|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|FrostWire General forum section for FrostWire users; Download "FrostWire Clean version 4" . FrostWire v.5 which only uses bittorrents and no longer uses Gnutella Network is not supported on these forums.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
HELP PLEASE!!! FROSTWIRE CAN't CONNECT!!
I know all about the firewalls...in fact, frostwire was running in my laptop for 4 months with the little brick wall in the bottom covering the planet, but then two days ago, all of a sudden, I only had one green bar in my connection meter and i waited several hours but still nothing. I installed it and uninstalled it twice and still nothing.
here is my info...
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? Mcafee (which is on but i have disbled temporarily just to see if it would work, but still nothing), and Windows Security (which i have shut off)
3. How much ram? i dont know
4. Hard Disk space available? 80 gig
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Wireless modem
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Axess-tel CDMA
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Frostwire 4.10.9 and Java 1.50.0_05
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Firefox
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? says "your test worked": Yep
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.well technically arimba is a unsecure internet connection: No
12. Is this a your 1st try at FW or is this a new problem with an experienced user: i had limewire a couple of months ago and i think i had te same problem, but on a different computer and cable modem...it got solved though, if my memory does not fail me
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface?yes and i always have, even when both of my firewalls are down.
This problem came completely out of the blue being that i have been using it for such a long time. Please help.
Thank you veddy much.
Double check your firewall config. You've probably done that but I'm just making sure.
How do you have your router set up (UPNP enabled, port forwarded or neither)?
If your model supports UPnP (some Axesstel devices do, not sure about yours as we'll need the model number), enable it within the router & also choose that option within FW's tools > options > advanced > firewall config. Give it a while to settle down & see what happens!
Do you have Service Pack 2 installed? Are you using a patch to increase connections? Check the thread below for a link to the patch, it might help.
Loads of people are having probs with FW connections right now & it has me stumped. I'd be really interested to see if that patch helps. I've used a patch for a while & my FW is connecting fine.
Otherwise try port forwarding. Check the site below, if your router's listed you'll find step by step instructions. Choose LW from the list of programs, FW isn't listed & setup is the same. *If setting up a static IP's in the instructions, don't miss that step...it's important.
Can you please let us know if any of those fixes work?
okay...i downloaded the patch and nothing. I tried port frwarding and nothing. One peculiar thing was that I checked my McAffee firewall to see if i had granted access to Frostwire's port (which i wasn't sure was either 6346 or 34651, I even changed the manual port forwarding # to 10004) and it did not appear on the list of inbound events, something necessary for it to be allowed entry. even stranger is that frostwire was working incredibly well for several months until 3 days ago and i'm surprised that it is not listed in McAffee. I am beyond confused and am considering getting either bearshare or morpheus, but i am loyal to frostwire and really want this to get fixed.
The listening port should be the same as the port that was forwarded.
You could take a note of all your option settings, then delete your FW prefs folder whilst it's closed; How to delete your FrostWire Preferences folder
Then set up the firewall options again. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be sure which one FW was listening thru. You set this so it's static. Only if you're using UPnP (no port forwarding) would the UDP vary at all. But it looks like your device doesn't support UPnP. BTW when you port forwarded, did you set up a static ip 1st? If not, then you'd need to start from scratch & do the port forwarding again.
Yep, I deleted the frostwire preferences folder, then I accidentally uninstalled the entire frostwire program and put it to port forwarding with the port 10004. I figured that this would be even better and, to my dismay, it didn't do any difference...still showing only one bar and a firewall icon on the bottom bar. i even disabled all three firewalls and rebooted, still no signal. Maybe the frikkin thing doesn't like me. anyways, i would appreciate other suggestions and i apprecite it a lot.
Where did you get FW from (which site)?
Have you installed any updates or new programs since it was working?
What happens if you go (within FW) file > disconnect, leave it for a minute, then file > connect?
Maybe your ISP decided to block gnutella know. Who are they? Firefox is not an ISP. Its a web browser. An isp is someone who gives you internet. If you tell us we can see if they are good or bad.
This same prob is all over the other forum, it's like an epidemic. A lot have been scammed lately & I don't know if maybe there's a very bad scam version around, or some M$ update that's causing probs (like SP2 did)?? Someone said they had this connection thing start happening after installing IE7.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/frostwire/63279-help-please-frostwire-cant-connect.html
|LimeWire X FrostWire - Gnutella - Peer to peer||This thread||Refback||2 Weeks Ago 08:21 AM|
|Site Gnutella Forums | www.gnutellaforums.com | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||May 7th, 2014 03:35 PM|
|FrostWire Won\'t Connect-Wiki Finder||This thread||Refback||September 6th, 2013 12:35 PM|
|getting past school firewall frostwire||This thread||Refback||January 5th, 2012 12:51 PM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Frostwire goes no further than "starting connection&quo||This thread||Refback||July 30th, 2011 08:29 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Frostwire No Longer Works||This thread||Refback||June 24th, 2011 09:12 PM|
|LimeWire X FrostWire - Peer to peer||This thread||Refback||August 12th, 2010 06:11 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Seen anyone using frostwire?||limewire||FrostWire||8||February 6th, 2007 07:29 AM|
|new to Frostwire!||morveryn||FrostWire||2||May 26th, 2006 04:40 AM|
|FrostWire will connect but LimeWire won't||$pud||Connection Problems||10||January 5th, 2006 05:53 AM|
|frostwire will not connect with wildblue satelite but will with a verizon pcmcia card||meehan2155||FrostWire||0||December 31st, 2005 11:24 AM|
|.frostwire||Silence4me2||FrostWire||7||October 30th, 2005 01:23 PM|