|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|LimeWire+WireShare Tips and Tricks Advanced users meet here to share secrets about pushing LimeWire to the limit.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Well I don't know what the experts say but I found that after checking your isp speeds online (google / yahoo speakeasy speed test) and review your actual speed capabilities...In my case I have about. .44 mps upload and roughly 1.6-ish mps download so go to tools / options / transfers tab click on settings under upload download limits...Check the boxes (limit speeds) & for upload I put 50,000 KPS (.50 mps) and for download OVER RANK it I put 500,000 kps (500mps) I believe 999,999 is Limewires limit but by over rating or selecting options like fiber optic or t-lines etc., I have been able to increase download speeds from (average) 40 kps to over 200 kps. It just seems that if you lie to the settings you can trick programs into assuming your pc can handle outlandish speeds & the results are usually higher than default / auto settings. Now speeds will vary depending on the source (of course) BUT I am now able to download most movies in about the same time it takes to watch them instead of 6-8 hours or even days...This seems to work regardless of limewire pro or basic & the technique works on other programs and download managers…Simple conversion (I’m a pc tech & still I have to stop and do the math)…1000 kilobytes =1 megabyte / 10,000 kb = 10 mb / 100,000 kb =100 mb (1000 mb =1 gb & so on)… I hope that helps, However, I would like to know what the experts here have to say on the subject as I have never collaborated with these knowledge-able forum folks, I’m curious to hear their input on this subject &/or my findings.
Streaming media is a misnomer & an oxymoron with INTENSE potential for security abuse & e-molestation...Download it you got it, it's yours / Stream or tube it then 'they got you' & you, your money & your pc are theirs...J
Anything new on this? I am running File_Girls Pirate Edition which I assume is pro and not basic? I have never been selected for an UP yet. I have sufficient up and download bandwidth. I disconnect one or two ultrapeer hosts after a couple of hours and 3 new ones will pop up "connecting" but only one will always stick, leaving me still with just 5 ultrapeer hosts stuck in a leaf node position.
You need to be sure that (a) you are not firewalled in any way. Go to LW's menu bar, Tools -> Advanced Tools. It must not say anything about being firewalled.
(click to see larger view, shows difference between my mac & windows LPE)
(b) probably best if none of the options in the Performance window are disabled. ie: LW's menu bar, Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Performance.
(c) becoming an ultrapeer might take some time. The longer your LW is connected, your chances increase.
LPE runs similarly to LW Pro. LPE might be lacking one or two things Pro has, though this would be in the internal code engine. When LPE was originally released, it was specified it was not Pro but built from the 'open source' LW Basic. It's based on the LW 5.6 Betas. Whether pro or basic, should still be able to become an ultrapeer regardless, if conditions are right.
BTW I don't usually go ultrapeer mode. I share a very large number of files instead. However when I went UP I connected to 32 other UP's. (BTW when in UP mode, Peers = other UP's AFAIK.)
Just now. Though since doing these graphics has since increased to 40 leaves.
Last December, the previous time I was running in UP mode.
On the subject of better searches, I am losing more and more quality contributors as time goes by. I am still using LPE. I share music and music only. Usually rock, pop, soul and country. I live on the west coast USA and search late night hours. In the last 8-12 months or so the majority of my connections have been from Japan, and most of them are just contributing games and videos only, so they are bad matches for me. I drop them continously but they usually just keep reappearing back immediately. My port keeps resetting at 6346 although I have changed it with no luck on any other english speaking country popping up instead of Japan. Any suggestions? Should I stay with Limewire? Are there any other tricks I can do? I have had great luck for years with LW, but not too good in quite a while.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/limewire-wireshare-tips-tricks/81811-how-force-ultrapeer-better-searches-whether-using-pro-basic.html
|FTC responds to LabMD’s motion for sanctions in FTC v. LabMD Â» PHIprivacy.net||This thread||Refback||August 31st, 2014 12:25 PM|
|Site Gnutella Forums | www.gnutellaforums.com | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||July 1st, 2011 12:02 PM|
|Ultrapeer | Life123||This thread||Refback||March 19th, 2011 01:27 PM|
|Thread How to Force UltraPeer (Better searches whether using Pro or Basic) | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||February 18th, 2011 09:40 PM|
|LimeWire Tips and Tricks on Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||August 5th, 2010 04:03 PM|