|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Shareaza (Windows) Shareaza user question section. Preview this popular software Shareaza (when only the 'Real' version will do)|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
A VM member of these forums gave me a variation of the authentic Shareaza she adapted slightly. It connected easily, found files easily, downloaded easily.
Not all pc's are the same, even if you own several pc's, one p2p program can behave totally differently on one of them compared to the others even when the pc's are identical hardware & software. That's a fact of life. So choose what suits your system best. If you're happy with a spyware full program that reports all your shared files, other details about your system reported back to Discordia, then that's your happy choice. (I'm sure if the code was investigated many references to reporting back to Discordia would be found. I've seen this before.)
Glad it works for you. But as both a moderator & admin here when someone who uses a SCAM version of a program posts here, appearing innocent initially then gives the 'go' pro thoughts about the scam version, then yes I was suspicious, thus my comments. As far as a moderator's suspicion can go, you may well work for Discordia, perhaps even a marketer for them. It appears you did not come to these forums for help, but to boost Discordia's reputation, pretending Discordia's (spyware) version is superior.
We do not support scam versions of any program here at Gnutella forums. That's always been the policy here. Whilst we might give advice to help solve problems, we'd also suggest getting the real thing.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 7th, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
iTunes may have some DRM free music, but unfortunately still in crap quality. 224Kbps m4a unless I'm very much mistaken. That doesn't even come close to great quality.
Try comparing one of those releases to the same one on a physical CD in a proper audio setup, and I'm sure you'll find a difference.
I remember when they posted blind tests of DRM music vs. "higher" quality DRM free music and I could hear the difference. Unfortunately I could also very easily hear the difference between their DRM free music and an actual 100% copy of the songs.
Have you listened to very loud music through a single wall? The wall filters out several of the frequencies & quality. Music sold online is roughly basically the same. m4a/mp3, etc. drops all frequencies above 15KHz & below 10 hz. Changes the actual structure of the music by adjoining similar frequencies, dropping some frequencies & boosting others, changing the music shape; this can be seen when comparing original with mp3/m4a audio bandwidth frequencies on a spectrograph.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 7th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
No way is it crappy quality. Some of the junk I downloaded on those crappy P2P software downloads , i would not even have. Some was not even by the real artists. Quality was terrible. iTunes sounds like a symphony compared to that crap.
That's fine, sounds like p2p sharing is not for you. Of course selecting the better quality audio files is something you are not educated at. 99c/song ... that's a bargain. Though personally I'd prefer to have the CD at that price. Fine if you only want one song off a particular album. But as you suggested, you think p2p software downloads are crap. So it's obviously not for you. Not sure why you're even bothering with your scam version Shareaza since it connects to the same networks.
You rubbish the genuine ShareAza, you rubbish Gnutella, you rubbish the networks Shareaza connects to, you rubbished me. Anything else you wish to say?
And we thought you came to these forums looking for help initially. We were fooled.
Do you even own a physical CD and decent equipment to play it on?
yep, a lot of stuff on the gnutella network is cr@p ...and a lot is spam...but there are quality files at a high bitrate to be found...and take the time to remember a very simple concept...its for free (unless you were a big enough of a goober to actually pay for some sort of 'service')...the files on the network are hosted by the users...no 'provider' of the software hosts any files, as that would be quite illegal and open them up to direct prosecution...
So Long and Thanks for All the Files
Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This
I came here for help. yes I truly did. I had downloaded the false Shareaza and did not know it until I came here and saw that Shareaza.com was the false one.. But I had success with it but I uninstalled it and installed the real one. After I had the real one , I had problems with it. Not giving me very many results when searched and not downloading the songs. The false one did. had no trouble with it and it downloaded fast. Anyway , I do appreciate your help although by the time you responded , i had already gone through three P2P softwares and had trouble with all of them except for the false Shareaza. No trouble with that one except giving all these ringtones to maybe 4 downloads for songs.
You are probably correct when you say I don't know how to use these very well. Could be true. I just have found none I like better than iTunes.
This will be my last post unless someone can give me a good reliable P2P program with a nice media player . Since as of now I don't have P2P software , so at the moment no problems . I will not post again. thanks for all your help.
I'll leave that up to others to suggest. There's many Gnutella programs to choose from. But learning how to pick good from bad quality music is a skill you should learn. There are many tips on these forums, sometimes limited to specific forum sections, but the principles are the same for all the gnutella programs, and if you wish to learn about them, worth searching unless someone wishes to suggest them. Here's one example where to find them. eg: How to find music, & Typical file SIZEs of Spammed Virus files posing as audio files.
I'd recommend two sources of music. (1) with due care using a gnutella program, using hopefully new learnt skills to find decent quality audio files. (2) using a genuine Torrent program, either uTorrent or Vuse (Azureus).
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/shareaza-windows/80100-shareazav4-shareaza-com-fake.html
|Top 20 Best Peer to Peer P2P File Sharing Programs and Applications||This thread||Refback||August 8th, 2010 07:21 AM|
|ShareazaV4 - FAKE and contains spyware - Safer-Networking Forums||This thread||Refback||August 5th, 2010 08:59 PM|