|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|FrostWire General forum section for FrostWire users; Download "FrostWire Clean version 4" . FrostWire v.5 which only uses bittorrents and no longer uses Gnutella Network is not supported on these forums.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Bundle Free Clean FrostWire! (Windows only)
Installing any of these FrostWire programs will most likely need a fresh connection file. This can be found here: Connection problems? Check here first!
Here is 100% bundel free FrostWire 4.20.9-4.21.8! No Auto-update, No Ask, No OpenCandy crap and they
working... The installers is made for Windows OS!
No Java in the installers for prevent downloading of a corrupt Java! User must download a offline installer for Windows OS and install it first before you run FrostWire!
Download the safer 'Offline' Java Installer For Windows: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems
FrostWire 4.21.6 and 4.21.8 is patched, and is 100% bundel free... No Ask, No OpenCandy crap...
New Updated Links FrostWire 4.21.8 (with anti spam search filter) Mirror: Download FrostWire-4.21.8.Win.rar (4Shared)
New Updated Links FrostWire 4.21.8 Portable (with anti spam search filter) Mirror: Download FrostWire-4.21.8Win Portable.rar (4Shared)
New Updated Links FrostWire 4.21.6 Portable (with anti spam search filter) Mirror: Download FrostWire-4.21.6Win_Portable.rar
Mirror 1: From a GoogleDrive folder here. GoogleDrive instructions here using LW as an example. (Easiest option!)
Mirror 2: FrostWire versions, choose from a folder. But you need to be registered at 4Shared to download from this folder.
If the .NetworkShare folder inside FrostWire preferences folder should add a file for share it...You can easy disable the sharing of the file by click "Library" and go to the left side of FrostWire and click on "Individually Shared Files"...You should find the file there and click on the file for so choose "Stop Sharing file" and thats all to do!
If you can't find the FrostWire prefereces folder, use this trick here:
Click on "Start" and click on "Run", now copy and past this code here:
VIP Info: If you see in connections window of FrostWire this client here LimeWire 4.21.1 (rc), just remove it before you do any search because it is a spam bot! Likewise for any LimeWire 5.1.2
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Last edited by File_Girl71; January 17th, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Edited to add more installers links
wow I agree to no auto-update. Such a dangerous tool. We saw what happened with LimeWire & its auto-updating tool after LW 5.5.10.
And who needs or wants advertising or toolbars especially without their permission installed on their system. Some people or companies sell themselves out. Does anybody care about the client users hey ! ?
Getting marketing phone calls from early morning to evening & even on weekends. hmm why does it remind me of the 'unclean' FrostWire they offer at their site. Glad to see a clean version.
Using 4Shared.com instructions: 4Shared sample image
File_Girl71 and Lord of the Rings
Although I no longer user P2P as I used to back in the old days, I still like to dabble occasionally with Frostwire.
So, I think I will download this, when I get home tonight, and give it a try.
Tell me, do either of you guys know if this new installation of FW will overwrite my old version but keep my current settings?
It should keep your old settings yes. But will probably uninstall your previous FW program. BTW you will get an update notice about a newer version, click cancel on it. At least it does not auto-update without your permission.
Auto-update is such a scary tool. God knows what the newer version may have in it, also what bugs. This applies to any program. I often like to check user feedback reports about the updates on some programs before 'choosing' to update. Especially if it's professional software I work with for a living.
I don't think my installer would uninstall your old version of FrostWire by default, but it will use your setting where the preferences folder is on your system! If you install the new version on the same directory and same plase where you have the old one it will only overwrite it if the files in my installer is newer then the FW you have installed before...What you can do is take a backup of the old version before you install the new one, so you could easy restore the old one with out have to install it again so to speak!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
File_Girl71 and Lord of the Rings
Guys, thanks for your info, I will install the bundle free version of FW over my current version.
I'll let you know if it goes wrong.
PS. File_Girl71, I may still do a backup before performing the installation.
It's always had one like that but a lot of people get lost into going to frostwire.com and downloading the installer.
What we can do to address any of the concerns of auto downloading and helping seed the installer is to put an opt-out setting
[x] Auto download the latest installer for me
If they have that off, they'll just keep getting the old message where they can manually go and download the installer from the website.
Since FW closely followed LW's code, did it include the same auto-update features which could potentially be turned around at any point in time to do what FW wanted (under pressure from ...) After all, this is one of the concerns. Auto-update could easily be turned into an update into anything, might even end up installing lemons or elephants or RIAA remote controlled items or other spy items.
Below is LW's forced update, user had no choice other than to force quit the program. Changing from voluntary to forced update is obviously easily possible with the program update code / concept you have put in. Users will become accustom to it without realising the potential dangers, until one day suddenly, their program is hijacked & no longer works because FW was forced to give them a non working program. That kind of control I'm sure most users would prefer to keep to themselves rather than have it forced upon them. Choice of updating should be up to user, if they wish to stay with v. 4.x then they should have option to turn off update messages. Nobody likes nags on programs.
I must say, I am highly confused as to where to find the Update preferences in Frostwire 4.21. Where is it hidden may I ask?
(obviously not in same locations as LW 4 or 5. LW had a special preferences location for update preferences.)
BTW if what I suggested is incorrect, then my apologies but the gnutella community needs to be clear on this. Is FW setting themselves up without realising?
Last edited by Gnutella Forum Troll; November 27th, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/frostwire/97325-bundle-free-clean-frostwire-windows-only.html
|LIMEWIRE 4.21.8 - MyCars.GuRu||This thread||Refback||November 18th, 2014 04:38 PM|
|Thread Bundel Free Clean FrostWire! | Gnutella Forums | Page 3 | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||September 30th, 2012 11:42 AM|
|Thread Bundel Free Clean FrostWire! | Gnutella Forums | Page 4 | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||July 28th, 2012 09:38 AM|
|Frost Wire 4 21 8.rar - download files||This thread||Refback||July 26th, 2011 08:49 PM|
|Thread Bundel Free Clean FrostWire! | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||July 25th, 2011 11:49 AM|
|FrostWire on Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||November 17th, 2010 09:28 PM|