|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
close shave with a scammer
i recently had a run in with a company calling themselves
"fullsoftwaredownload.net" who it turns out were passing off an old version of limewire as there own and try to bill me for the privlage.
they were so sly, they even had the balls to cover it up using a falls tab.
i am british and am wondering who in terms of a watch dog i can notify(it could be trading standards, i dont know) could somebody enlighten us?
watch out for this site. it is very subtle.
Hate to have make this admission as my intro to the forum, but I fell "hook, line & sinker" for this scam and then spent almost 2 days clicking every possible link, icon etc to try and find out what I was getting for my money - only to find out, as you rightly say, all the recommended downloads were free on their respective webpages!
Am I permitted to name the "scammer" in this forum?
Anyway. looking forward to getting a lot (of much needed, I may add) help from all of you out there.
Cheers - Somerled
Thanks for the welcome, "Only A Hobo". The scammer I suspect I fell foul of, and I hope that someone may be able to assure me that I was wrong, was "MovieAdvanced.com - as recommended by "PaulSolutions".
My only consultation is that I opted to pay through PayPal so my Visa card is safe unless the PayPal option was a scam too!
Look forward to cheerier chats in the future.
Cheers - Somerled
Heres'a another scam site : http://free******ccess.com/
It is listed as a top download site at reviewsdotcom http://www.reviewsdotcom.com/games.htm
Once you become a member, and after allowing them to charge your credit card, you can download 360Share Pro.
When you try to cancel your membership you realize you can't do it. Contacting their support doesn't work. Support email link re-directs to a non-related site. I suspect the support phone numbers don't work either.
I got a surprize when I read LordOfTheRings scammerpage.
I have fallen for it as well.
About 1 1/2 years ago I joined thedownloadplace.com paying 29.95 for their downloadapplication. I discovered LimeWire after that and slowly stopped using it. but in their defence I found music on there that I couldn't find on LimeWire, it was just alot slower than LimeWire.
LimeWire has come a long way since then I think
A Bell should start ringing in your head when you got the recommendation from a site called reviewsdotcom.com
scammed on this link?
The link I downloaded the software from where I paid for PRO and did not get it (and also paid for a "lifetime membership") was www.Limewire-software.com. I did not read through this entire thread because it's kinda long.........but anyone know if this is an official Limewire site or not?
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/open-discussion-topics/28751-membership-warning-beware-download-p2p-clients-only-thru-official-sites.html
|Why Is Wearing Scottish Kilts Important?||This thread||Trackback:||February 1st, 2011 03:00 AM|
|Spam Links - fake stores||This thread||Refback||August 26th, 2010 09:08 AM|
|Movie Download Scam Sites :: Article year 2009/10 - Free Niche Guide.||This thread||Refback||August 6th, 2010 06:18 PM|
|Movie Download Scam Sites | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak||This thread||Refback||August 4th, 2010 03:24 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Membership? - **WARNING ** BEWARE** - Download p2p Clients ONLY Thru Official Sites||Kforcat||General Mac OSX Support||106||April 29th, 2010 08:07 AM|
|Membership? - **WARNING ** BEWARE** - Download p2p Clients ONLY Thru Official Sites||Kforcat||General Windows Support||131||September 27th, 2008 02:46 AM|
|Membership? - **WARNING ** BEWARE** - Download p2p Clients ONLY Thru Official Sites||Kforcat||General Linux Support||105||October 18th, 2006 02:43 AM|
|Membership? - **WARNING ** BEWARE** - Download p2p Clients ONLY Thru Official Sites||Kforcat||General Mac OSX Support||101||June 27th, 2005 04:48 AM|