|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I can't delete a downloaded movie clip file - please help!
I have been attacking this issue for the better part of 24 hours, so if the answer is already here, forgive me if I don't have the patience right now to search for it, and I hope someone can help me ASAP!
I downloaded what I thought was a video but what noiw looks like a "movie clip". I immediately tried to delete it after it was downloaded, but I can't. I have tried everything: Click once to highlight, then there are several ways I should be able to delete (from file menu, right click, select delete, left side menu "delete", select all, delete) but none ofd these worked. When I right click on file, I only get a partial drop down menu and the delete part is not included. I checked my virus scan and ran 2 other spyware programs - I had no viruses, and cleaned up spyware, still, I can't delete the file. I did 2 system restore - still didn't take this file away! I called my antivirus people - they checked for hacker and found nothing and had no other help - there is no virus problem. I tried created a new folder ands tried to move it to new folder, hoping I can delete from there - can't move the file.
When I highlight and view properties from file menu, the box says file size is 0 bytes. When I ran a search to see if it is in other areas, it only came up in the one area that I know it's in, and the file size there says almost 10,000 kb. I tried to delete it from that search method - couldn't.
For now it doesn't seem to be causing any problems, but I can't delete it and that can't be a good thing - I'm afraid there could be a problem soon. For a while, I was getting a notice from my virus company (PC-Cillian, which I love) saying something was trying receive information from the internet through a "listening socket" - maybe it was spyware that got deleted, because I don't get that message now, but I wonder if that came from this file, and what else could be coming.
I even removed Limeware program, hoping that file would go away or at least be deletable, but that didn't work. I cannot find it "in use" anywhere - it never played anything, even at first download.
I'm at a loss of what to do to remove this file. Please help!!!
^^^ Reboot, as in re-start? Or is reboot more involved? I have re-started many times during the process of trying everything. I haven't tried the program the first reply here said yet, but I will. When I did an internet search for answers to this problem, I found a few suggestions for programs to try - I think killbox was one. I tied a couple and they didn't work either.
I recently tried to download that same file again, hoping that if the first download wasn't complete that that is what was causing the problem. I found the same file, downloaded to overwrite the first one, still nothing changed - I can't delete it, move it, rename it, no matter what I try.
I am now getting a strange message when my virus scan tries to scan. The pop-up box says it was not able to do a successful scan (or something like that) and when I click "ok" to close the box, it won't close. When I click on the "x", it won't close. I have to ctrl, alt, delete to close that pop-up box and the whole virsus scan program. That's happened twice so far since this bad file was downloaded, and it never happened before.
I have not done the disk clean up or defrag either. I will try them, but after eveything I've tried, I have little hope a disk clean up working.
I do hope others have suggestions. Thank You!
It might be best if you post a Highjack this log at one of these site's, as you sound like you have picked up something nasty...These guys are experts on this type of thing...
Bleeping Computer - Computer Help and Discussion
Spyware Warrior :: Index
If you dont live for something...
You die for nothing...
if restarting (<-- synonym of rebooting, that is shutting down and turning on) doesnt work, it means "something" in that file is executed immediately on boot. This "something" can only be some infected cr*p. No file like a movie is ""executed"" at boot time.
You can also check with a very tiny application that does not need installation, named Autoruns ( AutoRuns download from PC Maintenance category its freeware ) which are the startup entries and with that application you can "normally" disable them just dechecking the thick box
i have a slightly similar Problem,this time when igo to search when i start up in vista i cannot delele a file name for a particular video clip i get the folloeing message (this is no longer located in c:\user jack\downlods\
limewire\Saved try again and i still cannot delete,remove from vista search. how can i remove thisvvideo clip filename from search? i'd appreciate any suggestions thank you.
Last edited by verdant; September 9th, 2008 at 01:38 PM.
I finally did get this problem resolved, and maybe I can help, because it does sound very similar.
My problem also was a limewire download. Try this:
Open your limewire. Along the top, there are tabs - open the one says "Library". That should list all of the downloads. Find the one that is the problem. It will most likely appear as still trying to download. And that's what's causing the problem. The fact that it's trying to download is why it can't be deleted from other places in your computer. Delete it from this section. That should delete it from the rest of your computer automatically. if you still find it in other places, it should be easy to delete now, but it'll probably be gone once you delete it from the library of limewire.
Hope that helps! That's what my answer turned out to be. In the end, it was that simple, but getting to that answer for beyond frustrating!
Let me know - I'm curious how this works out for you.
Last edited by Renee47; September 9th, 2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: left out a word
Thanks fo your imediate response. i did that acouple of days ago iwent to yhe library tab,saved folder and and it did not work so i just deleted that version of limewire thinking that it would solve the problem. that also did not work, so i downloaded another version of limewire and it works for new downloaded files i went to vista search and the old,previous filname "hockey puck is still there and again i tried to delete that movieclip filname and i again get the message.....did not find thid this item
this nolonger Located in c:\jack\downlosd\Saved. try again.movie clip size3.38mb. i run a virus,malware etc...check and did not find any.the only thing i can try is to download the limewire vwrsion i used when i deleted thar movieclip filename i just simple want to delete that particular filname.i hope i can remember what versionof limeware i used. i've triedother types of software to help me delete this problem. but you have to be almost an IT. Thanks for your response. if any one comes up with any solution thanks again.
You said you look in the "Library" tab at "saved files". I un-installed Limewaire a few months ago, so i can't go to the site to look at the path more specific, but I don't recall the offensive file being in a saved folder.
If I recall, when I opened the Library tab, I saw a long list of everything.
I will advise looking in the library under all files that you can, and looking for anything that appears to be still downloading. the offending file - look specifically for that file. if it was downloaded completely or partially, it will be there. look for it and delete it, no matter the status of it (still donwloading or not, just find it and delete it.) If you downloaded it from Limewire, it should be listed there - find it and delte it. if you don'tr find it in one area, search in another area, because it should be found somewhere there. Delete it when you find it.
If you get frustrated (and I know how that can be!), close it, calm down, come back the next day and start all over again with the search for that file. Nothing gets done effectively when one is frustrated, so when that point comes, stop. You won't be productive anyway, and you'll just be more miserable. Then try again later.
That worked for me, and it really sounds like it could work for you too. if you found it in the Limewire library anbd deleted it, if it's still somewhere on else on your computer, you'll be able to delete it now.
Good luck, and keep me posted!
Edit: I was able to respond somewhat quickly because I chose to get an email when there is a response in a thread that I have posted in, and I happened to check my email rather shortly after your post, I guess! Now, I'm checking a little more often to catch other responses.
Last edited by Renee47; September 9th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Upside down movie clip||richiehere||Open Discussion topics||4||July 21st, 2006 06:13 PM|
|Grrr, Movie Clip Help!||Helltech||Open Discussion topics||7||May 30th, 2006 12:06 AM|
|Movie Clip Problems||Helltech||General Windows Support||1||May 29th, 2006 11:54 PM|
|How do I play a movie clip||Bandit1200||Searching||11||November 7th, 2005 01:31 PM|
|Movie Preview Failed Now My Movie Clip Has Colors And No Picture||maxsixer||Download/Upload Problems||3||May 15th, 2005 08:26 AM|