|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Tips & Tricks For help with file formats, viruses, security, etc. This section is not for questions about problems with Gnutella program clients, downloading, connecting, etc.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I am trying to extend my desktop to a second monitor.
I am trying to extend my desktop to a second monitor. Yes, I know how it is supposed to work with the display settings, but I can not get the operating system to recognize the existence of two monitors. Let me first explain some details because my situation is not like the others. First of all, it was working and suddenly it stopped. Also, according to the Windows 10 OS, my drivers are all updated.
I am also able to reboot and have the system work with either monitor and looked into either port on the video card.
The problem seems to be that the drive for the monitors does not work:
I first tried uninstalling the associated software for the driver:
I was wondering if there was physically something wrong with my video card. So I dusted out the interior of the CPU, disconnected the video card, sprayed "endust" everywhere and reattached the video card, but there was till the same issue.
I downloaded a tool from NVIDIA that is supposed to install the proper driver. I did this and rebooted but I continued to have the same issue and nothing I did helped.
There does not seem to be a graphics connection on the motherboard and so all connections to the monitor or monitors comes from the graphics card.
I did a number of tests. I have confirmed that both monitors work. I have also confirmed that either connection on the graphics card will be accepted by the OS at start up. So I am puzzled.
Also, the entire system was working perfectly and suddenly stopped.
Does this give you any ideas of where to look now and what action I should take?
From the CMD set command here is the processor information:
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
Here is the Basic information about my computer:
Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) I=i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 bsed processor
For the mother board, I typed from the command line:
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
Manufacturer Product SerialNumber Version
MSI Z87M GAMING (MS-7866) To be filled by O.E.M. 1.0
From Pinform Speccy we have this information:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz 58 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz (10-11-10-30)
MSI Z87M GAMING (MS-7866) (SOCKET 0) 31 °C
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1600x1200@64Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (NVIDIA)
238GB Crucial_CT256MX100SSD1 (SSD) 23 °C
698GB Seagate ST3750640AS (SATA) 23 °C
698GB Western Digital WDC WD7501AALS-00J7B0 (SATA) 29 °C
3GB JetFlash Transcend 4GB USB Device (USB)
Realtek High Definition Audio
Total memory slots 4
Used memory slots 2
Free memory slots 2
Size 16384 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 933.5 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 10 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 11 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 10 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 30 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Memory Usage 51 %
Total Physical 16 GB
Available Physical 7.81 GB
Total Virtual 18 GB
Available Virtual 8.82 GB
Number Of SPD Modules 2
Name Generic Non-PnP Monitor on Microsoft Basic Display Driver
Current Resolution 1600x1200 pixels
Work Resolution 1600x1160 pixels
State Enabled, Primary
Monitor Width 1600
Monitor Height 1200
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 64 Hz
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Model GeForce 8800 GTS
Device ID 10DE-0193
Subvendor NVIDIA (10DE)
Series GeForce 8
Current Performance Level Level 0
Technology 90 nm
Die Size 484 mm²
Transistors 681 M
Release Date 2006
DirectX Support 10.0
DirectX Shader Model 4.0
OpenGL Support 3.0
Driver version 18.104.22.16801
Shaders 96 unified
Memory Type GDDR3
Bus Width 64x5 (320 bit)
Anti Aliasing Modes -?-
Filtering Modes Bilinear, Trilinear, 2x Anisotropic, 4x Anisotropic, 8x Anisotropic, 16x Anisotropic
Noise Level Moderate
Max Power Draw 147 Watts
Count of performance levels : 1
Level 1 - "Perf Level 0"
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Computer type: Desktop
Monitors and resolution:
There are two monitors. One is Compaq and the other is AOC
Here is the informaiotn abut the AOC:
Here is the information about the Compaq
Thanks for going to the trouble to provide so many details. I would prefer to leave possible solutions up to someone else. But just wanted to comment that your video card was originally put onto the market 10 years ago. Not that this should be an issue however. I'm not a Windows fixer (Mac) which is why I'd prefer someone else to help you. I also have the 8800 card except mine is the 750 MB Vram version (gtx I think) after my first two died (previous gts a year ago.)
Have you perhaps tried reducing the monitor resolution? Have you tried changing the interfacing setting on the monitor(s) between DVI and Analogue?
Are you using an interface converter between the monitors and computer (such as DVI to HDMI, etc.)?
You said you tried running the main monitor from both ports right? Just to be sure both still work.