|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network. |
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Weird Download Problem.
I'm having this problem downloading on limewire and it's bugging me because I'm not able to see what's going on...
For the last two nights I've been trying to download some episodes from Lost S2 and I've been starting them when I go to sleep and expecting them to be done when I wake up...
The first morning, there was an error message that said something like "Limewire has resulted in..something..." (I forget sorry ) and gave me some options to close the box and maybe repair? However, all I know is that the box was frozen, the entire limewire was frozen, and clicking the popup grayed out the entire box (hence why I can't remember what it said).
Today, same thing happened...I came to my computer, there was a popup, it was all grey, and the only way to do anything was for me to end the limewire process. (And the picture in the task manager had changed from the lime to the java symbol btw >.>)
Now, both days, when I restart limewire I get an error that says "unable to restart old downloads"...
Was wondering if anyone could help me with this...
Not behind a firewall
Full connection bars always
Java version unknown >.> (not sure where to check)
Alright, so I searched and found a thread about internal errors, and turned off bug reports just to test...now I get a fatal error popup:
I clicked review and waited and waited...and got this:
LimeWire version 4.10.3 Java version 1.5.0_06 from Sun Microsystems Inc. Windows XP v. 5.1 on x86 Free/total memory: 158904/66650112 FATAL ERROR! java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space -- listing session information -- Current thread: AWT-EventQueue-0 Active Threads: 13 Uptime: 8:42:16 Is Connected: false Number of Ultrapeer -> Ultrapeer Connections: 0 Number of Ultrapeer -> Leaf Connections: 0 Number of Leaf -> Ultrapeer Connections: 0 Number of Old Connections: 0 Acting as Ultrapeer: true Acting as Shielded Leaf: false Number of Active Uploads: 0 Number of Queued Uploads: 0 Number of Active Managed Downloads: 1 Number of Active HTTP Downloaders: 1 Number of Waiting Downloads: 1 Received incoming this session: true Number of Shared Files: 62 Guess Capable: true Received Solicited UDP: true SIMPP version: 40 Port Stable: true FWT Capable: true Last Reported Port: 38555 External Port: 38555 IP Pongs Received: 0 -- listing threads -- HttpClient-ReferenceQueueThread: 1 Thread-9: 1 QueryUnicaster: 1 Java2D Disposer: 1 TimerQueue: 1 MulticastService: 1 Acceptor: 1 AWT-Shutdown: 1 AWT-Windows: 1 AWT-EventQueue-0: 1 Timer-0: 1 HTTPAcceptor: 1 DestroyJavaVM: 1 -- listing properties -- WINDOW_Y=-4 FORCE_IP_ADDRESS=true WINDOW_X=-4 PORT=38555 RUN_ON_STARTUP=false UPDATE_DELAY=431999998 UPDATE_GIVEUP_FACTOR=24 FILTER_HASH_QUERIES=true UPNP_IN_USE=true INSTALLED=true UI_LIBRARY_TREE_DIVIDER_LOCATION=122 AVERAGE_UPTIME=4015 TOTAL_UPTIME=92347 MAX_UPLOAD_BYTES_PER_SEC=25 MIN_CONNECT_TIME=7 COUNTRY= TREE_NODE_PREFIXES=n LAST_SHUTDOWN_TIME=1136618768843 APP_WIDTH=1032 SESSIONS=23 FORCED_PORT=38555 LAST_ACCEPTABLE_BUG_VERSION=4.9.40 FRACTIONAL_UPTIME=0.117047764 CONNECTION_SPEED=350 LAST_EXPIRE_TIME=1136266712828 MAX_DOWNLOAD_BYTES_PER_SEC=192 UPDATE_DOWNLOAD_DELAY=10000000 RUN_ONCE=true APP_HEIGHT=750 EVER_SUPERNODE_CAPABLE=true EVIL_HOSTS=ph MAX_SIM_DOWNLOAD=3 LAST_GWEBCACHE_FETCH_TIME=1136266767156 UNSET_FIREWALLED_FROM_CONNECTBACK=true EVER_ACCEPTED_INCOMING=true CLIENT_ID=DF8F0ACB20D4020661F0F7FB35772600 FLUSH_DELAY_TIME=256 IDLE_CONNECTIONS=2 CONNECTION_VIEW_ENABLED=true IGNORE_ALL_BUGS=true
I can't see it being a corrupt download either since both this version (4.10) and my last (4.93?) both had this popup.
*Sigh, is this enough info for someone to help me now?
It appears you Java install was corrupt I jot this same message when I installed 4.10.0 if you follow the instructions below it should clear up the problem at least it did for me. Use the offline installer for java.
LimeWire the second link will take you there.
Now with that done click on start then control panel add/remove programs and see if Java is listed on the list if it is uninstall it. Do the same with LimeWire if the un installers were not loaded you may have to manually delete the files. But in most cases this is not necessary.
Now click on the Java installer you saved to your hard drive and follow the instructions after you have completed that do the same with LimeWire.
Please post back and let us know if it worked. If it did not I will give further instructions on manually deleting Java and LimeWire.
You may also want to delete the .limewire file which can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\*yourusername*\Application Data\limewire
You can find instructions in the link below
Fixes for Limewire when LW isn't operating as it should
Last edited by Grandpa; January 7th, 2006 at 11:51 AM.
I removed 5 versions of Java, and just did a general cleanup, uninstalled Limewire, deleted all traces of it, including the .limewire preferences..did a full clean install of all the latest versions using the offline installer. And voila.
Downloads are going great, I'm maxing out my bandwidth with any amount of downloads (too bad its oly 1024 kbps connection), and everything is running smoothly.
Thanks for your help...now the debate is whether or not to upgrade to Pro with the whole lawsuit thing facing limewire..
Well you downloads will be no faster since you are maxing out you connection speed now. Your search results will be slightly better. I myself buy Pro as a gesture of support for the LimeWire team I rarely download unless testing.
But LimeWire has done a great job of developing the fastest P2P software out there and it takes $$ to live. Also if they do happen to go to court it is going to take money for the legal fees. And I strongly believe in what LimeWire has stood for and I myself will continue to support them any way I can.
Hopefully you live in Canada and the exchange rate for $18.88 U.S. is $23.00 C. Because LimeWire Pro is $18.88
The link below is to the official site
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Very weird problem !!!||windstruck||Download/Upload Problems||4||December 24th, 2006 07:13 AM|
|weird weird problem||dzadzou||Windows||6||January 2nd, 2006 09:09 AM|
|Weird Problem, could use some help.||SolidSnake5500||Windows||4||June 20th, 2005 10:33 PM|
|weird audio download problem||cravatepliee||Download/Upload Problems||3||January 24th, 2005 07:39 PM|