|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Alright, this is giving me a headache, whenever i look at my limewire, like at my music.. all of my songs are in red, and i have no idea how to get them back to black and they give me reaalllyyy bad headaches. can you please tell me how to get them back to black? please?
Hi I have a problem about limewire. I cannot connect to limewire or any other p2p networks. This started to happen after i had a power outage for about 1 second which my computer closed down. I have windows XP service pack 2, I have windows firewall, mcafee and norton anti-virus scan, I also have a router connecting to a printer and 3 computers, and i have enough disk space and i have mcafee spamkiller , security center and, privacy center. how come i cannot connect to limewire? Can you also tell me how to recover your computer te way it was after you downloaded the windows xp pro program without using the windows xp cd? Thanks!!! please reply to "Edited - Deleted e-mail"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own.
Last edited by fabion; August 30th, 2005 at 10:57 AM.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm a complete newbie. I was wondering, I'm really happy to share any files that I've downloaded from Limewire but I don't want to download any other files from mydocuments etc. Will Limewire only access the file it set up in installation to get files or does it have access to my entire hard drive? I just followed the instructions for installation and it never asked me to approve files for sharing.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Re: how to change file extension
and if you want to ask this there if it is not answered, that might get a response. Please take care where you post as it is a big group of forums and things get lost!
Re: File sharing
What you should do is go to Limewire's options or preferences>saving and you will see where your downloads are being saved. Then go to options or preferences >sharing and you will see a list of folders you are sharing. I have a feeling there should be one and it should be the same as your save folder. If it is not you can change it. After changing anything in preferences, make sure you click apply, and OK.
When you are sure what folder or folders, if you chose to add any others, are being shared, nothing apart from them will be available to be seen or uploaded by anyone else.
I hope that helps.
Re: i am so confused
I Presume you are referring to ''MP3'' files, but could be MP4, WAV,
ect.. Go to ''Start'', Search, All Files and Folders, All or Part of a file Name, and type in: *.''ext'' where ext. is the extension of the file your interested in ie *.mp3, *.mpg, *.wav ect.
When the search is done right click on the file of interest and select "open containing file".
This will open the folder where the files are located.
Re: Re: File sharing
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Only A Hobo
[B]What you should do is go to Limewire's options or preferences>saving and you will see where your downloads are being saved. Then go to options or preferences >sharing and you will see a list of folders you are sharing. I have a feeling there should be one and it should be the same as your save folder.
this is good info.... if you go to tools > options > saving (it's the 1st page usually) it shows you what hard drive and the file name where your files are being saved (default is c:\program files\ limewire\shared limewire .... I have moved mine, i believe it was here) this page should show you where to look for any downloads thru limewire since you have to download to the folders listed...
and for those who do not want to share.... if you are really on a 56k modem.... i wouldnt share due to speeds but it would be nice if you moved your files to another folder so they dont show up when qued for... i allow 5 slots and 2 per person since i have good speed.... the law is the law and like glass it was made to be pushed from time to time .....
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|If You Stopped Sharing & Now Cannot Find Your Shared Folder, READ THIS !||ursula||Download/Upload Problems||20||January 27th, 2009 12:43 PM|
|If You Stopped Sharing & Now Cannot Find Your Shared Folder, READ THIS !||ursula||General Windows Support||7||September 28th, 2004 05:02 AM|
|Accidently clicked on stop sharing on my shared folder and i cant find it||element_sk8r_1990||Download/Upload Problems||2||February 25th, 2004 02:48 PM|
|sharing from iTunes folder or shared folder?||sivadog||Download/Upload Problems||0||January 17th, 2003 09:50 AM|
|I can't find my files after they are downloaded, there is no shared folder.||Punker4Life111||Download/Upload Problems||1||June 8th, 2002 03:35 AM|