options:
(1) Revert Popups to Default : Go to LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>View>Popups & click revert to default.
(2) Go to LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>Searching>Basic & decide whether to tick or untick "Show License Warning" (this is a setting you should do when 1st setting up.)
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; September 8th, 2005 at 07:19 AM.
Mac OSX users will find the options in a different location. Use Command (apple key) & comma, (⌘-,) to bring up the LW preferences. Then same as above. ___ (click image to see larger view)
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 6th, 2008 at 07:55 PM.
Change Search license option
Latest version of LW option to turn this off is bottom of this post.
LW 4: Tools>Options>Searching>Basic & decide whether to tick or uncheck "Show License Warning"
(click to see larger view of LW 4 sample image)
And for OSX that's of course:
(click to see larger view of OSX sample image)
For LW 5.0 - 5.2, option can be found in Tools -> Options -> Security, & press on Warning Messages - Settings button. Also decide over Filtering options:
(click to see larger view of LW 5.2 sample image)
For Keyword filter options, see Direct instructions to eliminate porn & other marketing junk from search results
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; April 29th, 2010 at 11:25 PM.
I am at work & i just started to use limewire, or tried anyway. I have windows xp on what i think is a t1 connection. I have tried to revert to defaults on the popups but when i try to download, nothing happens. there is no popup that comes up. the only thing i get is searching & need more sources in the progress window. that is ALL i have gotten. please help me.
New Version 4.9
Yes I am having the same problem with the lisence with the new LM but I thought everything to do with LM was legal that's why I subcribed to it.
Subscribed? I think you should see this: Membership? - **WARNING ** BEWARE** - Download p2p Clients ONLY Thru Official Sites
No where on the official LW site does it say downlding copyright material is legal. The official site is here http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml
If you paid a lot of money for it then i'd cancel the transaction asap. LW Pro costs US $18.88 & the Basic version is Free. Some scam sites will have you pay more & then direct you to the downld page of the Basic version. Since when would the record companies be happy about people sharing copyright songs for free when they don't get a penny/cent. Any web site that claims Free downlds of music & movies is a scam site!
did the answer yes to it
hey guys can some one please help me!! i answered yes to the liscensing thing and it wont let me dl fast the 1 to 2 kbs.... im going crazy i cant figure out what i got to do. i got cable connection and a really fast computer... can some one please help me. thx alot.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Please Help (license problem)||kcjack||Download/Upload Problems||2||May 6th, 2008 10:58 AM|
|license||moocha||Download/Upload Problems||1||December 13th, 2006 05:04 PM|
|license problem||simplegirl||Download/Upload Problems||1||August 24th, 2006 07:07 PM|
|license problem||desperma||Download/Upload Problems||2||August 16th, 2005 07:59 PM|
|Acquiring license problem||arwenthecat||Download/Upload Problems||0||January 12th, 2004 03:54 AM|