|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
If you feel there is a big problem in 2.4.4 it is your problem and I don't give a ***
>If you feel there is a big problem in 2.4.4 it is your problem and I
>don't give a ****.
Well it figures from a handle like
I would get this type of response.
What kind of sick F*** are you using Taliban as a handle anyway?
Again I hope your not a staffer for this program.
If so I would understand why the current version of the program has so many problems.
I stated very civil that I believe that their is a "BIG PROBLEM" in 2.44.
My understanding is the purpose of these forums are to air these type of issues.
What are you about 12 years old or something? This is the type of response I would expect from a child trying to express their displeasure in getting caught in a point they couldn't defend.
My advise to you is stay off of limewire and read a book and build up your vocabulary.
Can anyone block this handle name? I find it very offensive considering 9/11 and the fact we are at war with these people.
Could a real staffer please respond to this....
[Four other identical posts from this person have been deleted due to flooding]
Last edited by KathW; June 17th, 2002 at 11:43 AM.
Well, first of all, the internet is not at war with anyone.
2. flaming people for their spelling is lower than low.
3. I'm not twelve years old (yet).
4. Flooding forums is sooo not cool.
5. If somebody is whining about "I wanna have 90 connections to ultrapeers with limewire so I can leech of the network, it's not fair of the developers not to let me, if I wanna use up other people's connection slots on ultrapeers it's my business.", it's very hard for me remain civil. - Well, blame me for telling you to go an **** yourself, - I couldn't care less.
And don't make me lose any additional words on 9/11, you wouldn't like what I'd write.
Your what is wrong with Limewire and the world.
You started it. But I'll finish it.
You attacked me just like the Taliban attacked our county.
Without warning and without reason.
So you could say we are at a war of words.
Therefore all is fair in war.....
And fair to respond in this forum.
>Well, first of all, the internet is not at war with anyone.
Yes they are. We have been at war for some time.
Just most people that are (not in the know) don't realize it.
When the system's I administer are under continuously attack from the Internet, I would call that war.
But that is another issue. Let's stick to the discussion at hand.
>2. flaming people for their spelling is lower than low.
I was making a point. If you are going to start a flame for no reason use correct spelling.
>3. I'm not twelve years old (yet).
Maybe your 30 and just act like 12? Another possibly. But how much more pathetic is that?
>4. Flooding forums is sooo not cool.
The hope was to get someone in the high-up in the (program) to read this and can your a**.
And again all is fair in war.....
>5. If somebody is whining about "I wanna have 90 connections
>to ultrapeers with limewire so I can leech of the network, it's >not fair of the developers not to let me, if I wanna use up other >people's connection slots on ultrapeers it's my business.", it's >very hard for me remain civil. - Well, blame me for telling you to >go an **** yourself, - I couldn't care less.
If this is the attitude that the program developers have, this marks the high water mark for Limewire and it will lose its status and its place among this kind of software.
I don't want to believe that this is the case but without further comment by someone in the program.......
We come to this forum to express our views and problems with the software.
If the standard answer is going to be F*** you Mr. users....
>And don't make me lose any additional words on 9/11, you >wouldn't like what I'd write.
No please write what you like. I think most people would like to know what you would say.
Your own words make my points better than I.
As an ex Airborne Pathfinder (U.S.Army) and a vet of Dessert Storm and an American, I think from what you have said so far, I know what you would say and what you are.
At worst you are Taliban, during a time of war is a high crime. Stay where you are. Someone will be along for you shortly.
At best you are a sympathizer. Which again during a time of war is a high crime in my country. So if you are "in country" Again just stay right where you are. Someone will be along for you shortly.
Just to refresh everyone, some of you at this point may be asking, what does this have to do with Limewire....
If this guy is a program member / programmer for Limewire, I think it's very relevant.
As an American ex-military citizen, It is still my duty to protect my country from these kind of people and not support my countries enemy's.
And if that means not using Limewire and letting other people know why they shouldn't use it to, then so be it.
Again if you are a Limewire program member?
How is the money spent that I paid for the pro version?
I mean does part or all of my money go to the Taliban?
I mean with a handle like that.....
Why would someone even use such a handle?
Is this a Limewire user forum or your own someone's personal political soap box?
My advise is someone within the program better get their head on and fix the software and fix "Taliban" as a program member.
Maybe as a patriotic gesture I should forward a copy of this message to the FBI.
Maybe the Limewire staff are people we should keep an eye on?
Again I ask someone in the chain of command at Limewire to kick and block the user handle "Taliban".
Re: Your what is wrong with Limewire and the world.
Why? Do you enjoy wasting the FBI's time, time that could be spent protecting America from its enemies?
You wouldn't want to do that would you... unless YOU'RE one of the enemies!!
Well, get used to it. Welcome to interacting in public.
Re: Your what is wrong with Limewire and the world.
Last edited by Taliban; June 18th, 2002 at 01:46 AM.
Thanks for the laugh guys, it's been a boring afternoon and this was a great diversion for a minute or two.
Funny how keen people are to escalate a discussion about LameWire and turn it into a political debate. I've seen lots of bizzarre stuff on the net, but this is a clasic!
Dumbo's Flight School
Roamerick has got it right.............
Why don't you dumbos just cool it right now, or say bye bye to the whole thread?
This thread will NOT be permitted to continue in the direction it has taken.
Everybody say sorry for the misunderstandings or shut up.
Fusion for REAL!--CDex 1.51--Wackyuses--Bitzi - Check Files Before Download !--.mp3 File Name Change Problems? Try Rename-It!--Alternate PORTS--Avast- Anti-Virus--WindowWasher--IrfanView--PC Pitstop - Test your PC !--Mac OSX Troubleshooting--GO .ape ! - For 'Lossless' Audio Compression--Port :6346 - Test If It Is 'Blocked'--Cole2k Codecs--OldVersion - Newer isn't always better !
Nod32 - Free Virus Scan: Use ESET's Online Antivirus Scanner
Sunni in places, Shi'ite in others...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Connection problem? or download problem? help!||Mich_in_NJ||Connection Problems||5||November 25th, 2006 03:05 PM|
|Download problem(Disk Problem)||kevoz||Download/Upload Problems||0||December 22nd, 2005 02:00 PM|
|Please Check Out The Information Needed To Give Me A Solution To My Problem???||dicko69||General Windows Support||1||November 6th, 2005 03:12 PM|
|Help... i'm new!! 100% downloads give 'disc problem'||sugaplumfaerie69||Windows||6||September 14th, 2005 06:34 PM|
|Same problem.....more ppl please respond to my freezing problem!!||bomb13||General Windows Support||3||August 7th, 2005 03:06 PM|