|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I do not blame Google I just questioned the use of the word integrity for describing them. Because the practice of putting these sites as first does not fit the word.
Googles practice in that respect is no different from any other search engine. I myself use Google along withe the others. I do not blame them for making $$$. I just don't think they or any other search engine I know of is using integrity in the way the display search results.
Hey ChrisAvalon I see in another thread you probably have a virus. I don't suppose you DL a file around 851.7kb you might want to go to Norbie's site as the Lord suggested in the other thread the link below will take you there.
now, now, chris!
if you read first.... you would have seen that i did not call you a teen. i said "you sound like a teen". like birdy says " a closed mouth gathers no foot."
i thought adults out-grow that "all or nothing" syndrome. assuming of course you are one of THOSE.
"what" i've said is pointless? typical!
since you don't know me, how would you know if my mind works funny or otherwise. typical!
since you've asked, i judge my responses as (better than yours).
how's that for a judgement???lol lol lol lol lol
Haha do you want me to break it down for you two? It's not really worth the time or effort - your banter is cute, but that's all.
And me_d, I already know enough to know your mind ain't that savvy, but I won't judge you harshly. Just a little simple, that's all. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Your comments have no point, is all I was saying. Or your point was a joke. It was less insult, more fact. You can judge your comments to be more useful but that must be because uselessness is your mantra.
Maybe... you're right. I see the error in my ways.
Perhaps I should start writing more useless comments, with unwitty quotes, spaced out grammar, and half-*** insults.... just maybe.....
Oh wait, I don't care what you think. That was a close one.
Re: Why Does Limewire Suck Now?
1. I don't see the raw file quantity "depleting."
2. Search results are the results. You have to live with them or move on. I've tried several other "programs" including bittorrent proggies and believe me, the odd snarl-up or "junk file results" with LW is a small price to pay considering the speed and efficiency the program delivers as well as the MANY more results it yields.
Yeah I agree - for the most part. I'm not comparing LW to anything else - it's probably the best, but that's not the point.
I'm just pointing out some recent features about LW that are disappointing.
The problem with the search results is they're coming out BIASED with only these "sponsored results" and I'm noticing less movies/songs.
I tried to download Garden State for instance, and I've done this TWICE from LW - but now, I can't find a copy at all. Not to mention the first result is a freakin' "sponsored result" whatever that means.
Same with this TV I used to be able to get from LW - Red Dwarf. Now? Nothing.
Songs seem to come in okay. But at times even those searches yield nothing. Then 2 seconds later I'll try again, and it shows up.
If I forgot to mention before I will now:
1. autogenerated spam results, & also 2. autogenerated mp3 spam results
LW now has a spam filter, so get into the habit of using it. Now you know the spam sizes & if you look at the virus thread I gave earlier then also virii sizes. You can also get rid of porn using the word filter. So either ignore it or filter it out to begin with. The fact the network has been attacked by dubious sources with fake, autogenerated results, porn, virii, etc. doesn't mean it doesn't still work if you know how to work around it. The 1st thing is to recognise what files are bad.
So how to use the spam filter? Select what you know is rubbish results & press the trash button. The spam filter is a learning filter. It will learn with experience. It has a dynamic nature which confuses some people but you'll notice it picks up quite nicely after a while. For me I found it stopped autogenerated spam such as mp3 & ipod spam after just the 2nd search. But I set out to find the spam so I could stop it.
However, virii will take much, much longer for the filter to learn to filter out.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|autogenerated spam results||superesonator||General Windows Support||58||April 29th, 2007 07:19 AM|
|confused(spam showing in results)||xand_scenex||Download/Upload Problems||2||February 11th, 2007 02:38 PM|
|no results, just spam||dapork||Open Discussion topics||3||August 30th, 2006 08:43 PM|
|autogenerated spam results||superesonator||General P2P Network Discussion||8||February 12th, 2005 07:23 PM|
|Count of results found by search a greater value than the actual results displayed||rrmetal||Download/Upload Problems||1||January 17th, 2005 08:14 AM|