|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I'm very late to report but ... I found i had some of the same issues as some other users who also used Windows.
For LW 4.9.7 I was unable to startup. It would stick at the loading stage. For LW 4.9.11 it starts up well ... but I lost my incompletes! (the 1st time I mean.) I didn't think that would be the case for upgrading.
I didn't remove the prefs folder after updating from 4.8.1 to 4.9.7 or 4.9.11
I didn't receive any message to say my incompletes were unable to load. I just noticed the downlds window was empty when there should have been a dozen or so items there. I'm not sure it's a major issue but a few other people had complained about the same thing so i guess it depends on one's system & set up. But just something to keep in mind for the devs. It might have been fixed by now anyway with the newer betas.
Come to think of it, I couldn't load 4.9.7 so I had to force quit using control-alt-del so perhaps that's what caused it. Windows is "so" sensitive about such things!!!
But then again i've done this before with 4.8.1 without loss of my incompletes. But prolly the update was the last hay strand it could stand. lol
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; August 12th, 2005 at 04:07 PM.
I never have lost my d/l's and never removed my .limewitch folder. Windows is sensitive but so far I have loaded the last 7 or 8 beta's without any trouble. the trouble usually begins with a double click on LimeWitch.
deacon72, if ya dont like the program, then why use it? that just doesnt make sense to me...
i guess not everyone is gifted in the art of configuration.
Last edited by ultracross; August 12th, 2005 at 10:11 PM.
The problems I have come across have not been a matter of my configuration, as it is the problem of some of these BETA's going from bad to worse. Browsing these forums would convince the most stalwart defender of LimeWire that there is a problem that goes beyond newbies. I put my LimeWire bug reports on "review before sending" and have had several sent by a program recognizing it was in trouble.
As to why I use this program, my opinion was based on the ease of use, variety of files available, and the fact that 4.8.1 seemed a credible program. I thought the BETA's would iron out some of the bugs ie: the bottleneck on download/upload speeds and the CPU overload that was prevalent as far back to '98 with Napster
If criticism and subjective reporting of problems becomes an irritant and unappreciated, a program or any project for that matter, will die as so many other programs have up here. I have seen it happen too often. I've seen Administrators close Forums because they got tired of listening to users complain, those users ranging from the "newbies" who didn't understand their own computers' let alone know how to efficiently install the program to "novice's" who knew what they were doing but were still having trouble to those in the "advanced" catogory who forgot about "their" learning process and rather than help they got irritated. All have different levels of understanding and usefulness.
Never Kick Holes in the lifeboat.
Since your bugs seems specific to you, I'd invite you to try taking contact with Zab in PMs. If I were a dev I would certainly like to experience the bugs on your machine by VNC or remote control. You just have to set a VNC server, send the infos to Zab and he would surely figure out the bugs.
Anyway, even if you are not a dev, you should check the CVS changes so you know what's happening. http://www.limewire.org/fisheye/changelog/limecvs/
Liens d'intérêt /Links of interest:
Gnutellaforums en français /The House's rules you have to respect / First search the forum, then create a thread / Free software alternatives! - Logiciels alternatifs gratuits!/
Last edited by et voilà; August 13th, 2005 at 11:20 AM.
OK, what is up with this? I've got this file that simply won't download. It's not because there's no source online for it. But it's behaving freaky. Using beta 4.9.22.
First it says waiting in line position 2. Then it says need more sources. Er, what? The guy went offline? ok, find more sources. Hrm -- waiting in line, position 2. And after a while: awaiting sources. What? Now I hit resume and it's back to waiting in line. But does it move up to position 1 and then download? Noooooo ... back to awaiting sources! I've had to hit resume a dozen times so far, and there's no sign that this thing will ever correctly advance in line and then download. I have no trouble connecting to the source and getting slotted into queue, so the source is online and not too busy. So why in Christ's name won't the file DOWNLOAD?!?!?!?! It must be a bug. I want it fixed. I've seen this way too many times now for it to just be a minor hiccup or a one-time fluke. It happens with some file or another every damn day it seems. Why doesn't it stay in line and then download???
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|When i Leave Limewire Beta, it automatically re-opens Limewire||MPielichowski||Connection Problems||1||February 16th, 2007 07:16 PM|
|LimeWire 4.1.2 Beta||sberlin||LimeWire Beta Archives||10||August 2nd, 2004 09:49 AM|
|LimeWire 3.9.5 Beta||sberlin||LimeWire Beta Archives||38||April 27th, 2004 10:32 AM|
|LimeWire 3.9.4 Beta||sberlin||LimeWire Beta Archives||7||April 23rd, 2004 12:59 PM|
|LimeWire 1.7 beta available||crohrs||LimeWire Beta Archives||35||October 25th, 2001 02:49 PM|