|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Mac Support For general questions about issues for Mac users, generally referring to Mac OS 9 and earlier but may also include Mac OSX users|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Mp3 Rage Question for "The Lord"
Saw your post regarding mp3 Rage and id tags. I'm wondering what part of mp3 Rage you use to tag your tunes? I used the CDDB part (I checked both boxes for id3 version 3.1 + 3.2 and individually confirmed the songs instead of letting it tag automatically) and when those tagged songs were first added to my LW library all the info. showed up as I passed my Cursor over the files. On subsequent LW start ups, the "balloons" don't appear when I pass my cursor over them. Wondering why this has occured and if a better tagging system within mp3 Rage is preferable.
Using LW Pro 4.0.7
B&W G3/350 OS 9.22 MRJ Library 2.26
I must confess I've never used CDDB for finding the info for particular mp3's or even explored it. Te question is what type of tags that CDDB uses. MP3 Rage as you're probably aware can use 'both' types of ID tags. I generally use both so it doesn't matter what player someone uses the id tags will still display.
There's multiple ways you can tag tunes using Rage. My technique is very basic in that I tag them one by one using QuickEdit. But you can also use Multiple tag (Quickedit) & another one or 2 to tag a group of files at once. As you can see on the Dashboard there's many options to tagging. And it can be quite complex if you want it to be so. You can use a code to name them sequentially but with some of the other data the same, be that album, artist, year, etc. Dare I say it, it is highly a recommendable thing to have a look at the help section of rage which gives a good ecplanation of what you can do. But as for Gracenote/CDDB, well I heard some warnings about it. Just rumours!!! In that people who visit that site have their ip address recorded/logged. And since I most often seek the live unofficially recorded but never to be commercially released recordings, CDDB wouldn't be of any help to me anyway. MP3 Rage is the best id tag app I've come across. You can probably find the info yo need by google 'ing it anyway. Have you tried Vorbis Rage, the accompanying app.?
Happy to answre more questions about this if you need. Tomorrow would be better for me though.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 12th, 2004 at 10:07 AM.
CDDB is THE source to use...
Fusion for REAL!--CDex 1.51--Wackyuses--Bitzi - Check Files Before Download !--.mp3 File Name Change Problems? Try Rename-It!--Alternate PORTS--Avast- Anti-Virus--WindowWasher--IrfanView--PC Pitstop - Test your PC !--Mac OSX Troubleshooting--GO .ape ! - For 'Lossless' Audio Compression--Port :6346 - Test If It Is 'Blocked'--Cole2k Codecs--OldVersion - Newer isn't always better !
Nod32 - Free Virus Scan: Use ESET's Online Antivirus Scanner
Sunni in places, Shi'ite in others...
I just read your post a little more closely & it sounds as though you've used both version 1 & 2 tags right, yeah. I'm a little baffled by your problem. I've never had that issue, at least I don't think so. I have just checked the files I encoded myself. Those that were tagged within iTunes do not seem to display as much info as mp3 Rage. And I don't seem to be having any problems with the mp3 rage tagged tunes.
I actually encode the tunes using either iTunes or Audion & then tag them with Rage. Audion also has the mp3 Pro & Ogg Vorbiss formats, latter of which iTunes can't read.
Perhaps you should seek the info yourself but manually add it. If you have a lot of files to do, there's certainly a no. of types of data that can be put added to a group. So it's quick.
I don't know what limits LW has in regard to id tag info. !! And whether it is up with the most recent versions of both format 3.1 & 2
Oh I didn't see you there Ursula. I was busy checking things. lol It must have taken me a while to be sure.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 12th, 2004 at 10:37 AM.
you can almost use your elbows to do it all
method I know of for tagging... Including Album Covers, is Musicmatch Jukebox SuperTagging.
And, Nero is also good for the basic stuff...
IF you configure the CDDB access stuff correctly !
Which is not especially surprising since you decide to run in
Don't make a sudden change. Trial it first! Try a few tunes & see if it makes any difference. I don't know perhaps LW was just being a bit stubborn when you tried to obtain tag info from your tunes. LW's media player & reading of tags can use up xtra ram & processing power so perhaps your machine was also preoccupied with other activities at the time(s) you had difficulty reading the tags. Purely a guess based on that ram fact.
Oh I just saw your message Ursula. I decided to run in. Yeah I was going to have a night off & just quickly checked things. And hey it was addressed to who? lol
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New to Limewire help please""""""""""""""""""""(can't download videos)||liljohn28||Download/Upload Problems||1||January 27th, 2007 05:12 PM|
|help Lord of the Rings "The application Limewire has unexpectantly quit"||craig evans||Mac OSX||7||March 9th, 2005 02:04 PM|
|"Shared" file won't show uo in Limewire "Library"||mycs6x||General Mac Support||0||January 14th, 2004 01:34 AM|
|addition to "super tagging"||Unregistered||New Feature Requests||0||September 1st, 2002 09:20 AM|