|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Gnucleus (Windows) For assistance for users with the Gnucleus program. Important links: Updated Gnucleus 184.108.40.206 Installer! and also Updated Connection Caches for Gnucleus!|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Gnucleus 1.8.3 is out
Entirely new and rewritten supernode (ultrapeer) system
Ultrapeer specs standardized and compatible with LimeWire and BearShare
Shared files searched through on a lookup table, incredibly fast
Download status indicated in search window
PHP, ASP, and ColdFusion versions of GWebCache now available
GIrcCache system recognizes ultrapeers now
Fixed selected files in search window from changing
Fixed right-click extended info bug
Fixed bug in pong-caching
Last edited by klumy; June 5th, 2002 at 06:49 AM.
Sorry, the new release doesn't work on my system
GNUCLEUS caused an invalid page fault in
module GNUCLEUS.EXE at 0167:00430846.
EAX=00007000 CS=0167 EIP=00430846 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00c2f8bc EBP=01595340
ECX=01372b34 DS=016f ESI=0153311d FS=50c7
EDX=93ed85dd ES=016f EDI=01533064 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 8a d0 00 00 00 85 c9 7e 16 2b c8 50 89 8a d0
01476674 01533064 01595340 00000000 03790003 9fd0c958 00c2f8b8 00000000 9fe100b4 016f17bf 01474240 c9580000 c9020000 032c0000 5fbf00c2 00020147
Win 98SE, AMD XP 1900+, 512meg, ADSL 1500/384, ASUS A7V266-E Bios 1.008 400, nVidia RIVA TNT 32 meg - 28.32
If you need any further info, please post it here.
Gnucleus 1.8.3 is out
Update via Auto evolve
Reduced cpu usage by ultrapeers
Integrated XP manifest file (themes) into gnucleus
Changed how files are accessed by hash thread
Chat set to use new #gnucleus on irc.openprojects.net by default
Added Host: header to downloads for HTTP 1.1 compliance
Fixed completed downloads from being viewed as connecting
Fixed bug in HandlePacket
Gnucleus 1.8.4 is out
Added advanced host blocking that stops gnutella spamming
Added option to disable ident server
Leaf and Ultrapeer connect settings seperated
Search results with hash grouped seperately
Exe compacted with latest version of upx
Multiple space characters in search results condensed down to one space
Updates to GWebCache sends version information
Deleting partial sends it to recycle bin
Multiple fixes to swarming
Fixed flicker in search results window (would like to make more specific though)
Fixed 'out of memory' error caused by bug in alt loc system
Fixed merging finished downloads when chunk files were closed
Fixed bug causing gnucleus to not get alt loc info from downloading host
Fixed Alt Loc in Shared ExInfo from going to wrong list box
Fixed file not being deleted at end of hash thread
Fixed bug in clearing uploads
Fixed word filter from not working
while your at it try shareaza 220.127.116.11
go to www.shareaza.com and download the 18.104.22.168. It works wonderfully. I downloaded a 100 meg file (swarm donload from about 10 system very quickly in fact it I was fully utilizing my768 dsl speeds.) You may have to do some shareaza configuration changes to support this, however you can support it for an important file and reconfigure it to change it back to normal.
Switch to Shareaza it rocks!
Last edited by bobwonderful; December 2nd, 2002 at 09:23 AM.
Shouldn't this thread be unstickied, seeing as how 1.8.3 is an old version now?
edit: Oops, I see 1.8.4 is mentioned. Maybe the title of the thread should be changed. And what's going on with Gnucleus these days? I'd check the official forum, but I can't access it from work (blocked by WebSense).
Changes since 1.8.4:
Added volume to media control
Fixed alt location bug
Updated IRC server, irc.freenode.net
Last edited by mitsugi; February 18th, 2003 at 01:18 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Gnucleus 1.7.7 is out||klumy||Gnucleus (Windows)||4||May 15th, 2002 03:51 PM|
|Gnucleus 1.7.5 is out||klumy||Gnucleus (Windows)||4||May 6th, 2002 01:30 PM|
|Gnucleus 1.7.3 is out !!||klumy||Gnucleus (Windows)||4||April 18th, 2002 07:42 PM|
|www.gnucleus.net||swabby||Gnucleus (Windows)||1||October 11th, 2001 04:47 PM|
|Gnucleus 22.214.171.124||Unregistered||Gnucleus (Windows)||1||September 29th, 2001 05:55 PM|