|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|LimeWire+WireShare Tips and Tricks Advanced users meet here to share secrets about pushing LimeWire to the limit.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
First off, I wanted to say sweet work on all of the advice/tips/enlightenment! I found it well thought out, very understandable, quite comprehensive and the links were perfect for keeping the more detailed info close enough to click, yet still letting you surf thru the main post without getting distracted with a overload to the cerebrum. I have been downloading for a year or 2, on and off. I only use the Lime for increasing my realm of musical knowledge thru the beauty of MP3 aquisition. After Ripping all my CDs best tunes to my CPU, i've managed to reach the 7,500 song level one MP3 at a time.
I really can't recall any viruses off hand. I tried common sense thru most of my searches and downloads. The file size was a no-brainer. I've seen every aspect of most any file in my system to know the average song size to get fooled by anything less than 1M.
Unlike the "mark as spam" Spam filtering, till today, I ocassionally tried to block a site's address. The "...orgasm on webcam" hit always came back. I guess it dosen't know I only use Duckyporn for my glandular needs, Heh. Errr... ... Yea!I mean ... to study the human form like a sculptor ... Yea! Ok, enough cheesy humor.
I saw the TechNutopia Hostile List page. I downloaded the Text Zip file. I then used the search for "oidhfhdjfjdk.mp3" trick along with the "mark as junk" option on the results a few times. I'd restart Limewire between searches. Should I first install the Hostile List" before wasting my time on marking more Junk? The Filter Hosts in Options menu lists the addresses I banned. I named quite a few file sets as junk, yet Idon't see alot of banned addresses listed. Does reported Junk get saved as a combo of name/size/format/addresses somewhere on SANTA's naughty list?
The site mentions putting the Hostiles.txt file in your C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_NAME\Application Data\Limewire folder. there was no HOSTILE.txt list there when I installed it. I didn't see if the list referred to addresses other aspects of the files in question.
SEARCH WORDING & NUMBER OF WORDS:
I saw mentioned thet to exclude a word from your search you used a "_" underscore instead of the Boolean/Google "-" minus sign. I didn't see if the " " quotation marks for finding the whole word string was valid in Limewire as it is in a Google search. Once in a while, my search has too many words. What is the total limit. Not sure if the same limit on how many total words is the same as total used for just a single search variable.
SEARCH FROM A RESULT OF ANOTHER SEARCH:
Lets say you R-click a name in the left Filter Results area, say in the ARTISTS box, and do a custom search for that Artist. In the name of the new search, it "Artist" before the actual name. Can you do the same thing by also typing in "Artist" along with thier name in the search parameter box? I always assumed that Lime didn't show that word cause it assumes that you know what box you typed the words into. Is it there to remind you that search was from inside a earlier search result?
I'd often do a custom search after r-clicking on one of my downloads-in-progress that has too few Hosts feeding it. I'd usually search with the choice that included the artist name and some or all of the song's name. Usually, in the results, I'll see a file with a more than usual number of possible hosts along with a credible 3.3M size. As I start the download, I'll see if I can play it with the Prewiew button. If I can't preview it, I just cancel the download. Wasn't sure if that was probably a ringtone or such. It said MP3 file type.
FIXING A CORRUPT FILE:
If your media player can't play the final MP3 you get, try opening the file with a audio media editor(if you have one). Don't do anything to it, except for saving it. I use Waveedit included with my Nero7 suite. It fixes the file almost 99.99% of the time. I might be lucky in the way the default options saves files.
ADDING A EXTENTION TO THE FILTERS KEYWORDS LIST:
I added all the Extentions yous tutorial listed. I always thought that area was for adding entire words to block, not Extentions too. After also adding the HOSTILE list to my docs folder, I restarted the CPU, & did a search for SOMETHING GOOD.
All the results were over 2M large!! There was no mandatory "Orgasm" hit. The only type of file I saw that I didn't need was a .M4A type, some newer compression. I rem once long ago downloading a trial converter thet did 3 of them B4 it's trial ran out. I added it to the Filter Keywords option.
I did a few more reg music searchs. I only saw a very minimal number of 117K mini-me files and a rare "Orgasm". Who thought a rare "Orgasm" is something to covet? Here's the good Omen from the DOS GODS. Just for fun, I searched for "HR PUFFNSTUFF", an old kids show. Once months ago, I had a urge to add its TV Theme to my larder. It was real prob 4AM and I finally found 1 hit that was slow and terminated b4 it finished its snail-like download. My Quest for a childhood flashback was answered. Well, 1 site had it. One site with a motivated little bandwith that came to me in record time. I am blessed by a sign from above, HEH.
ONE LAST ?:
In the future, should I treat stinky search results with JUNK banning, HOST ADDRESS banning or both. Not sure which one works in what specific way. My ability to Google the answer was vexed by Evil Demons... Well, maybe naughty spirits. Or it was Witchypoo. Google that one if your too young to flash on that name.
Ok, time to play some COWBOYS & INDIANS. Thanks for all the hard work on the product. The Forums usually take care of anything the Product misses, HEH. Your Virus Suite will hopefully take care of anything that slips in between the cracks.
As "UNCLE BOB" used to sing, TALK TO YA LATER!
PS:The above game was NOT played in a Stadium. I'm Learning, HEH!!____________________________________________
Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form.
Last edited by Remoc; March 14th, 2008 at 06:18 AM.
Hello forum Im new here but have a little problem. It seems that when Im looking for certain music I can only find it sometimes.Other times its not there is there a reason for this or is it the luck of the draw Thanks for the help Love Limewire Bandit3999
Downloading after search
I am a new user and am not sure that I am doing this correctly. Each time that I put in an artist name, it pulls up the artist and a list of songs, but none of the items listed has the limewire quality symbol. Is it safe to download items that only have the stars?
Last edited by Chekitha; June 25th, 2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: had starts instead of star
Service? Who is providing a service? Perhaps you do not understand p2p sharing.
For torrents use utorrent or Azureus (vuse) since they were designed specifically for "SHARING" torrents (not for leeching them / hitting & running). BTW I don't see anything wrong with 500 KB/s. Faster than most people get.
Limewire does not tell you if anyone has the whole torrent i.e. seeds vs. peers
Limewire has no way of adding torrents just for sharing
Limewire doesn't have the ability to make a torrent
Limewire has a very un-userfriendly way of sharing torrents back. Pretty much it renames stuff it shouldn't be renaming. In a real torrent client you can have as many torrents loaded as you want. This way you can share back even if the initial swarm did not need you to.
Many trackers ban Limewire/Frostwire and the likes. Reasons:
Not a real bittorrent client
Sends bad data to tracker
Does not update properly
If the developers would have contacted and worked with other devs/staff when developing Bittorrent support in the client, then it wouldn't be like this.
The "Service" you are speaking of is Limewire users draining BitTorrent swarms, taking what it wants and not giving back. Using it for torrents makes you anti P2P-sharing.
where are my downloads stored?
thanks for the info...I have now been able to download some songs into a playlist, but I don't know where to go from there? once I hit download where does it go? I can't find it on my computer, should it not show up in windows media so that I can load it onto my mp3?
Depends which version LW you are using. If LW 5, Click on Library tab, find the song, right-click & choose Locate on Disk which will open that folder on your computer where your downloaded files are. To add to WMP, right-click & choose Play, but that's only if your LW media player is turned off.
Otherwise perhaps see Windows Media Player 10 Guide: Adding Songs to Your Library and Burning CDs
If using LW 4, click on Library tab, select Saved/Shared folder on left side, hover your cursor over the song & it will show which folder it is in on your computer.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/limewire-wireshare-tips-tricks/56904-how-find-music-videos.html
|Magnet Links and NOOB questions - FrostWire Community Forums||This thread||Refback||July 14th, 2016 02:43 PM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Magnet Links and NOOB questions||This thread||Refback||October 6th, 2012 03:47 PM|
|The End of Gnutella ?(Frostwire Goes Bittorrent Only)||This thread||Refback||June 28th, 2011 06:01 PM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||October 31st, 2010 02:51 PM|
|Avoiding Limewire Dangers?||This thread||Refback||September 5th, 2010 07:14 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|cant find music||kenejhnsn||General Windows Support||3||July 16th, 2007 10:29 PM|
|I can't find the music I want.||MewtwoM||Chat - Open Topics - The Lounge||5||March 20th, 2006 04:31 PM|
|find music file||jayder||Download/Upload Problems||2||August 16th, 2004 02:06 PM|
|cant find my music||ilsognodore||Download/Upload Problems||0||September 15th, 2003 01:33 PM|
|can't find my music?||Unregistered||Download/Upload Problems||2||May 31st, 2002 03:32 PM|