System details - help us to help you -> Provide these details when you post!!!
Let's make it easy for everyone...the details that we need if we're going to be able to help with complex problems are:
Program and OS:
1. Name and version of your Gnutella program? (examples: Phex 18.104.22.168 or Shareaza v22.214.171.124 or Gnucleus 126.96.36.199 or Gtk-Gnutella 0.96 or Bearshare Lite 5.2.5 or LimeWire 5.1.2 or FrostWire 4.17.2, etc.)
If using Phex, LimeWire or FrostWire which version of Java do you have?
2. OS version? (example: Windows 98)
If using Windows Vista, please tell us whether you have an Administrator user account.
3. Is this a your 1st try at using the program or is this a new problem with an experienced user?
4. What firewalls you have?
5. How much ram?
6. Hard Disk space available? Do you have at least 100MiB of free HD space?
7. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall :)
Your Network Connection: (this information is mostly required for connection problems, but please supply connection type even if not a connection problem)
8. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, satellite, etc.)
9. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? (eg: Linksys WRT54Gv4)
10. Where are you trying to connect from? (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)
11. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
12. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).
13. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?
15. Has anything in your setup changed recently? Have you updated your program version or Java? Have you added any new software or new hardware? Have you updated any software? Have you moved house, changed internet plan or ISP etc etc?
Definitions: p2p = peer to peer = person to person sharing. Bearshare, ShareAza, Phex, Vuse, uTorrent, etc. are all p2p programs.
This information can be vital :D
For instance, some ISPs are known for blocking p2p/throttling bandwidth, some connection devices are known for being unreliable in certain situations.
So please, help us to help you & provide as much info as you can.
If you're new to using the program or new to computers & aren't sure how to answer some questions, or don't know what an ISP or router is - just say so. Nobody's going to yell at you ;)
Even if you can't answer all the questions in one go...don't worry. Do the best you can & we'll take it from there.
Abbreviations used on this forum
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2013 Gnutella Forums.
All Rights Reserved.