|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Discussion For anything which doesn't fit somewhere else (for PHEX users)|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
MacPhex 0.8 preview working good
The preview-version of phex for MacOSX works good for me.
It finds files and gets connected, and it downloads well enough.
Only drawback is, that it still has bugs (what else did you expect? :-) ) and, that it needs hours to get the list of my shared files (my computer is slow so that might not be the programs fault).
I can use Gnutella again!
Thank you, Gregor!
Thanks to the whole MacPhex-Team to enable me to use this software!
Will it support magnet-links, when 0.8 is done?
please post or email all bugs you find, that helps me to fix them. A preview for PC and other system will be available soon too.
Phex 0.8 will support:
Partial File Sharing
Upload and Download Queuing
and many other new features and improvements...
first freezing bug
When I doubleclick a search-result, phex freezes.
When I click download or quick download, everything works.
"View the Bitzi Ticket" (whatever that means) only displays an error message (Failed to launch Browser: "FailedToLaunchBrowserURLInClipboard") and offers two buttons (no and yes), which both close the error-message.
Listing my shared-files takes about a minute a file (for ebooks) and the filelist 8with hsh1) isn't saved, so phex repeats to list slowly at every new startup.
Maybe you could create a low-tech versin of phex one day, which would only include the simplest functions, but made participating possible even for complete DAUs.
Phex vere estas bonan programon!
Can you send me your phex.log file to [email protected]
You should find it in the .phex subdirectory of your home directory.
The message text for the browser launch error is still missing if you press 'Yes' the URL is in your clipboard and you can past it into your browser manually.
I will think about offering a low-tech version. But currently its work enough to support all the current Gnutella features.
Thanks for the feedback,
Why does phex have a hostlist of about 1,250 hosts after less than an hour?
Can it ever check all those hosts?
Also I'd like to have a "clear-hostlist" button, when it grew too big again :-)
Is there a way, that phex can check the hosts' value, before adding them to the hostlist?
You can influence the number of host IP to collect with the property 'mNetMaxHostToCatch' in your phex.cfg file.
Don't wonder there is a little bug that causes less host to be loaded when restarting Phex. I will fix this soon.
The host list is used to let Phex find an entry point to the network. Since most of these IP's have a very short live time many of them are collected. The IP's are collected from the GWebCache and from currently connected Peers.
The IP's are sorted by priority. There are three priority levels: Ultrapeer, Normal Peers and Private IPs. Inside each priority level new IP's are put on top pushing old IP's down.
When connecting the top most IP is taken from the three concatenated priority lists.
Why would you like to be able to clear the list?
Phex only checks if the new IPs are valid before adding them to the list. A connection to check the host would be too expensive.
I want to be able to clear the list, because it can be faster, to take only those IPs from autoconnect hosts, instead of my own, when I wasn't online for a long time (or didn't run phex for a long time).
Maybe you could include that in prefs, that noone clicks at it accidently, or make a warning appear, which asks, if I really want to do that.
Actually I like to drop the support of the auto connect list. Almost all auto connect hosts dont work anymore and the gnutella bootstrap is now done using GWebCache.
To connect to any host you can use the 'Connect to' field that remembers the entered IP, you can connect to them any time again.
When you click on Query GWebCache new IPs are fetched from the GWebCache and are put on top of your host catcher list, this allows fast connection to new hosts.
But then, phex couldn't be used anymore to form private networks of maybe 100 persons, from which some have static ips and serve as autoconnect hosts.
Maybe you could let Users decide what to use, GWebCahce or autoconnect, or both.
But maybe you could take autoconnect hosts off the general interface and into prefs. That would ease up the connection-window.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|preview not working||rpcancun||General Windows Support||1||March 19th, 2007 03:37 PM|
|working good, and then fail||giritoz||Connection Problems||1||April 20th, 2006 11:16 AM|
|Macphex 8 won't open||macvoyager||General Discussion||6||December 16th, 2002 03:37 PM|
|MacPhex doesn't find anything||Unregistered||Mac OSX||0||August 26th, 2002 01:42 PM|
|macphex anavailable||Conrad N||General Discussion||1||June 14th, 2002 04:49 PM|