|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Vista, Windows 7 or later Support Concerns all issues with using LimeWire in the Vista and Windows 7 or 8 operating system|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
LimeWire will work within Vista!
My Limewire works well with vista becuase I run it as an administrator. I also drop any firewalls out side of vista's. If you are the only user on your system,
You will have to right click on Limewire's Icon and select run as administrator.
This opens up file sharing features with in vista. Just like in XP.
Go to Microsoft and search for UAC concearning Vista's Security features.
Hope this helps.. Dr. X
maybe my issue but maybe not
have tried all sorts of things and did as suggested running as administrator but didn't work i have norton internet security 2007 and vista whenever i open a game and exit to go back into lime wire the icon in the tray is there and then disapears when you move the cursor over and all sownloads were suspended while you were playing the game if you can help or need more info please see this thread for background Limewire Shuts Down possible Java update problem
Had the same problem shutting down.
Okay by no means am I a computer guy ,but after reading forums for three days and a sore butt I seemed to have fixed at least it shutting down. I noticed the same solutions coming up all the time switch to windows basic, delete pre. folder re install , roll back java driver .To tell the truth i didn't understand the java reinstall at all . So I came acrossed this one thread that said even if you shut down windows firewall it was still on.
Here's the my setup,
Windows vista that had Mcaffe uninstalled at best buy and trend micro virus and web root spyware put in, but I think they ripped me for the webroot because trend micro does spyware too but let's not talk about that now.
I passed all the test that people have here and all that stuff .
I'm not telling you I did this because I was smart , I just took a little bit of everybodys advice and did it.
1. Put limewire in advanced search deleted every thing because like most my uninstall did not work.
2. Turned off windows firewall wich in fact will stay on behind the scenes as I found out on the forums.
3. Went to limewire site reinstalled normal no offline or anything.
4. Put firewall in search ,went to advanced pref. settings
5. Went to inbound rules on left column ,down to limewire, now I don't know why but there was 4 on the list and noticed that two had UDP settings and two had TCP settings now on the forums I read about setting up UPNP or UNPN whatever settings about using man. port forwading and stuff. So I changed the TCP to UDP allowed limewire through the allowed list and stuff. Now I don't know if did the wrong thing or not but it can't be worse than port forwarding , right ?
6. Changed to windows vista basic, changed all the little stupid things that vista does with graphics but still looks like vista ,shadows ,scrolling and things. I think I found that stuff through visual settings or something.
7. Changed screensaver to something simple my wife put picture slide on I changed it to bubbles.
8. I moved all my music and videos to another folder because I don't know if it would erase that stuff or not because I don't know about those things. So I moved the stuff back to the shared folder and started it up.
So far everything has been okay one time I went down to starting connection but I think that had to do with my LAN I'm on a wireless set up through the eeither net off a tower 4 miles away. I know I didn't spell eeither right , but I don't know about computers ,typing or the english language either.
I hope this helps somebody. I feel bad for people that have mcaffe because some where on the forums somebody found a patch from their website you can download and fix the problem they had but I would get lost on that one too.
If this does help maybe stick it on other post because, I don't know how to do that either.
limewire works with vista
The only thing is I did not have to do anything special to get it to work, just get the latest java and your away.
Some flaws well only 2 that concerned me was: 1/ I could not view a partially downloaded video file, (which means u could end up with crap).
2/ search results were no where as good as with XP, in fact i found it dismal in returning accurate numbers and titles.
Oh yeah and it was a little slow starting up.
I have gone back to XP because of these reasons and have enjoyed my limewire experience to the fullest again. If anyone knows of any solutions to the first problem I would love to know as it frustrated me.
thanks to all this is my first time on a blog.
but will it work for WINDOWS VISTA BASIC?
i've tried a lot of stuff, and LW will start fine,
then the connection thing stays in "starting connection"
i dont know what to do! i've been having this problem
since i bought it, and i'm really desperate!
I Have Tried Everything
I HAD LIMEWIRE BEFORE IN XP. I GOT A NEW COMPUTER AND IT HAS WINDOWS VISTA HOME. I CAN DOWNLOAD LIMEWIRE BUT IT WONT BRING UP ANY MUSIC OR VIDEOS. I AM USING AVG VIRUS PROTECTION AND I HAVE TURNED MY FIREWALL COMPLETELY OFF. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP I HAVE TRIED A LOT OF DIFFERENT THING.
try this vsliter
go into my computer C drive>>documents and settings>>owner(or your name)>>.limewire
in here I found a gnutella.net file that I deleted and LW is now working...I hope this works I too was trying for days to get LW working.
Your gnutella.net file will be within a different folder. Try looking in C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\LimeWire.
That folder's hidden by default, so you'll need to make sure that you're showing hidden files & folders before you go looking for it. More info below.
LimeWire Pref Folder in Vista
You'll also need to make sure that LW's properly closed before replacing the gnutella.net file. Have a look at the thread below. Most of the info's for XP but even though Vista has the folders in a different location, it'll give you an idea of what you should be doing.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/general-vista-windows-7-later-support/67576-limewire-will-work-within-vista.html
|Vista Limewire Exception - LoveToKnow Music||This thread||Refback||November 6th, 2010 05:43 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Can't get Limewire to work in Vista||rdwells3||General Vista, Windows 7 or later Support||7||December 24th, 2007 11:37 AM|
|How I got Limewire to run with Vista.||Ironbob||General Vista, Windows 7 or later Support||1||December 5th, 2007 10:50 AM|
|help - vista & limewire??||Luvstory||General Vista, Windows 7 or later Support||1||March 17th, 2007 12:00 AM|
|Limewire Pro and Vista||Smith123||General Vista, Windows 7 or later Support||1||February 22nd, 2007 07:07 PM|
|Limewire For Vista||diegosmommy1||General Vista, Windows 7 or later Support||1||February 2nd, 2007 12:43 PM|