|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|LimeWire+WireShare Tips and Tricks Advanced users meet here to share secrets about pushing LimeWire to the limit.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I think the only time you should use both artist and songname is if your after a particular song and multiple artists have a song with a similiar title or a cover version of the song, you are looking for. If you can't find the song via
artist or song title, then try album, and if your after a particular genre of course use "Genre" drop-down menu. But what happens if you can't find the song, or artist, or album??
There is more than one answer, maybe no one has ripped the songs, if so you or somone you know has a good copy on cd you could rip it yourself which would be the common sense thing to do. The other reason normally is to do with very rare releases, deleted items and of course import releases like an album might be available in Australia but hard to get in the US or UK and vice versa. And of course the final reason it's just not on cd, maybe 45'' or LP.
If you're after an a specific release but can't find anything...best advice:"do a google search", you find alot of information on some releases through the google search engine. Actually a number of good bands have certain releases which only have 500 or so copies worldwide - which means that the songs from that release are harder to find than your average easy to find releases. (the more popular the band the easier to find files & releases)
try searching with half of artist name
When searching for an audio a good option is searching by first name or better still with last name of the artist with track name.
Another good thing is Title search found when right clicking some result under search more.
(edit: This has been added in the guide after further testing. A bit modified)
I tried this often before and while it works sometimes, it usually does not work on popular artists, and when it works you would have got legit results when only using Artist or Songname. (The reason I did not include it in the guide)
This is in no way intended to say that people shouldn't try this. Only that it doesn't go in the guide.
Thanks for your input
Last edited by Sleepless; September 11th, 2006 at 03:57 PM.
Sorry Tom I will have to correct you there...Peerguardian doesn't do what you have mentioned...
This is what Peerguardian is used for...
PeerGuardian is a tiny IP blocker program especially designed for P2P software users, but also to anyone who is concerned about the investigations that corporations and authorities perform on the internet. PeerGurdian blocks connections for the configured IP ranges and logs the blocked connections. It uses blocklists for the blocking, but IP ranges can also be configured manually. Pre-cofigured for blocking are RIAA, MPAA and many others.
A must have for a P2P user...
If you dont live for something...
You die for nothing...
"1. When searching for music use the Audio-tab and not the All Files-tab. I know several others ask you to try the All Files-tab, but if you follow these "hints" You will find many more and better results. If you don't find what you're looking for then feel free to try the All Files-tab, but there is very rarely anything to be found which would not be found using the Audio-tab"
I tryed looking in the audio section and it will only give me vidoe results. Has this ever happened to anyone else? and if it has, how do I fix it?
Please don't Doublepost. I don't know why you can't get your search to work and I'm sure others will see your thread in the "Getting started section"
The only reason that this thread is even open is so that people that have something useful to add can post it here.
So I say this again
Only post in this thread if you have something useful to add
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/limewire-wireshare-tips-tricks/56904-how-find-music-videos.html
|Magnet Links and NOOB questions - FrostWire Community Forums||This thread||Refback||July 14th, 2016 02:43 PM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Magnet Links and NOOB questions||This thread||Refback||October 6th, 2012 03:47 PM|
|The End of Gnutella ?(Frostwire Goes Bittorrent Only)||This thread||Refback||June 28th, 2011 06:01 PM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||October 31st, 2010 02:51 PM|
|Avoiding Limewire Dangers?||This thread||Refback||September 5th, 2010 07:14 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|cant find music||kenejhnsn||General Windows Support||3||July 16th, 2007 10:29 PM|
|I can't find the music I want.||MewtwoM||Chat - Open Topics - The Lounge||5||March 20th, 2006 04:31 PM|
|find music file||jayder||Download/Upload Problems||2||August 16th, 2004 02:06 PM|
|cant find my music||ilsognodore||Download/Upload Problems||0||September 15th, 2003 01:33 PM|
|can't find my music?||Unregistered||Download/Upload Problems||2||May 31st, 2002 03:32 PM|