|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Mac OSX Support For general issues regarding Mac OS X users|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
can't connect to limewire even after trying all your hints!!! Using Snow Leopard, USB & wireless Vodophone connection
im sure you've heard this a 1000 times before, but im stuck and not 100% up with all the things my mac can do and dont really understand all the tech jargon i've read so far on how to fix things! I just want to get some tunes - thats all! :-(
ive just done about 4 things you've listed on the help topics with the firewall (sorry dont know what i have but i followed the instructions for turning it on if you are TRYING to run LW 4.18) but didnt work, then i disabled all the things in preferences speed and performance menu. before doing all this i deleted the old version i had of LW and have just downloaded 4 more versions as i think i SHOULD be able to get the newest version 5.2.13 - because of my OS system but when i look at the 'about LW' it still only says 4.18 and looks the same as the old one I had before - argh!!!!
im running osx 10.6 leopard? on wireless broadband with vodafone trying to connect from home in a city so should be a good connection(?), 1 GB ram, LW 4.18.8 - java 1.6.0, i've just clicked on the link to show what version im using and it comes up saying 'your test worked!' so dont know whether i have LW 4 or 5 - as im pretty sure i've downloaded both now, and installed them but i ahve all these icons and nothing works still - confusing!
the problem i keep getting is this' limewire is currently connecting to the network. your search may not return many results until you are fully connected to the network' i've clicked connect and it still says this even though im on the internet. there is a brick wall in front of the blue world icon but when i go into tools the only option is greyed out i cant click it? im in australia and pretty new to this lingo as you can tell but i hope that is enough info (and right!) that someone out there can help me with this
thanks all and hope someone can help the newbie out!
You can only use LW 5 on an intel machine made in past couple of years. LW site will auto detect your system I believe. One way to check if your system is compatible is go to Java preferences, if you do not have Java 1.6 (Java 6) listed then your computer is not able to use LW 5. Setting up Java for Leopard (see 2nd image)
Make sure LW is set as an exception in OSX's firewall.
What kind of wireless system do you have? Brand & model. This might be causing a firewall effect, most wireless systems tend to.
Change your gnutella.net file over to a new one.
cant connect to limewire even after trying all your hints!!!
thanks for your reply - i've gone and checked my java settings as you said and it says i have java SE 6 - 64 and 32 bit is this right?
hmm now this is taking a guess but........... my internet connection is a ******* wireless usb stick with vodafone is that what you mean? i dont have a router or modem like i did when i had broadband.
two last things;
how do i change the firewall settings as an exception and change my gnutella.net files?
sorry i know this is probably really simple for you but it may as well be in japanese to me!
1. OSX Firewall settings for Tiger/Leopard
2. If LW 4 Will Not Connect (click on the blue link)
3. Can you retype what you said about wirless usb stick with vodofone via putting spaces between the letters, ... looks like the forum filter has censored the word out. Connecting via USB stick sounds slightly dubious & much slower than via network cable Cat 5 /5e/6 RJ-45 cable. Are you connecting via a mobile phone? Knowing the specifics of what equipment you are using & how it connects might help point us to solving some issues.
I'm using Leopard which has 64 bit Java 6. I was unaware Apple had released a 32 bit Java 6 for Snow Leopard.
1.i have followed those two links and tried to download gnutella.net to replace my file from two sources (zshare and rapid share websites)but both come up with a file that is unreadable - it asks for me to specify what file i want to open it with as its a 'binary' file??) so now i have deleted my current gnutella in LW preferences and have none - do i need to put one back in?
2. i think i did it correctly about the firewall - as an exception and in stealth mode but should i leave it on or off - as the brick wall icon is still up in LW screen?
as for my internet connection i dont connect via a mobile phone its purely a
p r e p a i d deal with vodafone via usb stick. it is slower than a modem/broadband account but i've not had any problems with anything up until now with LW. does this matter? dont quote me on the java thing - i followed the steps to find out what java setting i had and there were two boxes one said java applet plug in and java application. both boxes have the JAVA SE 6 - 64 BIT and then JAVA SE 6 - 34 BIT on the next line.
I dont know if this has anything to do with it but my macbook is actually a 10.4.11 but i recently bought the new snow leopard disk to upgrade my computer does this matter?