|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
hey fellas i am new .few things to ask.
how do i know that a particular file name is a original print like in dvd movies such as,
secondly i am always on the move ,dont know how to search local data ,for example i am in Dubai and come to China and want to search Dubai local data,tried hard but no luck.
my written english is very bad i know that i apologise for that.
There's no page here for downloading music...this is a help forum only. Do you have LW installed? If not, download Java first from this link: Java SE Downloads
Use the JRE offline installer & remove any other Java versions installed (via add/remove programs) before you install this one.
Next, use this link to download LW: http://www9.limewire.com/download/LimeWireWin-full.exe
Once you've installed LW, read through the User Guide - LimeWire and Frequently Asked Questions - LimeWire
And if you already have LW installed, check out this thread for info about adding files to iTunes & iPod: How to transfer music to my iPod (& iTunes)
Please let us know which OS you're using, so we can move your post to a better place
hey murasame can u do 1 quick calculation for me plleease, i waana make sure i hav it all right. I have a Broadband connection with upload of 256kb/s and download of 2000kb/s. What do u suggest my limewire PRO setings shud b. Thanx man u ROCK!!!
Browsers in general do not need much bandwidth, so I'd suggest you could give 80+% of the tested speed results to upload & downloading in LW.
I personally find the more bandwidth I give upload, for some odd reason the faster my downloads go. But my upload speed is up around 90 KB/s (around 750 kbs). I give maximum upload, it does not seem to affect my browsing, however it might for some people on slower ISP bandwidth plans.
First of all, can you please post your system details (click on link): System details - help us to help you -> Provide these details when you post!!!
Also, have you tried using any other Gnutella clients?
Are you trying to connect during peak times or off peak?
Do you have HughesNet security (includes Zone Alarm firewall)?
If you have been able to use LW in the past without a problem (with HughesNet) & depending on whether you're using LW 4 or LW 5, there are various fixes to try.
If LW 5 Will Not Connect
If LW 4 Will Not Connect
Hughesnet connection -thanx for response
So glad you responded, I included my info this time at the bottom.
I tried the LW 4 fixed that you suggested.
I still have only 1 bar and the brick wall showing.
I must be missing a step or something
I am connecting during peak times -sat aft., after work
I don't believe I have gone over my 24 hr download allowance.
(haven't been able to really connect.
I will call Hughesnet regarding security right now.
I have never used LW on Hughesnet before
Thanks for any more help
Mac G4 OSX 0.4.11
router config: UPnP
download 550 kbps up to 1.0 mbps
upload up to 299 kbps
(they do throttle if u go over yr 24 hr allowance)
Last edited by JEWELZ; April 9th, 2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: forgot something
What is the brand & model of your modem/router?
Did you try changing to a higher port number (ie between 49152 - 65535)?
Have you tried connecting off peak?
Are you using the OS X firewall? There's info here for OS X users as well as Windows: Setting up an exception for LimeWire in your software firewall
Hi,I`ve just insatalled Limewire Pirate and cannot connect to the network.I`ve done the exception thing in Windows and on my anti-virus.I`m running WindowsXP and have a spped of 120MB.Every other programs I use connect to the internet straight away.....PLEASE HELP.Many thanks in advance.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/open-discussion-topics/27036-few-things-consider-while-configuring-limewire-optimal-performance.html
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - low speeds||This thread||Refback||March 9th, 2012 06:37 PM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - download speed||This thread||Refback||May 4th, 2011 10:12 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - My connecyion is very slow||This thread||Refback||April 21st, 2011 07:06 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Uploads taking up too much bitrate||This thread||Refback||March 21st, 2011 05:46 AM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||January 7th, 2011 06:50 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|need help !!!! I need help configuring limewire!||jakebrooks||Getting Started Using LimeWire||1||January 17th, 2007 03:14 PM|
|Limewire Optimal Performance Settings||2pac_77||Getting Started Using LimeWire||3||October 18th, 2006 04:29 PM|
|Need Help Configuring Limewire Pro||mohsen||Connection Problems||0||October 3rd, 2006 07:55 AM|
|Configuring Limewire Pro with Router||macca123||Connection Problems||2||April 16th, 2006 08:02 AM|