|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
This is either some sort of network spam, or my version of LimeWire has a virus. Its odd that almost no one else is reporting this.
I'm having the exact same symptons as you are! Please some help, it's slowing my search results, shopwing nothing but spam porn ¬¬
EDIT: I just ran Ad-aware and it's still comming up with weird results
Last edited by Fireblend; August 13th, 2005 at 04:17 PM.
I am having the same problem. It started last night. No matter what search I do it brings up all these wmv porn things. I didn't know what was wrong so I deleted my Limewire program and downloaded and installed it again. But it still has the problem. There has to be something we can do.
4 or 5 hours ago I typed [name of artist]albw into the general search (usually I use the audio search) and got a pile of multi hosted mpeg(as I recall) files with no relation to my search whatsoever. there does seem to be some clever spamming going on
I have this exact same problem, and so does my partner (on a seperate computer in a seperate location).
Every video search brings up results with the following titles:
- smoking teenager sl*t getting (...)
- watch me f* my sl*tty teenager girlfriend (...)
- lusty 19 year old teenager (...)
- the c*mshot my teenager girlfriend never thought would (...)
- very s*xy teenager does ******l insertion (...)
- dorm room s*x with super hot coed teenager
The list goes on, but the results are always the same. There's about 20 separate filenames that keep coming up and they are always the same size (although this size may vary from serach to search)
I have been dealing with it by organizing search results by filesize, as the files are always too small to be any tYpe of genuine result. But I'd still like to know if there is a way to block them. They annoy me, and I don't feel like looking at "HOTTT HOTTT HOTT TEENAGERS BLAAAARGH!!!" every time I search for movies.
Filter them out then. Use your Keyword filters. For LW 4 or FrostWire, Go to LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>Filters>Keywords & add the words .wmv & .jpg & remember you can add or remove keyword filters anytime so long as you use the Apply button. Also tick the Ignore Adult Content. See sample image: Adding to your Keyword Filter (click on this blue link). This includes instructions for both LW 4 & 5.
If you're using LW 5, you'll find the keyword filter in a different place. LW's menu bar, Tools > Options > Search, OR (if using LW 5.3 or earlier) tools > options > security. . . Click on the 'Filter Keywords' button. Now add whatever keywords to the list & click ok. Can add extensions separately in that section. Once that page has closed, click ok on the larger options page as well. (See sample image for LW 5 in above link)
Any extensions you add to the LW 5 extension filter will also prevent you sharing files with such file extensions. Instead you can use the keyword filter with a dot in front of it, example: .wma
You might want to add a few more keywords such as slut, teenager, etc.
A full list of terms you can add to the filter to eradicate porn search results: click on Text attachment below called BANNED_WORDS. (This file will open up formatted properly in WordPad & TextEdit, do NOT open the text document in Notepad!!!)
(be wary of some of these words, they may clash with what you are searching for, so they can be added & removed as you need.)
The filter-words from the following page link have already been added to the text attachment below: Keywords worth adding to your Keyword Filter. These words include different types of spam: porn, advertisements, trojan-music/videos, etc.
Click attachment to download. Open with WordPad or TextEdit or a superior word processing program! (Reiterating, do not open the text document with Notepad! Notepad is too basic to read the formatting. A hopeless piece of programming by M$! lol) Banned Words updated 7 December 2010.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; December 6th, 2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Updated text file
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Weird Search Results--a recent occurance?||HarrysBar666||General Windows Support||2||November 30th, 2006 03:43 AM|
|sorting results doing something weird...||roissgil||General Windows Support||1||September 25th, 2006 07:28 AM|
|Weird problem with Limewire Pro results||Freakish Play||Download/Upload Problems||0||August 2nd, 2006 01:37 PM|
|Coming up with very weird search results (videos)||B-real||Download/Upload Problems||6||August 16th, 2005 08:28 AM|
|Weird results on Upload screen||jasonf||Gnotella (Windows)||0||April 7th, 2001 09:56 PM|