|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Shareaza (Windows) Shareaza user question section. Preview this popular software Shareaza (when only the 'Real' version will do)|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Shareaza hardly downloads anything.
Hello, there, here's my problem:
It turns out that my Shareaza client's downloads are always in pending and sometimes searching status. It hardly ever downloads thing, and when it does, it's very slow (10 kbs).
It's weird because I pass the Shareaza connection test (all green) and I'm always uploading at a fast speed (100kb) to other users.
I don't see it fair that I cannot download anything.
Is there any solution to this? Is perhaps a configuration problem?.
Thanks in advance.
I don't use Shareaza, but until a Shareaza user posts you could have a look at the link below & see whether any of that info (maybe have a look in the Downloads section) helps:SourceForge.net: Troubleshoot - shareaza
What version of Shareaza are you using? Which networks do you have enabled?
BTW: I'm using the last version of Shareaza.
No, I am talking about the P2P networks you are using. The default is Gnutella2 (G2), but gnutella, eD2k and DC++ can also be used by Shareaza...
I'm using all of them. However it never succedd to connect to DC++, it keeps saying connecting.
About the others, it connects eventually.
Also I have to say that when I have Shareaza on I cannot use any web browser since somehow Shareaza disrupts connections.
To how many neighbours are you connected to?
What internet connection speed do you have at home?
Does using one of these versions fix your problem: Shareaza - Debug Builds (note: you can safely ignore the debug warning; to get rid of it completely, search our Wiki for "command line switches" and include them in your startup entry / Shareaza link)
I'm usually connected at the max allowed neighbors. I think it says 1024 or so.
I do have a 2mb connection, sometimes it's slow, sometimes it's fast, but if I have Shareaza on I cannot use any kind of browser, not even jdownloader as it says "connection lost".
I'll try the debug build. I'd reply back when I do.
You don't need more then 2 leaf2Hub connections for optimal connection. Having anything more will not at all affect your search results or download speeds positively.
And if you're having connection and internet problems, try stepping down your settings to no more than 8 peer2peer ones and 400 Hub2leaf ones. This should solve your problem. Probably your router is not capable of maintaining that much simultaneous connections (probably it's the many UDP packets that do kill it and cause the connection losses).
|pending, problem, status|
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/shareaza-windows/98301-shareaza-hardly-downloads-anything.html
|Thread Shareaza hardly downloads anything. | Gnutella Forums | Page 3 | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||September 14th, 2012 11:31 PM|
|Thread Shareaza hardly downloads anything. | Gnutella Forums | Page 2 | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||March 13th, 2012 12:30 AM|
|Thread Shareaza hardly downloads anything. | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||July 18th, 2011 09:38 PM|
|Site Gnutella Forums | www.gnutellaforums.com | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||June 13th, 2011 04:25 PM|
|Shareaza (Windows) on Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||May 9th, 2011 05:05 AM|