|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I would like to see the people at limewire devise a way for those of us to ban certain users who flood you with as many as 50 or so requests to download music from you at one time. I place a limit of 2 downloads per user at a time but it is aggravating to see so many requests from the same user and to top it all, they, themselves have no files they want to share. That's Bull. I see that periodically Limewire will ban users but the following day, the jerks are right back flooding your system. I don't want to sound selfish but I hate sharing music with those who wont share in return.
I don't even know how to answer that.....
I share files... all of them.. some people are jerks I guess...
... I figure... since someone was cool enough to let me download... I'll share what I got...
Besides.. limewire doesn't have enough staff to mod the whole network..
.. and if people did it... they'd ban everyone.... screw even more people...
One good Idea would be... for people to forcibly share their downloaded files...
For that... the entire software would have to be reconfigured...
I download often, but also have people downloading from my shared files.
I have however noticed that some people out there have the ability of
throwing you out (reason unknown).... why do they do this? Am I at fault or doing something wrong?
Everyone has the ability to terminate uploads. In the 'Monitor' tab, you can click on a file and cancel the upload.
Why do people do this?
I used to do it if someone was being greedy. For example, if I saw a certain IP address over and over again.
Other people do it because they think that they can determine whether you are sharing files or not. Many people do not like to give their files to 'freeloaders'. The thing is, there is no foolproof way to determine if someone is sharing. If someone is downloading a file from you, you may or may not be able to use the 'browse host' feature to see what files they are sharing. Do you have chat enabled? The chat function doesn't work in current versions of Limewire, but it does supposedly help the 'browse host' feature work better.
What makes you think your downloads are being intentionally terminated? Perhaps someone is done using their computer and is simply turning it off. Or maybe they have dial-up and need to use the telephone. Or maybe they downloaded a virus. Maybe they need to reboot for whatever reason. Not everyone is constantly connected to the network.
Hope this helps
I dont like it when you cant browse some one eles sure i let them browse me when i have over 15,000 file's to share and when they are takeing all of my banwith it make's me mad a little that's y when ever im downloading i scan and see if any host will not let you browse.and than i kick most of the time because they keep downloading same file over and over from me and if i cant browse from them than y should i let them download from me.
I mean im not trying to be rude to any body or any thing but like i was saying
y should i let them download from me if they dont let you browse them.
And yes Chat Do's work on Pro 4.12.6 i have tryed but no one talks back soo i say screw it.
When some nonsharing jackass tries to dn/ld more files than I will share at one time, I usually filter them out. Tools > Options > Filter > Hosts. Put in there IP, click apply and then OK. Also If they are trying to get alot of files from the same artist just stop sharing those files. Right click on files in the library screen and choose stop sharing. Files should turn Red when not shared. Not to be rude about this either, but I have spent a considerable amount of time and effort on my collection and I dont care for freeloaders and leeches. Share and Share alike.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Can RIAA Monitor Downloaders?||ZombieGak||Open Discussion topics||9||August 17th, 2006 07:54 AM|
|I'm a greedy, selfish ...!!!||Karl Marx||Open Discussion topics||1||January 3rd, 2006 10:16 AM|
|some advice for movie downloaders||verbal||Download/Upload Problems||4||July 10th, 2005 05:41 PM|
|question about downloaded downloaders||Unregistered||General Windows Support||0||July 3rd, 2002 02:06 AM|
|Greedy *******s?||Scott||Open Discussion topics||2||May 6th, 2001 06:38 AM|