|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Shareaza (Windows) Shareaza user question section. Preview this popular software Shareaza (when only the 'Real' version will do)|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
ShareazaV4 And Shareaza.Com Are Fake!
The version of Shareaza, called ShareazaV4, currently maintained by Discordia Ltd on Shareaza.com is totally FAKE. It can install spyware and gives you a non-real Shareaza.
You should only update at http://shareaza.sourceforge.net
The latest Shareaza versions (126.96.36.199 and above) has security fixes for this problem. Please update immediately!
Read more at:
Secunia - Shareaza Updates Notifications Security Issue
Heise-Security - Hostile takeover of Shareaza
TorrentFreak - Shareaza.com Hijacked and Turned Into a Scam Site
TorrentFreak - Conspiracy Against Shareaza and Open Letter to the Recording Industry
Nerd - Urgent Warning for Shareaza Users
Slashdot - French RIAA hijacks p2p application's website
P2PNet - Shareaza shanghaied
Last edited by Neglacio; June 17th, 2009 at 06:21 AM.
The answer to your question is yes it's a fake one. As Neglacio states in his first sentence, Discordia is the fake one. Present version should be 2.4, not above 3.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; October 5th, 2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added in link to full story
Hey , just downloaded the real Shareaza and I must say that I like the fake one soooo much better. I love the player in the fake one. i might just reinstall it as I am having trouble getting downloads in the real Shareaza. Never did in the fake one It was more like iTunes. My most favorite player of all
Well , my real Shareaza was very short lived. Could not get it to downlload. gave only one result and then would not download the song. tried other song downloads and gave only a few results , then would never download. hey , I don't have time for such nonsense. I want something that works. So , i am right back with the "Fake" Shareaza version 6.
um ... so why did you post here? Did you do a clean install & remove the old preferences folder or let Shareaza use the Discordia Shareaza preferences. That in itself would most likely have not been good for the 'genuine' article.
You sound like a very patient person. I guess you don't share files either right? Just grab songs & run. Welcome to the Gnutella 'sharing' community btw.
And as for iTunes, well everyone has their favorites. I use iTunes, have since iTunes version 2, but these days the program been a little rubbishy. Forcing changes on users. eg: who wants files named 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 title.mp3
There used to be an option to stop this in preferences, but iTunes removed the option for the user to change it. Now there's only one way to prevent it.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 7th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
I guess this d00d likes spyware....
So Long and Thanks for All the Files
Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This
You sound like a very patient person. I guess you don't share files either right? Just grab songs & run. Welcome to the Gnutella 'sharing' community btw. Quote.
Yes I am patient because if I wasn't , I would tell you what kind of character you have. And lets just say . It would not be a good thing.
Nope. Did a clean install. Just did not work. Neither did Frostwire. i have tried Frostwire , poorf. Ares Poor Shareaza poor. Fake Shareaza fair but best one out of the three. i am beginning to thinkl these P2P software is not worth the bother. iTunes isd only 99 cents. Not bad for great quaility. i will probably just stay with iTunes. Never found a better one yet.
Well that's another funny preference. iTunes isn't great quality, it's decent quality. Also they really like their DRM and other restrictions. There are very few great "legal" download sites and by far the most of them are electronic music only. Sites like BeatPort, which sell 320Kbps mp3 and even in some cases proper FLAC for little more than your precious iTunes sells DRM cripled 192Kbps m4p files.
I prefer the real thing i.e. either the physical CD or a 1:1 copy of said CD.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/shareaza-windows/80100-shareazav4-shareaza-com-fake.html
|Top 20 Best Peer to Peer P2P File Sharing Programs and Applications||This thread||Refback||August 8th, 2010 07:21 AM|
|ShareazaV4 - FAKE and contains spyware - Safer-Networking Forums||This thread||Refback||August 5th, 2010 08:59 PM|