|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Tips & Tricks For help with file formats, viruses, security, etc. This section is not for questions about problems with Gnutella program clients, downloading, connecting, etc.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Cannot transfer my limewire library to itunes or ipod...
Hi, I am unable to transfer my updated limewire library to itunes and/or my ipod. When I have been successful, it'as been entirely by mistake. I need someone to expalin to me how to do it, smoothly. Thank you!
Are you talking about using Limewire (LW)? If yes, then ignore the LW playlist you see in iTunes. That's simply a playlist & the actual songs still remain in your LW downld folder. What you need to do is add the song files to iTunes music library. To do this see the many techniques here How to transfer music to my iPod (& iTunes)
And to access your downld folder easily & quickly: Go to your LW Library window, select Saved Files folder & press the Explore button. Sample image here: Using Library Explore button to access downld folder (click on link)
The default location of the LW downld folder is: C:\Documents and Settings\"your account name"\Shared
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
640 K [of computer memory] ought be enough for anybody. -- Bill Gates (1981)
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. -- Albert Einstein
When facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. -- Albert Einstein
Religion keeps the poor from murdering the rich. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
The important thing is not to stop questioning. -- Albert Einstein
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -- Albert Einstein
"A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians." -- Frank Zappa
"Tobacco is my favorite vegetable." / "May your sh*t come to life and kiss you on the face." / "Scientology, how about that? You hold on to the tin cans and then this guy asks you a bunch of questions, and if you pay enough money you get to join the master race. How's that for a religion?" / "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." / "There are three things that smell of fish. One of them is fish. The other two are growing on you!" / "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny." / "The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese." / "Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." / "The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life." / "Rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, in order to provide articles for people who can't read." -- Frank Zappa
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
The shy can light the dull dark room with life when their eyes mirror their inner sunrise - LOTR
Check your iTunes Music Folder. Search & find it on your computer. See what the folder size is. You may need to re-add the files from that folder. You could open the music folder, select all the folders & drag & drop them to the iTunes Library icon at the top of the playlists whilst iTunes is open.
If the iTunes music folder is empty. Then you may need to get the iPod files copied back to your computer & add them to iTunes from there. See the above link in my first post & look for reverse iPod near the lower posts of that thread.
(I have been getting the impression that with apple adding different extras to their newer version iTunes that some of them are causing problems / side issues. Your iTunes music list might have been corrupted.)
The most recent versions of itunes is no longer compatible with Limewire. If you have a version that works keep using it. Not only that, Apple made the itunes library incompatible with previous versions. What I do now is load the Limewire files onto Media Monkey and then batch load them to itunes.
I love my two 80GB ipods but Apple bytes!!!
I already have the version prior to the newest one with genius. I don't want an Apple program searching through my files.
I hope this helps someone.
i know it is bad manners to butt in on someone else thread but i have no idea how to start another one. i was wondering if somone could help....everytime i try to add lw tunes to itunes, its automaticall transferes wma(?) file to mp3, i have already done this and it work, however everytime i try to download a new song it has to do it all over again and it takes ages...can anyone help me sort this? thanks in advance
iTunes won't play .wma files as they are, but will convert .wma files to whichever format you've selected within your iTunes preferences.
In iTunes go Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Importing. There's a dropdown menu next to 'Import Using'...there you can choose which file type you want iTunes to convert the .wma files to.
If you want your songs in iTunes in .mp3 format, just download .mp3 files rather than .wma files
wma files aren't the most trustworthy anyway - check out this link:What you should know about WMA Files
The file will have lost some of it's data when it was originally converted to .wma format...if you convert that same file to .mp3 then it's going to lose more data during the conversion. So the quality of the file's going to be even more reduced.
Last edited by birdy; September 24th, 2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Adding bold text
thanks so much for getting back to me. i tried that but what it is, i am downloading mp3 files, however the files already dowloaded on my itunes are wma, am i therefore better to download wma files from lm? i chnaged the prefrences but it did not seem to make any difference!! ahhhhhh
Are you sure that the files in your iTunes library are .wma?? Right click on a file name > get info. You'll see the file format there.
Which version of iTunes are you using (to find out, in iTunes click on 'help' > about iTunes - the version number will show)?
ATM I'm back with iTunes 6 but AFAIK iTunes 7 was the same (ie converting .wma to other formats when adding files to the library). I don't know about iTunes 8, haven't used it.
sorry some songs are aac? and it looks like some are wma (i think its the songs i have dowlaoded via a cd, so everytime i download songs from lw it converts all those songs, it a total mess and doing my head in! i am on version 7, should i downgrade?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Can't get music to Transfer from Limewire to ITunes Library||MsKittyOne2002||Open Discussion topics||9||October 24th, 2008 08:43 AM|
|transfer songs on ipod into my library???||and1kj20||General Windows Support||7||October 10th, 2005 04:35 PM|
|Transfer music from Limewire to Itunes Library||miranda g||General Windows Support||1||May 21st, 2005 10:20 AM|
|How to transfer music to my iPod (& iTunes)||Paul Clark||Open Discussion topics||24||March 27th, 2005 01:35 PM|
|How to transfer music to my iPod (& iTunes)||Paul Clark||Tips & Tricks||24||March 27th, 2005 01:35 PM|