|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|LimeWire 4 Skins help (note: LimeWire 5 cannot change skin !) Here is where to find past information about problems with using or creating LimeWire skins, and if your problem can not be found, post a question about it|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Limewire Why No Skins!!!!
When trying to dowload Limewire 4.18 on windows 7 no skins are available. I have 4.18 installed on my Mac and all work great. I'm especially wanting the black theme, i prefare 4.18 to 5.5. So please! how do i get the black theme on 4.18 ?
Limewires website can not be accessed due to the injunction, so what do we do?
Have you tried looking in this section: LimeWire 4 Custom Skins found here
I don't know whether the links will all still work (some are pretty old), but you could have a look through & see if you have any joy.
Otherwise, you could try searching for FrostWire skins & change the file to .lwtp instead of .fwtp.
See whether that helps at all.
TheFakeSheikh still has active downloadable skins here smoothkidrizz's deviantART gallery
As Birdy suggested, some other skins download links in that section are still active, some not.
Ok i downloaded the black theme from one of the sites you gave, but know how do i transport and apply the skin in to Limewire? It's been suggested go to Limewire skins gallary, but when trying this it's never possible to access limewires website due to the injuction. Frustrated! how do i get the black theme applied???
Last edited by musicmad; March 3rd, 2011 at 04:39 PM.
You will need to manually go to the LW preferences folder & add the .lwtp file. LW needs to be closed at this time. Links are provided here about how to do Skins - links to some answers
ie: since the LW site is no longer active for skins. You can only manually add & apply skins, not via the auto-download option.
Thanks but this all seems confusing... why is it not possible to just download LW 4.18 on my Windows 7 PC and apply the black theme???
When downloading 4.18 on my Mac the process was just that simple and that was "with the black theme applied"
It seems that downloading LW in the past was possible with all skins, but know when downloding skins are not provided.
To put simply, the LW company is no longer; the LW company is closed. Their site is no longer use-able. Their skins download page was withdrawn from their site. So to find skins, we need to find custom ones made by other persons. These ones are not possible to install directly into LW. Firstly they are zip. The .zip needs to be changed to .lwtp then added to the skins folder within the LW program folder. Then they should show up in the skins menu next time LW is opened. It seems this is the only way to do it. And was always the only way to apply 'custom-made' skins.
Once you have succeeded with doing this once, you will see it was not too complicated. But it's not easy to explain the process all the same.
We provide links to older LW versions on this forum, we also still have custom-made skins that are still available.
I will discuss this issue with File_Girl to see if she can design a program that will do this entire process, so people do not need to go through the manual steps. Probably something like: will change the zip to lwtp then move or copy to the LW skins folder inside the preferences folder.
Being new to this I'm not even familiar with what a lwtp file is... never mind adding it to the skins folder.
It would be great if File girl could work somthing out for the skins... please keep me informed.
Last edited by musicmad; March 6th, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
I will try to do somthing about this, and make it easy for you and other user of LW 4.18.8 or older to add the LW skins...
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...