|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|FrostWire General forum section for FrostWire users; Download "FrostWire Clean version 4" . FrostWire v.5 which only uses bittorrents and no longer uses Gnutella Network is not supported on these forums.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
You can always turn off the promos in the settings if they bother you so much.
You should lay off the hate-orade, you get a lot more with honey.
Oh, quite the contrary Gubatron. If the BullSh!t wasn't there in the first place, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Stop the Crap, and everyone's happy. Amirite?
Last edited by Remoc; November 28th, 2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: corrected horrible spelling errors
If your homepage was reset, probably you didn't uncheck all the 3 checkboxes. Simple.
OpenCandy has been there also for about a year, read the EULA.
"This installer uses the OpenCandy network to recommend other software you may find valuable during the installation of this software."
Your site says: No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
hmm, 'and' what do we call the 'hidden' Netshare & auto-updates, how close is that to spyware and secret manipulation of the person's program & bandwidth.
Looking inside the FW program, how much does it link to hidden remote links. Resembles something I've seen before with another similar program that could be partly remotely controlled.
The FW barbed-wire 'nazi'-like icon say anything. Is that registered too? lol (edit: seems a previous post in another thread vanished.)
If the FW bootstrap server(s) went down, how good would FW be for connecting?
Sleepless' posts speak for themselves for adware so no need for me to add to it. Except the obvious false claims on the FW website. And lack of warnings to users they are actually by default installing a whole bundled package of stuff (adware), not just a simple p2p sharing program. Ask toolbar is adware & to claim FW 100% has no adware is being dishonest when it is being installed by default.
Welcome to Ask Toolbar, we are offering extras in a whole bundled package when you install such as Candy & FrostWire. lol
(I know Vuse/Azureus used to do this, but they are a torrent only program. I think in recent times they may have stopped sharing updates via torrents.)
Last edited by Gnutella Forum Troll; November 26th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
The difference there is that Vuze doesn't in any way claim to not be doing the things it does. Also there are a million guides on the net about how to make it classic i.e. the old Azureus.
In Vuze it is not only possible to turn of automatic updates, but even selective automatic updates. And not only that, but álso what, when, how.
Unlike FrostWire the owners of Azureus/Vuze actually listen to what the end user wants.
Of course this is because of Private BitTorrent, where one wrong move will blacklist any client. This is something FrostWire devs never seemed to grasp. If you don't follow protocol, **** off!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Last edited by File_Girl71; November 27th, 2010 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Edite some words!
It's just about impossible to avoid clicking inside the area where that poster is and as soon as one clicks in it, it starts to download.
It's a deceitful tactic and that's why you were called a scumbag.
If you're not trying to trick people into doing something then you wouldn't need to resort to such tactics.
In addition, a few more complaints.
You keep adding marketing and advertising garbage into FW instead of working on basic features and improving the basic functionality.
Why is there still no "Exit" menu item? One has to close, then right click in the tiny system tray and then finally click exit. Very annoying.
How about having a customizable toolbar like any proper app should have?
But no, instead you keep piling on the advertising ****.
Last edited by shapeshifter910; November 30th, 2010 at 09:38 AM.
The hidden .networkshare folder hides your frostclick torrents that you're transferring using the user's bandwidth without permission.
And no it's not obvious that on click it will start transferring the torrent.
I was even baffled by the poster. Where did it come from? I did not ask for it. I did not give FW the permission to go and retrieve a poster from a remote server.
You've distributed several million so called legal downloads because you've stolen the bandwidth from users without their knowledge.
By forcing Frostlick onto users in this deceitful way, you've insured that it's dead before it even became known to users.
Your FW forums are pretty dead, obviously you sensor post and the forums reflect that - useless.
And with the automatic updates, I will never download FW from your site again and will never recommend it to anybody again either.
At most I'll get a "fixed" version from here and will be looking for an alternative app.
Last edited by Sleepless; November 30th, 2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Personal attacks we on the other hand do censor. Please be a little more civil.
When you download a torrent, the system makes copies of it.
One inside the azureus folder in a form the system needs it, then there's another copy on FrostWire/Torrents for the user to find it easily, and then there's that copy of the same file .torrent on .networkshare, which is legacy code from LimeWire. I wonder why you don't complain of the visible copy of the same EXACT .torrent file on the other two. Clearly you are a pathetic reviewer.
There's no bandwidth stolen from anyone, nobody is lying here, the code is there for you to see. There's no automated torrent downloads of any kind. If you click on the promotional banner of the torrent you start the download, and if you start downloading a torrent you're obviously a part of the seeding network (if you give, you shall receive, but I guess you're too cheap to share, wonder what the hell you're doing in this forum), no bandwidth being stolen from anyone.
If you started downloading the torrent by mistake you can cancel the download right away, since you haven't downloaded the whole file there's no bandwidth to be taken from you since you don't have any pieces.
Here's a project that's trying to legitimize file sharing so your rights to share files online exist and here's this moron talking crap about it.
If you don't like it so much, by all means go ahead and uninstall it, and while you're at it make your own network and bust your *** for 5 years to make it grow. Competition is healthy.
Stop making pathetic accusations of something which you obviously have not a clue.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/frostwire/97471-frostwire-now-malware.html
|Thread Frostwire is now a malware | Gnutella Forums | Page 3 | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||February 17th, 2011 04:11 PM|
|Thread Frostwire is now a malware | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||December 29th, 2010 03:12 PM|
|FrostWire on Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||December 10th, 2010 08:53 PM|