|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Morpheus (Windows) For users of Morpheus to get assistance. Important link: Clean Updated Morpheus Installers available here!|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Thanx!Cool web site you have i Hope many can see it,and it would helpe Morpheus stay alive even longer-since StreamCast is gone!
Would be cool if we can raise the number of Morpheus users on the network,then we se what will happen....
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
im tryin to help this great programme .he musn't die
but plz can you fix some probelemes in morpheus basic 5.3
he don't share in his folder
and morpheus 5.2.3 ultra G2 MUST CONNECT by default
I HOPE YOU CAN FIX THESE BUGS
Hi!Well Morpheus Ultra 5.2.3 does not connect to G2 by default,but it should have done that-agree!Can be difficult since Morpheus Ultra are prefixed so it installs two exe files....I can see what i can do about it!Morpheus 5.3.0 basic don't share in his folder,i only know my first installers had problme with adding shared folders....Thats should be allready fixted,but if somthing els you must enlighten me with moore details and what is happen!I gonna install Morpheus 5.3.0 tonight,then i will see what happen!It can also be a safty issue,since Morpheus by default use My Documents as default download and share directory...But it can of course be a bugg as well,we see!
PS: If you dont add enny files in the default shared directory it will not share from there,thats how the works!It will only share from the folders you adding,no buggs so fare!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Last edited by File_Girl71; June 26th, 2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: some moore info!
Bigg Thanxs for you helping royobanenWe need moore people like you out there We refuse Morpheus die,like many discontinued p2p apps out there did....I only hope Morpheus will run on Windows 7 to!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
i try my best
thanks a lot. you are great too you fixed the best p2p and i hope you will fix these bugs ...because the most of the internet user's aren't very smart ...and it will be not easy to show them how they enbale G2
and i tried a search without G2 only few results so morpheus needs G2 (shareaza) enabled ....
maybe morpheus basic will work much more better because G2 enbaled by default but i tried again ...he don't share in his folder so when you restart morpheus again he don't find the files...he share the files in C:\
sorry my english is so bad because english is not important language in my country morocco...
I just installed Morpheus ultra onto Windows 2000, connected straight away. Set to connect to G2, connected fine AFAIK. ie: 5 G1 (gnutella), 3 G2 hosts. If anything it was struggling to connect with Neo.
Some tips to get better results:
1. Morpheus can be forced into ultrapeer mode , connecting up to 32 other UPs (LW,Frost,Bear etc - it connects to all ) - if your internet is fast enough and will help others to connect.
In Preferences-Networks , theres a force gnutella ultrapeer/G2 hub options.
This should get you more results.
2. Also ensure the network status (lower left corner next to the status icons) says 'Connected' and NOT 'Firewalled'.If firewalled you get very poor search results , and problems downloading files.
3. Use fixed listening port , by default Morpheus assign random port every time it starts.In Preferences-Connection , you'll see 'Set incomin gnutella port..'.Click on its checkbox (make it ticked) and key in port number to use in the textbox on its right.I found port 6346 or 6348(same as Shareaza/Bearshare uses) gives me better results but you can use others.
4. Use a ip blocklist to block spam/hostile anti-p2p peers.
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download MorphBlocked.net.zip
This is taken from Bluetack blocklist (bogon+badpeers+gnutella lists) .
I've used Blocklist Manager to convert into Morpheus/GnucDna format.
To use this blocklist :
- Exit Morpheus , program must be closed before updating the file.
- Extract MorphBlocked.net from the zip file to temp folder or desktop.
- Right click on My Computer and select explore . Go to this folder , C:\Documents and Settings\*user\Application Data\Morpheus
C:\Documents and Settings\*user\Application Data\Morpheus Ultra
*user is your Windows user profile e.g Administrator if you logon/run windows as Administrator
-Copy MorphBlocked.net from temp folder or desktop
That's it , done .
To check that you've done correctly - Start Morpheus , go to Preferences-Block , you'll see list of hundreds of thousands of ip address.
Once you've done all these , you'll get very few spam/fake results and lot more real files.
Thanx Morpheus5x! Cool blocklist you made,only you need to update it 2-3 times in a week,if you will have the same good continued effect as now!!!Thats way i use Peer Guardian 2 with 7 lists,and i think you must include the filter list for Fakers as well...Thats those client/hubs/ultrapeers that sending fake or fals information so you will not download enny files,or you get a totall different files then you put to download......But don't get me wrong i will test it out enny way,and i hope you can keep it updated as well!!!!Thats cool!!!! Well royobanen the are no bugs with Morpheus 5.3.0 basic installer as you think!I am 100% sure you installed the Morpheus Ultra first then uninstalled it then installede Morpheus basic!Now did you remove the registry key for Morpheus in Windows???? I don't think so,ihave once the same issue for Morpheus Ultra it diden't wanna share even the folders where added,but it was my previouse Morpheus regkey that played this joke on me back then...Go to C:\WINDOWS\regedit and open by dobble click on it,now click on edit and serach for...type in Morpheus Ultra or Morpheus then let it search for the key,then you delete the keys it findes,but you need to find all of the key-it will let you now when all the key is gone!!!!Yo need to manually delete the Morpheus/Morpheus Ultra key from your registry to avoid things like this happen to you!!!I hope this will help you solve the probleme for you,i will point out that the Morpheus Ultra is fare moore better then the basic one...For better performance just follow Morpheus5x's advice above,then you will have a better working Morpheus as well!For the Morpheus Ultra is not possible to pre enable the G2 network as it was for the basic one...I have working on the installer whole day with out enny sucsess so fare-sorry!I will assume most of the old as new Morph users are not that dumb a$$e$ out there so the will find the way to the Preferneces tab and thats easy if you like to click on things....Don't worry they will figure it out!!!Happy Morphing enny ways!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Last edited by File_Girl71; June 27th, 2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: miss spelling!
Morpheus so easy to use,maybe the easiest .They designed the interface to be simple,uncluttered.
Heres screenshot of Morpheus Ultra 5.2.3 , with some explanations:
Last edited by Morpheus5x; July 7th, 2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Upload new pic , to make the text clearer
Newer not always better
Shown below is comparison Morpheus 18.104.22.1688 vs 22.214.171.1242.
The older build 1038 connects to 3 Gnutella/G1 ultrapeer in leaf mode,
just like the paid Ultra version.
Newer build 1042 however connects to only 1 G1 ultrapeer.
After searching the web , the 126.96.36.1998 setup cannot be found anymore.
Good news is that i found Morpheus 188.8.131.522 can be changed to build 184.108.40.2068 by copying the core dll file , M5Shell.dll , from the older build into Morpheus installation directory, c:\program files\morpheus
The older(1038) dll i got from friends PC :
After copying into the program files\morpheus , need to re-register the dll :
Click on Start->Run
Type in -> regsvr32 "c:\program files\morpheus\m5shell.dll"
Click on ok.
You'll see message "DllRegister M5Shell.dll successful"
*Disclaimer - do at own risk , i have tested it works without problems but
no guarantee it 100%
EDIT:Updated link to better version http://www.4shared.com/file/12014009...s_5301040.html220.127.116.110
Last edited by File_Girl71; December 14th, 2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Added a updated working link for the 18.104.22.1680 installer!