|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|New Feature Requests Your idea for a cool new feature. Or, a LimeWire annoyance that has to get changed.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
|View Poll Results: Should LimeWire have the option to completely disable the Browse Host function?|
|I like to get caught by RIAA||2||3.39%|
|Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
To get some real hard evidence they have to prove that I do really share files...
You don't have to prove that sharing has taken place, only that you arranged things so that such a transfer can take place at the user's will. The fact that your machine pops up when they do a search on titles, alone, says you're sharing those files.
And therein lies the problem. If people don't share, the network doesn't work. If they do, and doing so it's against the law of the country in which they reside they're vulnerable. The solution should be obvious. Since at the moment they're looking only for large scale operations, don't keep thousands of titles in your shared folders.
Personally, I don't know why the government, and the industries, haven't set up thousands of machines all busily offering buggered copies of any file a downloader might want. Since most PC owners haven't the faintest idea of how to delete files these realistic do-nothings would multiply and mask the real copies by sheer volume. Couple that with the vast majority of users who take files but share nothing, and things could come to a grinding halt.
In fact, it may be happening. I've seen evidence of it lately both in film and music.
RIAA ip range
Who's to say they're gonna look from the IP's peerguardian thinks they are?
I think we all have to stay strong and keep sharing and not be afraid of the big bad wolf if we're to stand a chance influencing some real change in the industry.
I'd just like to say, I like that feature and I think it's cool. With the issue of privacy, give me a break, all they know is the IP address, and those darn Bureaucracies can do whatever they want to crack down on people, they have the expertise to do so without using some neat feature that's added in LimeWire....Thank You very much
The RIAA can fall death!
I dont know much about them... But as i have read now... They are people that hates other people sharing music...
Well... If i made a album, with some very good songs ( So i will get in top 10 )... And no-one may download/share my songs... Then ill get in a short time over 1 million euro... And so will others... And is it so hard to make one album? NO! Let people share... Maybe ill get 10.000 euro then... And ill get fans... I go play live... and then i will get more money... and that is how it must be!
Here in europe, we are all like 'We must help the poor people'... But if we all have to buy albums instead of sharing... Then get the artists/bands richs, and the others poor!
I also read that they go after people that have more than 1000 euro on files... But how can u say the worth of the files... if i have 56kb/s music files... well they are not as good as 192kb/s files. Well i havent any 56kb/s files, so i dont know if the quility is so worse than the 192kb/s... but i think u know what i mean...
// Im here more against the RIAA than agree with the 'option to completely disable the Browse Host function'...
Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA#Ef...t_File_Sharing
I also see that they are in America... Well if they ever get control... Come to Europe
And read the german laws, which aren't much better for you.
Much better than not sharing and disabling browse host is to shre free material, because that really hurts the RIAA by strengthening their competition.
I have gathered some free material in the Phex wiki:
But it would be nice if it would be possible to only show selected material in the browse host
-> put this banner into your own signature! <-
Erst im Spiel lebt der Mensch.
Nur ludantaj homoj vivas.
GnuFU.net - Gnutella For Users
Draketo.de - Shortstories, Poems, Music and strange Ideas.
i voted no to blocking host browsing because half of what has appeared on the website lately is full of viruses. as for the industry trying to charge inderviduals for uploading to the website these big money people should push off and leave us alone,why should we pay through the nose for there goods especially as they only cost upto a pound to make but charge an arm and a leg to buy,they are really being greedy. if they do not want us to upload/download there software then they should make there goods cheaper to buy. also i believe if you download something and you like it you are more likely to go and buy it in the long term.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Browse Host function seems less useable lately??||Steve Gill||Download/Upload Problems||2||November 6th, 2006 03:56 PM|
|Browse Host function||Unregistered||New Feature Requests||1||November 29th, 2004 10:26 AM|
|Browse Host function..||aboo||General Discussion||4||November 14th, 2003 12:59 PM|
|Improved browse host function||Unregistered||New Feature Requests||5||August 22nd, 2002 02:43 AM|
|Browse Host Function?||Unregistered||LimeWire Beta Archives||3||January 19th, 2002 07:34 AM|