|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
AS Sphinx told you LimeWire has nothing to do with the Gnutella net it is just a app to get you there. What amazes me is you comment about Google.
Now where is the integrity in that.
I'm sure you know a lot more about Google's search engine algorithm... so you could probably make a better more integrous system... you're tottaly Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Why don't you go apply for Google and give them your ideassss.
Listen - the point is Google does make an attempt to provide completely UNBIASED results with their searches - even their sponsored PAID FOR results are secluded in sections where you know where they are - they're not overwhelmingly taking up the entire search - and additionally, they have a screening process for their paid results. They refuse scam sites, inappropriate language/content, and generally have systems in place to check up on that ****.
Knock them for it if you like, I think they do a helluva better job and spend a lot more of their time developing a search engine that produces quality results.
By the way - your link? The top search result is Limewire.Com, and those "scam sites" are not scams. But okay. I guess anyone with attmpts to make a buck are scams these days...
i downloaded limewire yesterday, was looking for a couple programs. today i scan my machine and find 40 infected files... in a "complete" folder... that i did not even create. all stuff that i did not even download! this has got to be one of the shadiest networks i have ever used. thoroughly disappointed, not to mention the 1 program i did download was a totally different program AND infected as well... how do people get away with this kind of stuff???
I don't know about you but I always thought that anytime you only spoke half truths and charged for something that was free it was a scam. And I bet you that 99.9% of the rest of the world does to. I think they only charge $25 for LimeWire basic which is free. And look at all the things they promise it is all unlimited wow what a deal.
Perhaps you can point out to the rest of us why this is not a scam after all it is the first site on the google search.
"You will find all of the latest tools for accessing the largest peer-to-peer networks on the planet. You will also find online tutorials making it easy for you install and learn the tools provided, a collection of tools that include video players (allow you to play the latest video files) access to an award winning support team, CD burning application and much, much moreâ€¦"
"If you are experiencing technical difficulties and would require support, our support team guarantees to solve your issue on first contact or your money back! Simply contact us by email, by phone or through live web-chat function located in the memberâ€™s area."
" We have 3 teams offering support around the clock and 7 days a week."
Don't be a dick and think 99.9% of the world is on your side. It's not a scam. Damn. Everyone thinks any marketing attempt is a scam.
The software is free. You are paying for the online help and support and the online tutorials for the lifetime of the membership.
That's what some people like. They're clear and state that straight on their website. It's a SERVICE. People who buy it WANT that service. There's a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE in case it's NOT what they're looking for.
That's ethical, so get off your scam-ridden horse. If you call that a scam, then I guess you call any support/information product a scam, eh?
Such as technical support for computer companies. How dare they fill a need in the marketplace.
By the way - those are sponsored results and clearly marked as such. For information about LIMEWIRE itself, the FIRST result for Google is Limewire.Com.
My original point is Google makes a pretty damn successful attempt at providing relevant, unbiased results, and I wish Limewire would do the same.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
(Redirected from Scam)
Jump to: navigation, search
A confidence trick, confidence game, also known as a con or scam, is an attempt to intentionally mislead a person or persons (known as the "mark") usually with the goal of financial or other gain.
The confidence trickster, con man, scam artist or con artist often works with one or more accomplices called shills, who try to encourage the mark by pretending to believe the trickster. In a traditional con, the mark is encouraged to believe that they will obtain money dishonestly by cheating a third party, and is stunned to find that due to what appears to be an error in pulling off the scam they are the one who loses money; in more general use, the term con is used for any fraud in which the victim is tricked into losing money by false promises of gain.
Most confidence tricks exploit the greed and dishonesty of their victims. Often, the mark tries to out-cheat the conmen, only to discover that they have been manipulated into this from the start. This is such a general principle in confidence tricks that there is a saying among conmen that "you can't cheat an honest man."
Sometimes conmen rely on naïve individuals who put their confidence in get-rich-quick schemes such as 'too good to be true' investments. It may take years for the wider community to discover that such 'investment' schemes are bogus, and usually it is too late as many people have lost their life savings in something they have been confident of investing in.
You mean to tell me that advertisement isn't deceptive and misleading. I am guessing you make a living ripping people off how can you justify that. And if you think people want that service maybe you should check out some of the threads in the link below it is the search results for the word scam in this forum. Perhaps you should pull you head out of you *** and realize that people do not like to be riped off by people who do not want to work for a living but would rather steal it from people that do.
And maybe while you are at it you could maybe beat it through that thick scull of yours that LimeWire Does Not Control The Gnutella Network It Is Only A App That Takes You There
Ohhhhhhh God, so I'm using the wrong name. I read about two sentences of your post because you're just an *****retentive nit-picky *******. No offense :P
The point is my point - not who's running it. So, the whatever network should "get on that" or so I could only hope.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|autogenerated spam results||superesonator||General Windows Support||58||April 29th, 2007 07:19 AM|
|confused(spam showing in results)||xand_scenex||Download/Upload Problems||2||February 11th, 2007 02:38 PM|
|no results, just spam||dapork||Open Discussion topics||3||August 30th, 2006 08:43 PM|
|autogenerated spam results||superesonator||General P2P Network Discussion||8||February 12th, 2005 07:23 PM|
|Count of results found by search a greater value than the actual results displayed||rrmetal||Download/Upload Problems||1||January 17th, 2005 08:14 AM|