|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|LimeWire Tips and Tricks Advanced users meet here to share secrets about pushing LimeWire to the limit.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
MMMMM how old is your computer let's see your runing with 7.9Hardrive not much room to put anything in the first place.You said that you are runing windows XP sp2 well that windows take's 98mb and on top of that what ever other programs you have on your PC is probley take more room to like if you all ready have Movies or game's or music witch i might say will slow you down if you do not have a lot of hard drive space.For ram you have 512 witch is good but with windows Xp sp2 it's take a lot of ram about 128-256 for good use of windows xp and like up top what ever programs are runing will take more ram witch means you probley only have one or two 100mb of ram to use left.MMMM you said you have broadband right ok is it your's or are you shareing withsome one else because if you are shareing some one eles it might just slow you down even more because thay might have a fire wall blocking you.And i no netgear i have a wireless but mines a bilken .works great
All in all not to be rude or anything but looks like you could use a new computer.
Reply to Stuart22
I have to agree that you need a new computer. Because at this point, if you upgrade it would cost as much as a bottom line model. You can get a computer that has a 80g HD and 256mb RAM 2.5ghz Intel/AMD for a less than you are going to spend on all the upgrades!! GOOD LUCK!! And, if you have any questions. please feel free to email me!!.....I'M OOOOUUUUT!!!!
sorry all i didnt make the specs of this computer clear its a medion 3.06 Ghz pentium 4 processer with a 40 GB hard drive.the 7.8gb is what space i have left.an 512mb ram any time i go on limewire i close all other running programs to let it download in peace.
just for curiousity i deleted my limewire preferences folder last nite an i started limewire up usein the t3 settings and its downloadin round the 20 - 30KB now.should i just settle for this speed now or is there anything else i can do???
trying to help stuart22
Sounds like you have plenty of computer. I would go out and buy an external hard drive and put all of your media on that. I have to do the same thing. In the meantime here is something that you can do to increase bandwidth on your computer. Microsoft keeps 20% for itself (what a surprise). DO THIS....
1. Make sure you're logged in as "Administrator" (not just any account with admin privileges).
2. Navigate to START>Run and type: gpedit.msc
3. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Network > QOS Packet Scheduler
4. In the right window, double-click the limit reservable bandwidth setting
5. On the setting tab, check the enabled setting.
6. Where it says "Bandwidth limit %", change it to read 0 (or whatever percentage you want to reserve for high priority QoS data)
7. Click OK, close gpedit.msc
AMD3.6ghz Rocks better than dell or mac or intel sorry guy 's
E:52X cdrw DVD burner combo
Video card: Gforce 4 5200
dont no the sound
3GIG of ram
850 Sub stero rocks
Windows XP sp2 all updated
Bilkin wireless - Broadban i pay for the broadban but i am the basment
This is my computer
home made cost 3,000
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|we need help badly||Poppy2612||Gtk-Gnutella (Linux/Unix/Mac OSX/Windows)||1||December 10th, 2006 03:28 PM|
|I Need Help Very Badly !||narutofan1895||Open Discussion topics||4||November 13th, 2006 12:07 AM|
|i need help badly!!!||kisses xo me||Connection Problems||3||July 10th, 2005 10:48 PM|
|I need help badly||jughead||General Linux Support||0||December 7th, 2004 09:22 PM|
|Need help badly||Fabbrini25||General Windows Support||2||August 20th, 2004 01:33 PM|