|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Windows Support For questions about Windows issues regarding LimeWire or related questions|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
LimeWire theme problems
I've never noticed this problem before, and a quick search didn't turn up any relevant threads from before.
If I use a 3rd party msstyles theme, and then tell Limewire to emulate the Windows look, Limewire becomes very slow and sluggish. Covering up any part of the Limewire window and then moving the covering window away results in blank areas that do not get redrawn for 10-15 seconds. I'm not sure if this is the case with all themes (I'm guessing the default WinXP luna theme has no problems), but it would be nice if this issue could be looked at. I've been using the Classic theme for now until this issue is resolved. Does anyone else have any experience with this? (other than change your theme)
Would you provide the following information:
Computer type and CPU
Operating system and sp (MAC,Win 98)
Modem type and model no.
Router type and model no.
Who is your Internet Service Provider
Display adapter type and model no.
Seeing how this is in the Windows section, I would tend to think it's implied that I'm running Windows (and especially since I mention msstyles and Luna, which are more or less specific to XP...)
LimeWire Version - 4.8.1
Java Version - 1.5
Display adapter - ATI 7500 mobility
I don't really see how any of the other things you ask for could be relevant. It is a display issue, not a problem with my network or RAM. All the themes work fine, except for the one that attempts to emulate the current Windows theme.
Hmmmm debating if I should answer this or not even though I know a temporary fix for your problem now.
You do have to have to remember this is a forum, and not a tech support site. We are volunteers that try and help the best we can.
Try changing your ATI display adapter control panel/catalyst to the default 3D setting.
zeta give us the info we need to analyse your problem ... if u don't want to supply it then fine ... this thread can sit here unanswered. http://www.gnutellaforums.com/announ...?s=&forumid=29
OS: Win XP SP2 clean install
Internet connection: DSL
That's what the post Lord of the Rings linked to asks for. Other relevant information? As I've already previously posted, I feel it's an issue with the way the Limewire Windows theme works. However, since some of you feel otherwise:
RAM: 512MB PC2100 DDR
HDD: Toshiba 30GB 4200RPM
Display adapter: ATI Mobility 7500 32MB
Firewalls: XP SP2 firewall
Routers: Netgear MR314
JRE: 1.5.0 update 2
If you can tell me how that is relevant to my problem, I'd appreciate it. I'm not new to tech support (either side), and if you work with software enough, you learn enough to get a pretty good feel for what part of a program is causing problems. I don't mean this as an insult on any of your abilities; I *was* trying to help you out by narrowing down the list of possible things to look at---while it's certainly possible I could have prematurely eliminated a possible root of the problem, I was pretty careful.
Fabion: doesn't work. Besides, it was already at the default settings.
What would be nice is if someone else could please check out the theme I linked to. Apply it as your Windows XP theme and see if it causes Limewire to lag when you tell Limewire to emulate the Windows theme.
i have that problem too. it slows down drastically, for some reason when i changed it to the 'windows theme'.
here's my specs:
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
JSE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 (aka 1.5.0 update 6)
RAM: 2 x 1GB Kingston PC4200 DDR2
Harddrive: 200GB Seagate 7200rpm 8MB SATA II HDD
Video Card: 128MB Leadtek QuadroFX 540
Firewall: SP2 firewall
Router/Modem: D-Link DSL-502T
can anyone help?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Limewire Theme Creator.||Zimdale||LimeWire Tips and Tricks||10||March 1st, 2008 01:39 PM|
|My New Limewire Theme/Skin||tylertyler||LimeWire 4 Skins help (note: LimeWire 5 cannot change skin !)||5||September 18th, 2007 08:35 PM|
|theme problems||SuperJess||LimeWire 4 Skins help (note: LimeWire 5 cannot change skin !)||8||July 29th, 2006 02:47 AM|
|Theme problems||enidnolb||LimeWire 4 Skins help (note: LimeWire 5 cannot change skin !)||3||July 21st, 2006 12:23 AM|
|Theme problems||The Captain 22||General Windows Support||1||February 13th, 2006 01:00 PM|