|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Gnucleus (Windows) For assistance for users with the Gnucleus program. Important links: Updated Gnucleus 126.96.36.199 Installer! and also Updated Connection Caches for Gnucleus!|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I'm having the same problem (ie: it starts to connect but never actually does)
I downloaded Gnucleus via the links on the Gnutella site (the links lead to file-front I think)
Anyway, I uninstalled it and tried to download it from the link posted by icarus2de above...
However, this time I just got an error message when I tried to install it ("GnucDNA could not load" )
...Where's the best site/place to download a stable version from?
The problem you are having is too many people out there that are firewalled (including yourself adding to the problem).
You have to learn a little bit before you go jumping into file sharing.
You have to learn how to port forward through your firewall. It's not rocket science.
If everyone is firewalled (and most people are now because of cable modem routers) then no one will be able to connect to anyone else.
There are less and less people with high speed connections and open ports, you all need to spread the word before this gets worse.
That's why you can't connect, as soon as you open a port everyone will come to you instead and you will be able to get all the files because "push" will work for you now.
I have the same problem, I would like to know how you got over it. I don't think that the chap knew what he was talking about, as I set my firewall to allow connections from Gnucleus on all ports. In theory it should do just that, I should not have to forward any ports. Gnucleus uses random ports for connecting, so I don't know which ports to forward!
Sometimes it helps to watch what clients you are connected to.
Set your connections to more than 10, wait till you are connected to valid nodes like limewire or bearshare and then do your search.
After you get your results, set the number of connections back to normal.
The original poster also mentioned he was using the LAN only client, doesn't that mean you have to tell it who to connect to in a "buddy" list?
Try the normal client, the LAN version is for when a small group of people know who to connect to.
Post forwarding is a good keyword to put into google or to look for in your router's instruction manual, and normally 6436 is the port that gnutella clients use.
It's not just your firewall on your computer, if you have a router that needs to have port forwarding set up.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/gnucleus-windows/20142-gnucleus-wont-connect.html
|Thread Gnucleus won't connect - Page 2 - Gnutella Forums | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||September 29th, 2011 07:17 PM|
|Gnucleus 1860 Download of the Day - Online Best Latest Gnucleus 1860 Download of the Day Price Reviews | Features in India||This thread||Refback||September 9th, 2010 10:37 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Gnucleus wont connect||Unregistered||Gnucleus (Windows)||35||August 8th, 2010 07:18 PM|
|can't connect to phex (and gnucleus)||puccio76||General Discussion||1||November 26th, 2004 02:45 AM|
|Gnucleus 1.8.4 can't connect to Limewire||Tim Harvey||Connection Problems||0||February 20th, 2003 02:32 PM|
|Please help gnucleus won't connect||sipher||Gnucleus (Windows)||7||May 7th, 2002 02:25 PM|
|i just got gnucleus and i need help||Unregistered||Gnucleus (Windows)||2||May 26th, 2001 12:58 AM|