|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Mac Support For general questions about issues for Mac users, generally referring to Mac OS 9 and earlier but may also include Mac OSX users|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
New Mac Classic - 4.0.9
We've released a new version of LimeWire for Mac Classic users. The new version is 4.0.9, and it upgrades some of the code to be more inline with ther current 4.4 version for other operating systems.
4.0.9 removes the upgrade prompt as well, so that you won't be annoyed with reminders to upgrade to a version that doesn't exist.
Thanks sberlin, for taking the time to clean up the old Classic version.
For nostalgia's sake, I ran both the regular and the Pro for a while
here are just a few quick notes:
Despite Downloads.com reporting it as 4.0.8, it really is 4.0.9. The Pro version is 4.0.9 too.
--FWIW, Classic locks up when trying to change the port (I had to edit the limewire.props file to add the line "PORT=xxxxx", which worked).
--Command -Q resulted in a type 3 error, but the File menu "Close" item worked properly.
--Ethernet uploads triggered a few bug reports. Perhaps options should probably be set now to "Always Discard Bugs" as the default
--If Classic is disallowed from operating as an Ultrapeer, trimming that code might save some download size too.
--uploads and swarming sucked. Popular files barely swarmed at all in comparison to OS X
Even though the Classic Finder truncated long names with stuff like #IDxxx for completed downloads, the proper names showed in the Library and uploaded to an OS X machine with the full filenames.
--searches and downloads were as quick (the quicker gui made them seem even better than OS X)
cheers. Thanks--that was fun working in OS 9 again, but the quicker gui makes java on OS X seem really sluggish now.
downloads.com still hasn't updated the article, but the file should be 4.0.9 (or whatevr happens to be the latest) when installed.
btw--did you ever find that extension conflict? I had the same when I rebooted into 9, and realized I hadn't turned off all the 4 FaxStF extensions.
I used "Sort by Package" in the Extensions Manager to make sure I got all the pieces.
The extensions pertain to fax softw found in your Apple Extras folder. These extensions are not necessary if you don't use that fax softw & have a history of conflicting with Limewire. I totally removed the extensions from my computer. Stief disabled them so they're in the Extensions (Disabled) folder.
tried 4.0.9 but still won't connect
I downloaded 4.0.9, I'm running 9.2.2, worked 2 nights ago, now it won't connect and freezed my MAC when I try to shut the program down. Running a cable modem and also worked pretty flawlessly before I updgraded to 9.2.2. But it did work one night! What gives?
You forgot to mention several details such as how your previous version also crashed the same way: not connecting SO what's the go? Not enough ram probably eh? You never did tell us many details: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/announ...?s=&forumid=29
I'd be looking at your own computer set up if all versions of LW are crashing on it. You probably also ignored everything that was said earlier in this thread right? So which obsolete version of Java are you using?
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; February 25th, 2005 at 12:03 AM.
I have 512 worth of RAM and I did not ignore the previous posts. I looked for the Fax software to turn it off and didn't see it. I'm definitely not an expert in this so if I sound like a laymen, I am. Just not sure how it worked one night and then the next it doesn't. Oh well, I tried.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Classic 4.0.10 Released||sberlin||General Mac Support||10||March 2nd, 2009 03:33 AM|
|classic cannot find a...||averysandack||General Mac Support||1||February 15th, 2005 02:19 AM|
|OS X or Classic||1235||General Mac OSX Support||1||March 20th, 2004 09:08 AM|
|Downgrading to Classic?||Lakegrove||Mac OSX||1||January 9th, 2004 02:14 AM|
|Classic Mac Phex||Unregistered||General Discussion||1||July 12th, 2001 04:48 PM|