|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Transfewr to IPod
thanks for your message Peerless...but unfortunately there was no other response ...hate to sound dumb ..but what blue bar in the upper right ??? I opened the open forum widow..went to my message and no response other than yours
could you be more specific please...much appreciated
thanks for the reply Silver...for some reason I can't get the songs saved while in Limewire to transfer to iTunes.
I click on the shared file...then save as ...name the file...click OK..but I can't find the file when I repoen My Music for example.
I would appreciate the steps to get the file saved then transfered
Transfering music to an iPod.
thanks for the reply Harty...not sure I understood your answer though...I have the songs in a Limewire Library...my problem is getting them saved in some file...then getting them transfered to my iPod library.
I go to shared files...then click "open as" ...name the file with in MY Music directory ...limewirw1 for example...click OK...when I try to reopen the directory there is no limewire file.
Got any thoughts
Go to iTunes menu bar, Edit menu -> Preferences -> Advanced & see what your iTunes importing location is. Do you have the option clicked to Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to Library ? It is safest if you have it checked for yes. ('Keep iTunes Music Folder Organised', was once a good option, however the new iTunes auto adds numbers (previously optional) to the song file each time you adjust it & may end up with a file titled, 03 03 03 03 (title) which is ridiculous. Other problems also involved with this now buggy 'Keep ... folder organised' function.)
(image of Missing Songs)
! means iTunes is unable to find the file. O.o _ The files need to be properly added to iTunes music folder before they can be transfered to iPod.
Some people get confused with the LimeWire playlist they see in iTunes and think the actual files have been transfered to iTunes. That's not the case, a playlist is simply a document that points the player to where the songs are, in this case the LW download folder. Your Downloads location. (If you set up a custom location to download music files to, go to LW's menu bar, Tools > Options > Saving & see which directory location it shows.)
(a) Is a shared Library for iTunes. It simply shows the LW download folder where the song files are. This playlist can be shared over a LAN network. (b) The LW Playlist is simply a playlist which points iTunes to where to find the songs to play them to check them before adding to iTunes. This playlist cannot be burnt, only played. These songs are not within the iTunes Music folder. In order to do that, see below. Do NOT delete any music files until you have properly ADDED them to the iTunes Music library, please follow instructions carefully, it's not difficult.
There is a number of ways you can get the songs into iTunes library:
* LimeWire 5 can automatically add files to your iTunes now. In LW go Tools > Options > My Files. Scroll down to iTunes section & click Configure button. Tick the box to automatically add files to iTunes > click ok. Now when you finish a download, iTunes will open & you'll see the new file being added. Once the files are in your iTunes, you can add them to playlists or transfer them to your iPod. This option is now equivalent to how the process has worked for Mac OSX users for many years. See sample image here for LW 5 (click to see attachment):
Note: The auto-adding of songs to iTunes 'might' stop working after a long or busy session of using LW. Answer is to go to options, disable iTunes option, press apply button, then enable it again (you may need to exit options window & return before enabling it again). This should fix it. If not, restart both LW & iTunes.
To add music files manually to iTunes, see below:
* A 1st iTunes File menu > Add to Library... & select the songs to add. Hold SHIFT key for selecting multiple songs.
* B Drag & drop the songs onto iTunes Library icon above the playlists. This can be via your Saved Files or Shared folders or directly via LW's Library window, though this may depend on version of LW you are using.
* C Create a Playlist within LW. Save it with a unique name & as an m3u file. Then import that playlist into iTunes. Then go to iTunes menu >Advanced>Consolidate Library. This will copy the actual files to iTunes own library folders.
* D Launch your new songs from LW's Library>Saved Files folder whilst iTunes is your default player. Once iTunes opens it will copy the songs to its music library. But make sure LW's media player is disabled & also, iTunes menu>Preferences>Advanced & 'Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library' option is ticked! LW's menu bar>Tools>Options>Player & uncheck option to enable LW's media player. Setting default audio program
Also see these - iTunes Tutorial: iTunes Tutorial
iPod Tutorial: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorial/index.html (see bottom of post#14 below for video tutorials.)
(* Don't get confused if you see the LimeWire playlist in iTunes. It is simply a playlist which can be played but not copied or burnt & the song files still exist in your LW download folder. So follow the instructions here to properly add them to iTunes Library.)
* A The most obvious way to add files to your iTunes Music Folder directly is via using the Control & O keys. Hold down the SHIFT key to select more than one file at once; the example shows how to add via the Add control & select multiple files at one time.
(click to see larger view)
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 19th, 2010 at 01:06 AM.
* B 1. For LW 5: Select the audio file in the LW Library via clicking on that tab, then selecting that file in the list. Right-click the file & choose Locate on Disk & it will take you directly to the file. You can then drag & drop from there onto iTunes Music Library icon on top left side of iTunes window.
(If using LW 5, see Using LimeWire 5 to find your files on your computer using 'Locate File on Disk', however in LW 5 you can set in Option settings to allow iTunes to automatically import songs into its music library.)
For LW 4: You can select Saved Files folder in LW & press Explore button & the folder will open up for you. Then you can drag & drop songs from there to iTunes 'Library' icon above the playlists. Select multiple files at once by holding down the SHIFT key as you select them. * This is by far the best & most efficient technique of adding music files to iTunes. If music files will not add to iTunes as shown, then they have either been previously added, else the files are fakes/corrupt.
But be aware iTunes can only import mp3 & m4a/mp4 files. iTunes cannot import wma (it can convert wma files), real player files, mp3pro, flac or ape files. iTunes can only import Ogg Vorbis files 'if' a 3rd party plug-in is installed.
(click to see larger view)
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 29th, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
* B 2. Whilst you can drag & drop songs from the desktop to iTunes, you can also drag & drop them directly from LW's Library window. _ (click image below to see larger view) __ (* Warning: this technique may not work properly with some LW 4 versions. But does need to be done from the correctly chosen folder.)
With LW 5, you will not see any drag animation however the iTunes Music Library icons will highlight blue once you have dragged the files to it.
Using LW 5: __________ ... (with LW 4:)
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 29th, 2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Updated for LW 5
Unless somebody wishes to correct me, Adding a folder to iTunes also requires consolidation.
(click image to see larger view) Note: this is an older iTunes option which may no longer apply.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 11th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/open-discussion-topics/36230-how-transfer-music-my-ipod-itunes.html
|Ipod Shuffle Import Music Cd - Gadgetbirds||This thread||Refback||June 6th, 2012 01:51 AM|
|Muziek downloaden vanaf IPod Touch||This thread||Refback||September 2nd, 2011 07:43 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - How to burn a CD||This thread||Refback||April 21st, 2011 02:42 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - cant put shared songs into ipod||This thread||Refback||April 19th, 2011 10:32 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - transferring music?||This thread||Refback||March 21st, 2011 08:02 PM|
|Why won't it let me transfer my songs that I put on iTunes from frostwire to my iPod touch? | ChaCha Answers||This thread||Refback||December 1st, 2010 02:18 PM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||November 16th, 2010 04:58 AM|
|How do i transfer my playlist.com songs to my itunes? | ChaCha Answers||This thread||Refback||November 3rd, 2010 04:46 PM|
|how do you put songs on your ipod using limewire||This thread||Refback||October 22nd, 2010 08:09 AM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||October 10th, 2010 03:13 PM|
|Best Way - How to Get Limewire Songs Onto an iPod | eHow.com||This thread||Refback||September 11th, 2010 05:58 PM|
|Moteur de recherche : Web, Photos, Videos, Voyages, Encyclopédie||This thread||Refback||August 15th, 2010 05:12 PM|
|iTunes on perseest! - Mikseri.net||This thread||Refback||August 6th, 2010 03:20 PM|
|How do i transfer songs from limewire to itunes on Mac OSX? I've tried everything but nothing is working.||This thread||Refback||August 5th, 2010 07:11 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|ipod reverse music transfer||pinkminigal||Tips & Tricks||18||January 2nd, 2010 06:27 PM|
|Cannot transfer my limewire library to itunes or ipod...||Taylor Davis||Tips & Tricks||21||March 28th, 2009 07:23 AM|
|transfer music to iPod shuffle||annie p||Download/Upload Problems||0||May 28th, 2005 01:27 PM|
|How to transfer music to my iPod (& iTunes)||Paul Clark||Tips & Tricks||24||March 27th, 2005 01:35 PM|
|How to Transfer Music to iTunes & iPod, & using Limewire's Playlists||Lord of the Rings||General Windows Support||0||February 24th, 2005 10:54 AM|