|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Getting Started Using LimeWire + WireShare Tips on getting started with LimeWire. Also a place to seek help getting started. Includes the original LimeWire Pirate Edition thread, with the most up to date LPE installer packages on the internet including File_Girl's LPE version, and WireShare the most upgraded version of them all.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
LimeWire Pro 4 Will No Longer Connect
At home I’m using Pro version 4.12.3, on XP ( 1 Gig RAM) with an ADSL service. I have 211 Gig free on my C Drive and 6 Gig free on my E drive which is the drive where I save my downloaded files. The problem is that all of a sudden I can’t get connected to Limewire. It always says “Starting Connection” but it never gets beyond this point. When I try to do a search it says “Limewire is currently connecting to the network”. The problem however is that it never does connect! When I click on the Connections tab, there are none there.
When I click on the “Direct Connect” tab it says “Your computer is behind a firewall or router and cannot receive direct connections”. Is this the problem and how do I fix it? I also have a laptop connected to my wireless router and that can connect fully to LimeWire without any problem.
Apparently I do have a firewall - but what program or file this might be I have no idea. In Limewire there is a picture of a globe icon with a brick wall in front of it. If this is the problem what do I do now to fix things up? In C:\Program Files\LimeWire there is a file called “WindowsFirewall.dll”. Is this relevant and should I delete it?
I have reloaded Java software. This made no difference whatsoever.
How do I know if a spyware removal program has miscategorized LimeWire as spyware and that this is what is causing the problem? I am using avast! Virus protection with normal sensitivity, however I can’t find anything to indicate that avast is blocking Limewire.
I also have AVG Anti Virus Free Version 8.5 which I have tried to remove in case it was the problem - however without success so far. I’m also running Spybot.
Any ideas that might work? Thanks.
Check through this thread for suggestions of things to try: If LW 4 Will Not Connect (click on the blue link).
Normally if a spyware program miscategorizes LW, it will usually prevent it from opening altogether. Many if not most spyware programs have options for exceptions anyway.
I see you're using same ISP as me. It's my guess your gnutella.net file might need replacing. BTW despite how much you might luv LW 4.12, I think you might do better with LW 4.16. Both LW 4.18 & LW 5 prevent versions earlier than 4.14 downloading from them. If LimeWire fails to install
Changelog - LimeWire
I did not suggest upgrading LW.
Improvements of LW 5 over 4? LW 5 has been re-built from ground upward to prevent over-coding, crowded window views, and to generally improve each function.
LW 5 opens & loads much faster than LW 4. Connects much more easily and much faster. LW 5 has various search result filters that LW 4 did not have such as size filter. Search has some improvements to fix a bug which existed in LW 4. Separate view for what is shared. Download window is viewable at all times unless you choose to view Uploads & easy switch between each of these. Option for sharing with friends (this has replaced Direct Connect.) Player is upgraded in abilities & improved, can now even view videos. Player playlists can be saved & link retained on main window viewable at all times. Library/Shared easily set to view only particular media type. Easier to add shared files & folders & decide which media types from these should be added. Better & upgraded iTunes support. Better torrent support & options.
There's more I'm sure but this is a quick list of improvements.
Matter of opinion of course. I have both LW 4.16 & 5.5.8. Now LW 5 has implemented many of the tools missing from earlier LW 5 versions that were in LW 4. My comments above in my previous post were a combination of my own experience & knowledge of improvements made. I like both. I have thousands of files shared in LW 4 with lots of information added to them.
The original LW 5.0 release was a bare bones program with not much in the way of tools. Only from about LW 5.3 through to LW 5.5 did these tools & improvements get re-added from LW 4 and some additions that LW 4 does not have.
LW 5 looks quite different. The default search results window looks different, however you do have choice between search results view options. The Classic view is equivalent of the LW 4 search results window. Uploads window is now on main window (using tabs but is different to LW 4.) Library & shared files are also on the main view window (excluding the default blank window when you first open the program.)
LW 5 does not have Chat option for normal use, only for Friends options. ip addresses are no longer shown, these are replaced with pseudo names. Descriptions of files are different system & LW 4's descriptions are not applicable to LW 5 if you swap across. Also to access the description/details of a file it is shown in a separate popup window.
With LW 4 Explore button function shows a folder a directory level above the file, whereas LW 5's system takes you directly to the file & highlights it on your desktop.
Cancelling downloads in LW 5 also deletes the incomplete file, unlike LW 4.