|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
The newset beta still hasn't fixed the problems with Limewire freezing for a bit after completing any download and completely locking up if you select some stuff and cancel, or clear inactive ... and now most of my downloads fail with "disk problem" on my less than half full 80 gig drive. What the hell is going on? The number of serious bugs is supposed to go DOWN, not UP!
The technicians are on the job right now investigating your complaints. Remember this is a test, BETA put out there. All the information is being compiled, examined, and beaten to a bloody pulp with a big bat. After the BETA goes to stable status I am sure we will enjoy a much better program. I for one like some of the new innovations that are in the 9 series, but, I, like you do not like the problems, but will wait and see.
The new disk problem thing is glaringly obvious. All they had to do was run the darn thing for about four hours before posting it on their web site and they'd have known it was worse than 4.9.8. Don't they even briefly test it before posting a new beta? I thought even betas were supposed to have had a little in-house testing before being publicly released...and running one copy for four hours on a normal internet connection would have sufficed to uncover this!
If you can't wait, just search in LW: "limewirewin4.9.8.exe" then dl it if you can and install it. Of course you can continue your downloads if you revert to the latest stable release 4.8.1 too.
Liens d'intérêt /Links of interest:
Gnutellaforums en français /The House's rules you have to respect / First search the forum, then create a thread / Free software alternatives! - Logiciels alternatifs gratuits!/
On Linux the same..
I have few downloads, when one is finishing (more or less in 100% of verifying) every other downloads change status at "Disk problem", and I have to cancel all and from Incomplete files resume them all..
I had to back on 4.8.1 ... ;[
And back for tray on Linux..
Is it total impossible for use SWT (like in azureus) for LW ?
If yes then I understand, until tray of JDIC will not work good.. tray on LW will not work too ? ;[
Download an executable from a p2p network and run it? Are you freaking mad?! I'm sorry, but I like not having viruses, trojans, or spyware on my system a little too much to do something like that.
And I've been told that you can NOT go back to 4.8.1 from the betas without losing your incomplete downloads.
Well, can you or can't you? Now I've gotten two contradictory claims.
I see there's a new beta 4.9.10 out (no thanks to your web site -- it was like pulling teeth getting it to actually serve a freaking page instead of some spurious "timeout" error today!).
What I don't see is an entry in the 4.9.10 change list saying "Fixed disk problem bug".
Any ETA on when this will be fixed?
Green check icons still inaccurate 4.9.9
I've got the disk problem thing too. Moreover, the green check icons are still broken after all these years. I just had a search come back with 10 results. All showed green checks. Not trusting these, I selected them all and hit download. I got 8 overwrite prompts and zero "continue or cancel" prompts saying I already had files with the same content.
Which means two of the green checked files were neither files whose names already existed at the download destination, nor files whose content already existed in my library, the two things that are supposed to produce a green check...
Can't back to 4.8.1 without losing incomplete downloads ?
I think I did it..
I run 4.8.1 and LW said that, he can't load lod downloads, but I just went to "Incomplete files" checked them all and click "Resume", and all downloads from 4.9.9 back and finished on 4.8.1
That doesn't work for me. The ones that had some progress resume, but most of the rest will end up showing a bogus file size of zero and will not download -- they will "await sources" till the cows come home. So I'd lose every incomplete download that didn't have any progress yet, and have a bazillion searches to do over again to track them all down. And any from host browsing would have to be tracked down twice -- somehow I'd have to re-find the host, and browse it again, then find the file in the host's file list.
Not my idea of a fun time.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|When i Leave Limewire Beta, it automatically re-opens Limewire||MPielichowski||Connection Problems||1||February 16th, 2007 07:16 PM|
|LimeWire 4.1.2 Beta||sberlin||LimeWire Beta Archives||10||August 2nd, 2004 09:49 AM|
|LimeWire 3.9.5 Beta||sberlin||LimeWire Beta Archives||38||April 27th, 2004 10:32 AM|
|LimeWire 3.9.4 Beta||sberlin||LimeWire Beta Archives||7||April 23rd, 2004 12:59 PM|
|LimeWire 1.7 beta available||crohrs||LimeWire Beta Archives||35||October 25th, 2001 02:49 PM|