|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|PEERanha (Windows) PEERanha has been discontinued. We highly recommend you use an actively developed client instead.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
PEERanha is Dead
let me explain the current situation in the gnutellacommunity with the films of Star Wars:
There's a dark site with the power of hate called THE IMPERIUM,
and there's a site with love, peace and harmony called THE REBELS.
THE IMPERIUM got power of million of systems infected them with spy's and taxes. It used programs like Bearshare und other giants which are totally immovably. Well THE REBELS had wrote his own programs like PEERanha.
BUT.... DON'T BELIEVE THE FILM ... BECAUSE OF CORRUPTION AND HATE BETWEEN THE GNUUSERS/DEVELOPERS... THE REBELS LOST...
It's sad to say it here , I had spend most of my free time for this project and I know there're some user who use PEERanha but what other should I say: "I'm sorry!".
NOW I'LL LEAVE THE GNUTELLA-NET FOREVER!
PS: I hope there're some ppl who will continue the rebellion! I'm in the army now and have no time for this project!
Sorry again to all the user!
Thx man for PEERanha,
it was definitly nice to meet you, great coding (lots of features in only a few months), great client (!) and fun on #gnutelladev. I especially liked to talk with you about interesting new ideas for P2P future (e.g. GNUXP binary protocol or pheromone routing hehe) and I was amazed by the speed you programmed. Damn, you're fast! I'm really sorry to see you go, good luck the next months! Don't think the rebellion has lost yet.... oh if the fish goes open source think about GPL to block Vinnieborg from assimilating.
Moak & Chewy
too bad for us users! I really liked Peeranha too I just hope the gnutella community could pull together before we lose too many more good programers. Ive been a fan of gnutella for about two years it seems that the rifts in the community will tear it asunder. I hope it dont come to that. ive watched some good programs come and go I'm just a end user who enjoys swaping files you all have done great work improving the network I just wish there was a way to combine the energy and frustration to make it better for all us end users Ive now been orfened by three good programs /programers now
Crap! The bad guys have won again.
I’ve been enjoying sharing with PEERanha, it defiantly has fun options. I enjoy hearing Bruce Campbell’s shotgun for every completed upload, PEERanha makes uploading enjoyably, even when there’s nothing I want to download.
Thanks for a great client, sorry to see you go.
perhaps this is the wrong place to say this
but theres a nice p2p net called openFT which is a plugin for giFT.....
they have a lack of developers .....
i liked peeranaha....this sucks....but i am really looking forward to the development of giFT...
sorry to see you go
I am very sorry to see you go. Your client was coming along very nicely. Please do the gnutella community a favor and open source your client so your hard work can continue to live on and improve the gnutella experience.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/peeranha-windows/10398-peeranha-dead.html
|Anexo:Clientes de Gnutella - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre||This thread||Refback||October 11th, 2014 04:04 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Peeranha Back Online||Yodashady||New Features||12||March 1st, 2004 07:35 PM|
|Peeranha>> nein danke||Unregistered||Fehler||3||April 12th, 2002 11:42 AM|
|PEERanha Client 1.36||godXBlue||General Gnutella Development Discussion||10||December 13th, 2001 03:35 AM|