|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Mac Support For general questions about issues for Mac users, generally referring to Mac OS 9 and earlier but may also include Mac OSX users|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was new when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Assuming you are running OS 9.0 + but not X, you will should be able to play all mp3s by doing two things:
1st: Ensure that you have Quicktime, (5.0) preferrably. If you do not you
can obtain the free version from --
2nd: After making sure that you have quicktime, you must then make sure
you have the correct file mapping settings for the Mp3 file format.
A: Go to the Apple menu at the top. Go down to "Control Panels". Go
down to "File Exchange". Select the "PC Exchange" tab. Go down
and look for "Mp3" under the PC Extension heading. ( Should be in
order, if not click on the PC Extension heaing to sort).
B: Once found, ensure that "Quicktime Player" is selected for all
entries of Mp3. All should now work upon clicking on your Mp3.
C: If you don't find Mp3 under PC Extensions -- Click the "Add" button
-- selecting "Quicktime Player" as the Application -- "Mp3"as the
I had the same problem. If you have iTunes, (get it from the official Apple site) open it and find the music you want to play. itunes will ask you if you want to make it your default player for all mp3 downloads. Click Yes. You can also go to the music you've already downloaded and use itunes to convert them to mp3's. That should correct the problem if it was caused by the the same issue as mine.
Since you are using Mac OS 9.x I assume that you are using iTunes for your music.Do the following to solve your problem:
In iTunes preferences:Edit>Preferences>General tab
Here click the Change button next to the text Use iTunes for music files from the Internet(or something similar).
Now push the OK button and you are done
Now iTunes will start playing all your files that have been transferred to you from the Internet.But there is still one exception and that are mp3 files that are in raw data format such as files from Audiogalaxy them you have to manually put in iTunes library.File>Add to library then browse to the file in question.
Also you should trash LW preferences Macintosh HD>System Folder>Program preferences>.LimeWire folder inside that one there is file called limewire.props move that one to the trash.And then re start your computer.Now you have to re do all the settings that you had in LW.
Now everything should work normally.
Hope That I Have Helped You!
Can't Launch Dowloaded Songs
i am running 8.6 and was NOT having any trouble. then a few days ago my ability to launch just disappeared. the files are downloading but when i go to get them they are not mp3's...they are empty white folders. anyone know what this is about? thanks.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|help!!! doesn't want to launch the songs!!!||stef73||Mac||1||August 8th, 2006 10:06 AM|
|Why aren't songs moving from the dowloaded status to library?||mefras||Tips & Tricks||0||October 16th, 2005 01:37 PM|
|I can't launch songs||[email protected]||Open Discussion topics||0||November 29th, 2003 06:27 PM|
|can't get songs to launch||Schmataman||Download/Upload Problems||1||July 27th, 2003 06:59 PM|
|Can not get downloaded songs to launch||Unregistered||General Mac Support||0||November 8th, 2001 11:36 AM|