|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|FrostWire General forum section for FrostWire users; Download "FrostWire Clean version 4" . FrostWire v.5 which only uses bittorrents and no longer uses Gnutella Network is not supported on these forums.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Most common FW problems
This thread is about solving most common FW problems. Other mods might want to add tips as time goes as I'll only make one right now
Problem 1: FrostWire doesn't download file upon double clicking on a search result.
Workaround: Go in the menu Options-> (Preferences on os x), select any panel and click on the "Restore Defaults" button in the lower left. Reattempt to download the file from results and read carefully the popping dialog.
Problem 2: Various problems, from FW does not start up to FW has speed problems and download corruption. (this might be due to preferences corruption)
General Workaround: Delete your FW preferences folder:
Emplacement of themes directory for:
Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\*yourusername*\Application Data\FrostWire\themes Note: Application Data folder is hidden by default, you have to play with the menu Tools -> Folder options in Windows Explorer
Mac OS X: /*yourusername*/Library/Preferences/FrostWire/themes/
Liens d'intérêt /Links of interest:
Gnutellaforums en français /The House's rules you have to respect / First search the forum, then create a thread / Free software alternatives! - Logiciels alternatifs gratuits!/
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 22nd, 2006 at 09:25 AM.
For an example of how to delete your FrostWire preferences for Windows users, see How to delete your FrostWire Preferences folder
Problems starting FW or error messages when trying to open, try right-clicking the actual FrostWire program (not the shortcut) & change compatibility mode to either Windows 2000 or Windows NT. Try this even if you're using Windows XP. But not applicable for windows 98 users.
Make sure you have the latest Java. http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp It is always safest to download the "Offline" installer version. Problems installing using the online installer are common. The result can be a corrupt installation. Though you may not realise the installation was corrupt other than FrostWire not behaving or working.
HTML Forever Loading
Yesterday I've installed Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn). I can tell you, it looks great!
But there's a small problem, I've installed Frostwire (Following the steps in the Starters Guide). As I launch Frostwire, There appears a screen with: Loading HTML, I waited hours, But it just won't load I think
Does anybody knows what's wrong?
Sorry for my really bad English
If you need more information, Just ask
Depends whether it was your AV program or another utility such as spyware, etc. If you downloaded it from the appropriate location then no issue. As far as spyware utilities go, many are not suited to p2p programs & wrongly think they are spyware. Simply put FW on the safe list, else get a reliable utility instead of the one you have for checking.
Frostwire 4.10 not connecting!!!
I have very little computer skill so guys bear with me. A while ago i paid for frost wire. Never could access anything because it wouldnt connect. Well i just tried limewire and the same deal. It wouldnt connect. I am a computer idiot so if you could explain how to do this in kindergarden language i would be greatly appreciative!!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|connection problems and possible solutions||Unregistered||Connection Problems||2||December 17th, 2007 01:14 AM|
|Common Problem?||cheg||General Windows Support||5||May 5th, 2007 07:43 AM|
|Common download problems please read||scubastevo7||Download/Upload Problems||1||October 20th, 2006 08:02 PM|
|common names||hello there everybody||New Feature Requests||0||November 19th, 2004 10:51 AM|
|Re: Is this common for MAC?? MACTELLA||Unregistered||Mactella (Macintosh)||1||February 11th, 2002 11:22 AM|