|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Linux Support For questions regarding use of LimeWire or related questions on the Linux operating system. This includes installation questions and answers. (Check the Stickies marked in Red at top of this section.)|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
How to download Magnet Links
Since version 3.8.10 LimeWire supports magnet links under linux. Here is how to download a magnet link:
1. Make sure Limewire is running and connected
1. In your browser, right-click on the link and select "Copy Link Location".
3. Switch to Limewire. It will ask you whether you want to download the magnet uri.
4. Press Yes and enjoy!
This works with mozilla/netscape/firefox and konqueror. If you use a different browser, the steps should be similar.
(Blue Texted URL) Mag Links
I realize this is an old post but I wanted to give back a lil .
There's a Reg file that'll assosiate Limewire or Frostwire with the (Blue Texted URL's) known as Mag-Links located at the bottom of each Bitzi webpage & for those who don't know what Bitzi & Mag-Links have to do with Limewire/Frostwire then please read on.
If You go to bitzi.com & search for the 2009 movie "**" You'll get a search result much like that at Google. It'll display a list of links & each link leads to a webpage. Only difference is these links take You to webpages that contain Ratings & a Mag-link for that particular movie.
Your supposed to be able to Single-Clk on the Blue Mag-Link located at the bottom of the page to auto-launch the download process of the movie "**".
However this is where the problem arise's because without setting the proper Xp-file-assosiation (Your P2P app will never auto-start the download process)
Anyway a Reg file to fix the file assosiations can be downloaded here> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service The Reg file is in a Rar pkg, & once decompressed You'll see 2 files, one named Frostwire & the other Limewire, choose the one named after Your P2P app & Dbl Clk on it, at which point You'll be promted by Xp to merge the data from the Reg file into Your Windows XP Registry,You choose Yes!
Make sure to scan the Rar file with Your AV & preview what'll be merged into Your Reg by opening each file with Notepad
Sorry Pointman, but we can't allow the names of copyrighted files to be posted... looks like condoning copyright infringement
Rite-Rite Good Lookin Out, Thanx!
Last edited by Pointman; June 6th, 2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Removing copyrighted file names
you know, I've heard of Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, SUSE, Mint, and many others...but NEVER a xp distro....
So Long and Thanks for All the Files
Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/general-linux-support/25570-how-download-magnet-links.html
|mohon pencerahan mengenai web http://dc.proisk.ru - Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community||This thread||Refback||January 15th, 2015 03:13 AM|
|download magnet link - Virgilio Ricerca Web||This thread||Refback||August 26th, 2011 02:44 PM|
|mohon pencerahan mengenai web http://dc.proisk.ru - Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community||This thread||Refback||June 26th, 2011 10:02 PM|
|Hoodies||This thread||Trackback:||February 1st, 2011 03:54 AM|
|magnet download resultaten op Vinden.be||This thread||Refback||January 25th, 2011 03:39 AM|
|???????? magnet link - ???????||This thread||Refback||January 15th, 2011 10:21 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|help with magnet links||exquisite.love||General Windows Support||2||April 7th, 2007 09:23 AM|
|What are magnet links?||garbagefan2||Open Discussion topics||0||June 17th, 2006 04:24 PM|
|magnet links||tizak||Open Discussion topics||5||January 17th, 2006 04:48 AM|
|magnet links||iamcheesefries||General Windows Support||0||July 14th, 2003 04:57 PM|
|magnet links||osu_uma||Download/Upload Problems||1||March 30th, 2003 01:23 PM|