|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Host Connections Discussions related to host connections for BearShare users. Problems connecting? See A technique for connecting with BearShare|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
New Trick To Make BearShare Connect To Gnutella!
I have the same problem as many users is haunted by because of BearShare is not connecting to Gnutella network no matter what I do...I know 100% my BearShare is not firewalled, so her I have to think new and figure out a better way then only change the connect.txt file in hope to finally get connected! The BearShare 5.1.0b25 has a forced Ultrapeer function to use which other BearShare versions do not have. I know when BearShare hit Ultrapeer mode it connects to the Gnutella network no matter what, and I started to think is it possible to push other BearShare versions to Ultrapeer mode and get connected to Gnutella network instead of get frustrated by never ever get connected.. I have found a very simple solution to do and kick any BearShare from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 into Ultrapeer mode, and here is how!!!
Before you can use the Ultrapeer mode trick below, you must be sure you are not "FIREWALLED" and the "connect.txt" in db folder located by default C:\Program Files\BearShare\db is not to old. Replase it if it is... You will find a new one here if needed: BearShare Connect Fix installer
1.) If BearShare is runnig and trying to get connected and not do so, just exit BearShare so it shuts down completely...
2.) Locate the BearShare installation folder which is by default C:\Program Files\BearShare, and find this file here: FreePeers.ini
3.) Open FreePeers.ini file with any txt editor you like to use like Notepad/Notpad ++.
4.) Find this section [FirewallLogic] in the FreePeers.ini and it should look like the code below:
[FirewallLogic] bTcpNFW = Yes ; yes if Tcp non-firewalled. TcpIP = 10.0.0.1 ; Tcp IP. bUdpNFW = No ; yes if Udp non-firewalled. bUdpSolNFW = No ; yes if Udp solicited non-firewalled. UdpIP = ; Udp IP. UdpPort = 6348 ; Udp port.
to (Yes): bUdpNFW = Yes ; yes if Udp non-firewalled.
And copy the Tcpip and add it to Udpip, and the changed code will look like this:
[FirewallLogic] bTcpNFW = Yes ; yes if Tcp non-firewalled. TcpIP = 10.0.0.1 ; Tcp IP. bUdpNFW = Yes ; yes if Udp non-firewalled. bUdpSolNFW = No ; yes if Udp solicited non-firewalled. UdpIP = 10.0.0.1 ; Udp IP. UdpPort = 6348 ; Udp port.
6.) Find this section [HostLogic] in the FreePeers.ini and it should look like the code below:
[HostLogic] modeAutoConnect = Yes ; Automatically establish connections modeAccept = Yes ; Accept incoming connections m_bEverUltrapeerCapable = No ; Has client ever been an Ultrapeer m_everUPExpire = 0xD8822D18B315E440 ; EverUltrapeer expiration date
to (Yes): m_bEverUltrapeerCapable = Yes ; Has client ever been an Ultrapeer
And the changed code will look like this:
[HostLogic] modeAutoConnect = Yes ; Automatically establish connections modeAccept = Yes ; Accept incoming connections m_bEverUltrapeerCapable = Yes ; Has client ever been an Ultrapeer m_everUPExpire = 0xD8822D18B315E440 ; EverUltrapeer expiration date
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Last edited by File_Girl71; November 8th, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
I was always thinking there would be a way to force ultrapeer but never knew how!
But, I tried your trick, everytime I change "No" to "Yes" and open BearShare it changes automatically to "No" again and it never gets forced to Ultrapeer Mode, any suggestions?
Which version of BearShare are you using may I ask?
Past couple days, I've again tried experimenting with using BS 5.2.6 Pro (k), as usual struggles to make any connections. 15-35 mins may connect to one bs host, at most 2. But we all know those (k) versions of 5.2 do not connect or connect well. At that rate, BS 5.1 beta beats it hands down. I suspect probably the only persons using BS Pro who are regularly using it were original users of the program.
I'm not sure what the improvements of 5.2 were supposed to be, other than UPnP support, I doubt there was any dramatic improvements, also considering the developer was already working on ways to infest the program with external control.
There is also the hosts section for forced ultrapeer:
[Hosts] ... bForcedUltrapeer = Yes ; Forced Ultrapeer mode
bForcedUltrapeer = Yes ; Forced Ultrapeer mode" is not included originally in the file.
In retrospect, I am not sure the forced ultrapeer option is applicable to the Pro or standard version. I suspect it might only have been intended for testing with the beta. I will send you what i have anyway.
bUseDefaultServiceProvider = Yes ; always try public.bearshare.net first
bNeverBecomeUltrapeer = No ; never become an ultrapeer
bForwardPublicQueriesToLAN = Yes ; Forward public queries to local LAN via multicast
bNativeCompletionPorts = No ; Use native completion ports for socket I/O
connectTimeout = 10 ; max seconds for connect
handshakeTimeout = 10 ; max seconds for handshake completion
msgTimeout = 10 ; max seconds to receive message
tempTimeout = 5 ; max seconds for temp to send a ping
hostMinorTimeout = 3 ; display time for minor errors
hostMajorTimeout = 10 ; display time for major errors
szAuthUserAgent = "" ; Authorized User Agent
szRejectUserAgent = "" ; Reject User Agent
You have to get an open port on your router to get BS connect.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/host-connections/100749-new-trick-make-bearshare-connect-gnutella.html
|Thread Can't connect to the Gnutella Network | Gnutella Forums | Page 2 | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||March 22nd, 2013 08:30 AM|
|Thread Shareaza - cannot connect to G2 | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||February 22nd, 2013 02:34 PM|
|Thread Unable to connect to Gnutella 2 | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||December 1st, 2012 02:01 PM|
|Thread New Trick To Make BearShare Connect To Gnutella! | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||November 28th, 2012 01:35 PM|
|Thread Can't connect in BearShare | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||November 6th, 2012 02:00 AM|
|bearshare will not connect | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 28th, 2012 02:24 PM|
|Thread BearShare just will not connect | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 27th, 2012 01:32 PM|
|BearShare - board messages report | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 27th, 2012 10:25 AM|
|Thread FrostWire 4 versions to connect to Gnutella network | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 26th, 2012 08:33 PM|
|gnutella network - forum post review | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 22nd, 2012 04:38 AM|
|Thread Can't connect to the Gnutella Network | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 14th, 2012 11:14 PM|
|Thread A BearShare version that will connect! | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 12th, 2012 06:49 PM|
|Thread Shareaza wont connect to Gnutella2 | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 12th, 2012 10:19 AM|
|Thread BearShare 5.2.5 | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 5th, 2012 08:12 PM|
|Host Connections on Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 5th, 2012 06:04 PM|
|Thread Is Frostwire Connects to Gnutella Network? | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 2nd, 2012 12:08 PM|
|Thread Need help connecting to gnutella network | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 1st, 2012 08:37 PM|
|Thread BearShare Connect Fix installer | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||July 31st, 2012 02:00 PM|