|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Just curious but what kind of a program are you talking about that is the size of these viruses 851.7 Kb or 69.4 even a small spread sheet is larger than that. And Sphinx is quite right the only place these files show up is in software searches. The only thing that is that small is a crack.
Now why would someone search for a crack? Humph could it be that they don't have a license and therefore have stolen the software and it wont work.
What better way is there to spread a virus than human greed. You statements do no hold water CrazyDawg and DL software without a license is illegal here in the US.
And by the way we are volunteers and your opinion of people in here really doesn't matter. Sphinx has helped many in this forum a hell of allot more than I can say for you. All I can say you have done is criticize someone else who helps others.
Please fell free to be rid of LimeWire and this forum.
Have a good day.
thanks grandpa, they just dont want to learn, they sit there and bitch that limewire gave them a virus. when in fact, they gave it to themselves all I will add is, you the users are making the viruses spread in gnutella just by downloading it. good luck, all I can say is the hackers job is getting easier and easier.
good luck newbies, even if you download a working version, you will need a working serial number, good luck finding one and good luck installing the crack.
Hackers are loving you for it.
Before i answer your post Grandpa i would like to start out with oine to Sphinx.
Sphinx in my last post i WAS rude to you and for that i apologise.
I'm not normally like that but at the time i read your post some RL issues had put me in a bad mood which didn't help because i vented on you and not the persons that were to blame for it.
Again i am very sorry for my rudeness towards you.
Now Grandpa, you might find this strange but one program that i know of is less than 800 kb in size. Let me explain that it can be used as a plugin or stand alone. Also you will find many files that are used for 3d models that are under 800 kb in size which also makes it dangerous for anyone getting them from a p2p program like limewire.
Cracks, well anyone that downloads cracks in my books derserves to get a virus. Most people that i have talked to over the years that have downloaded cracks have at sometime placed a virus/trojan or spyware on their computer.
Grandpa downloading pirate copies of software is also illegal here in Australia. I mainly download software(none pirate copies) that is used in 3d imaging and try it out. If i like the program and find it will be of use i go to the site or the nearest dealer to me and but it. I use limewire for this because being on a dialup trying to download a file that is 15mb or bigger off the net is behond a joke.
After i had calmed down and worked for near on 2 hours on one image i am doing i re-installed limewire. why blame a program or those involved in it for my bad mood
Aha yes photo shop plug-ins well I guess they could be called software since some will work as stand alone applications I myself use allot of plug-ins. My wife loves them since she can reverse time with them . I guess I stand corrected but I personally do not remember seeing any that small in size.
Thank you for apologizing to Sphinx and I apologize if I offended you.
ok look heres an easier to tell what file size you are downloading heres a quick guide for newbies:
software, games file size is: xxx,xxx,xxx megs replace with numbers. yes, even larger now if you all think a piece of software is the size of 851.7kbs then you flunked math.
movies: 600-700 megs. and over depending on the file extension.
music: 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. megs.
trojans/worms/viruses: 851.7kb or 69.4kb.
there, hope this will give you a remote idea of just how large these files are that you're trying to dl.
no need to defend me Grandpa, Im used to sparing on forums.
For all of you having trouble with the worm that has infected some of the zipped files within Limewire - I downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy, and Adware (free downloads), and between the two I got my system cleaned up. Problem I had was Limewire was continually re-loading and somehow I received an untold number of zipped movie files, (wish I could have trusted them because some of the titles were of some pretty cool movies)!! ANYWAY, these two got the job done. Norton or Microsoft Antivirus and Spyware programs kept telling me my system was clean and it was NOT!
Hey gang, newbie here..not very computer literate...so, mp3's that i dl on limewire can actually be viruses? I was under the impression that mp3's were safe..of course I know nothing about this stuff..thanks for any advice.
you cannot get viruses from mp3 files. they are not executable. beware of files that are executable like .EXE, .COM, .VBS, .DLL, .SCR, etc..
small list of safe extensions:
.zip / .rar / .tar/.gz (but beware of the contents inside archive)
.html (but beware of the contents. you never know what script could be hidden in one of these.)
.mpg ; .mpeg
.jpg ; .jpeg
.bin/.cue (beware of contents inside archive)
-= Extensions I would never download unless im absolutely, positively sure that it was a clean file =-
.sys / .ini / .reg / .key (harmless really, but it could have a dangerous script inside)
i know i am missing alot of other extensions, but eh. basically you should limit your downloading to only media files and archives. and avoid .wma / .wmv files at all cost. and always keep your antivirus definitions up-to-date (if you dont have a virus scanner, i recommend AVG, get it for free here: (free.grisoft.com).
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Warning About Trojans On Fake I.p.||Arquis||Open Discussion topics||1||April 3rd, 2007 11:23 PM|
|Warning about virus and spyware found on Gnutella||MttFrog13||General Gnutella / Gnutella Network Discussion||5||August 24th, 2005 05:56 PM|
|Warning about spyware and virus found on Gnutella||MttFrog13||General P2P Network Discussion||1||August 24th, 2005 05:50 PM|
|A warning to most of you who think your safe from adware / spyware||someguy03||Open Discussion topics||2||February 24th, 2004 02:38 AM|
|As bad as spyware/trojans||Unregistered||General Gnutella / Gnutella Network Discussion||1||January 3rd, 2002 09:23 AM|