|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Morpheus (Windows) For users of Morpheus to get assistance. Important link: Clean Updated Morpheus Installers available here!|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Hi! Should be easy to make a installer for Morpheus 126.96.36.1990 as you say is better-and you show it to with the pics above...I will look into it and test it out thanx for your discovery Morpheus5x I f you find moore just let us know!
EDIT: Installer for Morpheus 188.8.131.520 is ready and testet ok!!! Go to the sticky for Clean Morpheus 5.3 Installer her on the forums in section for Morpheus!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Last edited by File_Girl71; July 23rd, 2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Add some moore info! :-)
I have read the message you send me... I f i understand you correct, you have some connection issue with Morpheus Ultra 5.2.3 from this forum!!!
Normaly you should not have that, but i think it has some thing to do with your previous Morpheus installation which was Morpheus 5.2 beta...The are never a good ide to install Morpheus Ultra on a computer, which have a Morpheus beta installed before... This is only causing troubble for you, but i will help you enny way as i can I will also need some more info from you...
1.) Which Widows are you trying to run Morpheus on?
2.) Do you have a firewall or a router?
3.) Have you removed all previous Morpheus folders and registry keys, before you installed Morpheus 5.2.3?
And please tell me more about what you did from you started to you try run Morpheus for connect to the networks!!!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Might be a firewall issue.Seems like a firewall is blocking your Morpheus from making or accepting connections.
If you use software firewall like ZoneAlarm Pro , you need to Morpheus to trusted , and allow to act as server.
Other firewalls like Outpost should have similiar settings and you'll need to change them similiarly.
i have windows firewall but it is disabled due to my av which has its own firewall.
im running windows xp and i havent installed morpheous in years except for the other day. my computer has been cleaned out from all previous installations of all applications*
i personally think it could be my router because i have dsl, and/or my firewall.
if someone can figure it out i have aim and vnc.
i really would love to have morpheous it is the best app ive used, a lot less virus's and etc that limewire frost, etc..
Did you add Morpheus to the firewall exceptions of AV? Add both TCP & UDP exceptions as sub-rules. Make sure Window's firewall is disabled.
Which router brand & model do you use? Answers to these questions would have been a great start: System details - help us to help you -> Provide these details when you post!!!
Well, this is not easy to figur out-until we get the fact on the table for sure.... And thanx to the good Lord of the Rings for provide a verry good list with things we need to now before we can help you out!!! It seems it can be a firewall issue in your router or modem.... If Morpheus had acess to the networks and did not have enny incoming connections, it would have complained to you about it... Please give us some more facts then we will be able to help you out, use the links from the Lord of the Rings in the post above-then give us some more to go on...
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
1. Name and version of your Gnutella program? Morpheus 5.2.3
2. OS version? Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition V 2002 Sp2
3. Is this a your 1st try at using the program or is this a new problem with an experienced user? new problem
4. What firewalls you have? idk
5. How much ram? idk
6. Hard Disk space available? idk
7. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? BitDefender 2009
Your Network Connection: (this information is mostly required for connection problems, but please supply connection type even if not a connection problem)
8. Connection type? Verizon DSL
9. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Model 6100F
10. Where are you trying to connect from? House
11. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Verizon
12. What country are you living in? USA
13. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? uTorrent
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? Idk
15. Has anything in your setup changed recently? Have you updated your program version or Java? Have you added any new software or new hardware? Have you updated any software? Have you moved house, changed internet plan or ISP etc etc.? No
This is gonna be tough to troubleshoot.
Something seem to be blocking Morpheus connections , either Bitdefender firewall or at the router .
Try use Active Ports , this program displays all network connections and programs that are making those connections -
|MG| Active Ports 1.4 Download
After you download ActivePorts , close all browser , message/chat and all other open programs.
Install and run Active Ports ,
then start Morpheus .
In the ActivePorts monitor window , you can verify if Morpheus is listed in active connections and able to make internet connections.