|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
shared files count
on the bottom left of my limewire search page is a green oval containing a number. It is a "shared files count", what does this number indicate. I realize that this sounds like a real dumb question, but I am new to all of this and can't find anything in the pdf file to explain what it means. Is it files I have gotten from others, files others have gotten from me, both? Also, do I have to do anything for others to get files from me. How do I protect myself from people seeing private files?
The green oval indicates the number of files you currently are sharing.
If you did not ask Limewire to scan for mediafiles when you installed, then the only folder shared is the Shared folder which Limewire creates and a folder in preferences that only has to do with people downloading Limewire itself. All files that you download go into the Shared folder.
You can add or remove folder by going to Tools-->Options-->Sharing or altenatively going to your library and pressing shared files.
how do I know what files people have gotten from me? I did not ask for limewire to scan for mediafiles. While using limewire is it possible to keep my files private. What if I have files that I don't feel comfortable sharing?
Exactly as Sleepless said..... The only files that are not private are those you are sharing, and as you did not ask Limewire to scan for media files ... this is by default your save or download folder. Unless you change this all others can see is your downloaded files. You can share other files as he described and you only share what you want to. There is no question whatsoever of you having to or needing to share anything that feel uncomfortable about.
If you go to tools>options > uploads> Clear uploads and unmark the box, you can see all the uploads in the monitor pane while and after they happen.
I am reminded here of stories the BBC come up with sometimes about p2p users loosing their life and identity, and wonder if something like this frightens you. If you have your Limewire set up correctly and use all the protection that a Windows computer user should always use, your computer is almost invisible to the outside world apart from your shared files and them alone.
Almost???? well yes, no computer connected to the internet is 100% safe, whether using p2p or not. Nothing is in this word I'm afraid
Excluding the incomplete folder for a moment, the only files you are sharing are listed in the Library window & are coloured black. How to Share Folders (click on link)
Right-clicking any file or folder in the LW Library window will give you the choice of share or not share. If someone was not sharing to you, then you'd have nothing to download, so remember that!!! Share & share alike ... if not for sharing there'd be no p2p (peer to peer). So allow sharing of partial downloads, sharing of completed downloads, & anything else you wish to share. So long as it's what you want to share. These are the norm. Only share what you want to. But remember to keep within the community of sharing not leeching.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Files manually put in Shared folder aren't being shared?||ecis||Download/Upload Problems||2||June 3rd, 2005 02:41 PM|
|Total Files Count||ELAN||Connection Problems||0||October 19th, 2004 06:49 AM|
|Missing files form shared files folder||jeff61398||New Feature Request||0||January 19th, 2003 12:25 PM|
|Shared files SLOOWWW to count||Unregistered||General Mac OSX Support||4||July 23rd, 2002 10:55 PM|
|I shared out 3 folders full of mp3s but still says 0 files shared||imPLoDeR||Connection Problems||0||March 10th, 2002 06:11 PM|