|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
LimeWire vs. Shareaza??.... thoughts?, opinions?
Sorry for the long-winded post, but if you could bear with it, any opinions would be much appreciated.
I've been a LimeWire user now for about a month, I'm presently using version 2.5.5 Pro on a WIN XP Pro platform... So far, for the most part, I've been pleased....
- The clean, uncluttered look & function of the interface.
- The stability...(XP hasn't complained no matter how long I leave the app running).
- The lack of spyware & adware!!! A must in my book... wouldn't even consider a P2P client bundled with spyware & garbage!
I am however, quite dissappointed in the search results and the lack of robust network connectivity!! It seems obvious that LW favors connecting mostly to other LW peers, thus eliminating a signifigant portion of the network!!!
I've recently been reading about a relatively new P2P client named Shareaza! claiming to have the most robust features and network connectivity of any other Gnutella client!... This coming from users who have used many of the P2P clients!! Shareaza also claims to be void of spyware and ads... and is completely free!
So, given all of this... I'd have to admit that Shareaza certainly sounds like a very tempting alternative to LimeWire...
I haven't installed and experimented with Shareaza yet... but before I do, I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with Shareaza, and could give me some comparative, unbiased feedback / opinions.
Can Shareaza truly be all it is claimed to be... without any drawbacks???
Sounds too good to be true huh...
Thanks again for your time.
Last edited by rutro; September 13th, 2002 at 04:46 AM.
Re: LimeWire vs. Shareaza??.... thoughts?, opinions?
Hey... let's take a calm pill
OK.... well so much for hoping that the members of this board could be solicited for unbiased, non-derogatory, constructive opinions....
From the "tone" of Krieger's response, I see this person has choosen a somewhat combative reply, and obviously completely missed the point!!
Yes, I agree that LW will connect to other peers, but I don't believe the rest of the above quote is 100% correct!
Perhaps I did come to the wrong place.... maybe I would have received a more cordial and diplomatic reply if I had posted this on the Shareaza forum.
Last edited by rutro; September 13th, 2002 at 04:47 AM.
I regularly use both shareaza and LW and don't think its at all easy to say which is best - shareaza is clean fast and in my experience yields the wider range of search results - on the other hand LW is very stable, well designed and yields just as many succesful downloads
shareaza has some very cute features such as the "hit monitor" screen which shows all the "close but not exact" search matches which has led to some very fine discoveries and the "search again" option which doesn't clear the previous search results the way LW does
on the other hand - the latest versions of shareaza has even more slippery ultrapeer connections than LW which can be very irritating at times - but - on the other hand the ultrapeers shareaza connects to are very much more diverse than those LW connects to (hence the wider range of search results I guess - I never realised just how many p2p clients existed)
downloads are possibly marginally faster with shareaza (for me on a dial-up anyway) than is the case with LW and I definetly find the requery/reconnect function better in shareaza
on the other hand - LW has a stability and reliability that is not quite there yet with shareaza
sooooo - I keep using them both - they seem the pick of the bunch to me and even though I think shareaza is a strong contender - my "desert island" choice is still LW
so thats my 2 cents worth - bad_vlad
PS - love the fish/file animation Peerless
Another Thank You....
Another thank you goes out to bad_vlad....
and now I have another 2 cents of very valuable info!
I never knew 4 cents could be worth so much!!!
Thanks again to bad-vlad and Peerless....
Last edited by rutro; September 13th, 2002 at 04:45 AM.
love it - happy_vlad
Last edited by rutro; September 13th, 2002 at 04:45 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|your thoughts on this...||wang0542||Download/Upload Problems||0||September 15th, 2003 09:42 AM|
|RIAA thoughts||JKD_Master||General Gnutella / Gnutella Network Discussion||8||September 9th, 2003 05:19 AM|
|Some Thoughts on Gnucleus||Z7895123Z||Gnucleus (Windows)||4||April 13th, 2002 06:32 PM|